Reiterating the Codex

A couple years ago Toa Freak made a video highlighting the importance of a Codex type system in Halo Infinite (at the time referred to as Halo 6) and I haven’t seen people talk about this in a while and wanted to know people’s thoughts on the idea now that we are much closer to the launch of the game and have a better idea as to the environment and level design. I think categorising the different sections based on faction, with subcategories for weapons, vehicles, species( in the Banished’s case) with new entries in the codex for every weapon you pick up, vehicle you operate and enemy you kill. A system like the Library from Halo CEA could potentially work but this way things are simplified. Utilising the Visor scan feature could be a work around similar to what exists in Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order.

link to video in mention: “Halo 6 NEEDS a Codex”

> 2533274996102671;1:
> A couple years ago Toa Freak made a video highlighting the importance of a Codex type system in Halo Infinite (at the time referred to as Halo 6) and I haven’t seen people talk about this in a while and wanted to know people’s thoughts on the idea now that we are much closer to the launch of the game and have a better idea as to the environment and level design. I think categorising the different sections based on faction, with subcategories for weapons, vehicles, species( in the Banished’s case) with new entries in the codex for every weapon you pick up, vehicle you operate and enemy you kill. A system like the Library from Halo CEA could potentially work but this way things are simplified. Utilising the Visor scan feature could be a work around similar to what exists in Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order.
>
> link to video in mention: “Halo 6 NEEDS a Codex”

Infinite’s menu in the gameplay reveal last summer showed an Intel menu - pretty sure that’s where this functionality will sit

Don’t think you’ll find many against the idea though and we already had a system a little like it through Locke’s visor in Halo 5

> 2533274874872263;2:
> > 2533274996102671;1:
> > A couple years ago Toa Freak made a video highlighting the importance of a Codex type system in Halo Infinite (at the time referred to as Halo 6) and I haven’t seen people talk about this in a while and wanted to know people’s thoughts on the idea now that we are much closer to the launch of the game and have a better idea as to the environment and level design. I think categorising the different sections based on faction, with subcategories for weapons, vehicles, species( in the Banished’s case) with new entries in the codex for every weapon you pick up, vehicle you operate and enemy you kill. A system like the Library from Halo CEA could potentially work but this way things are simplified. Utilising the Visor scan feature could be a work around similar to what exists in Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order.
> >
> > link to video in mention: “Halo 6 NEEDS a Codex”
>
> Infinite’s menu in the gameplay reveal last summer showed an Intel menu - pretty sure that’s where this functionality will sit
>
> Don’t think you’ll find many against the idea though and we already had a system a little like it through Locke’s visor in Halo 5

I’d honestly forgotten about that tbf, I hope that’s the case

I hope there are things that expand the lore. Like you find stories or audio tapes that talks about the war prior or how the Banished Operate. Or maybe mundane things like why certain individuals joined the Banished. Just lore and personal stories to make us feel like this is a living and breathing word. And also, make them like Lore books in Destiny, where you can save them and view em in the menu.