Regular Helioskrill through REQs

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Farbror%20Action/screenshot/3924352

I thought that only the new variants of Helioskrill would be unlockable through REQ packs. Just to keep the base one unique in the sense it would only be awarded people who endured MCC’s legendary difficulty setting. Now we have proof that since this update anyone can unlock ALL variants of it via REQs. This is not a complaint, just a statement. I am completely indifferent towards this since I don’t own MCC.

Well 343 stated before H5 was released that all exclusive unlock items (Helioskrill, Nightfall, ect) will available to unlock through REQ packs in the future. So it comes not of a shock to me & all the others who remember this.

Ah, I haven’t followed any hype or news on Halo 5 before it’s release.

To be honest I actually didn’t remember it until some stated that fact which made me remember reading about it in an article, watched in a video, & talked about with friends. Now would post the link to either the video or the article stating it but this was revelead just before the Beta for Halo 5 in late December of 2014.

> 2533274828927456;1:
> http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Farbror%20Action/screenshot/3924352
>
> I thought that only the new variants of Helioskrill would be unlockable through REQ packs. Just to keep the base one unique in the sense it would only be awarded people who endured MCC’s legendary difficulty setting. Now we have proof that since this update anyone can unlock ALL variants of it via REQs. This is not a complaint, just a statement. I am completely indifferent towards this since I don’t own MCC.

Well that’s just bad, straight up bad, they could’ve just kept it exclusive with the legendary difficulty. But nope, now everyone can unlock it and makes the achievement feel less rewarding.

> 2533274874987550;5:
> > 2533274828927456;1:
> > http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Farbror%20Action/screenshot/3924352
> >
> > I thought that only the new variants of Helioskrill would be unlockable through REQ packs. Just to keep the base one unique in the sense it would only be awarded people who endured MCC’s legendary difficulty setting. Now we have proof that since this update anyone can unlock ALL variants of it via REQs. This is not a complaint, just a statement. I am completely indifferent towards this since I don’t own MCC.
>
>
> Well that’s just bad, straight up bad, they could’ve just kept it exclusive with the legendary difficulty. But nope, now everyone can unlock it and makes the achievement feel less rewarding.

The exclusive unlock was only temporary which was stated by 343 before H5 was released.

> 2533274849492259;2:
> Well 343 stated before H5 was released that all exclusive unlock items (Helioskrill, Nightfall, ect) will available to unlock through REQ packs in the future. So it comes not of a shock to me & all the others who remember this.

i remember.

So I played through that piece of garbage MC Collection for no reason, when I could have just played H5…

Wow

> 2533274799693806;8:
> So I played through that piece of garbage MC Collection for no reason, when I could have just played H5…
>
> Wow

Those games are all much better, it’s not like you wasted your time.

> 2533274799693806;8:
> So I played through that piece of garbage MC Collection for no reason, when I could have just played H5…
>
> Wow

This has been known since before the launch of Halo 5. The chances of actually getting it via the REQ system are very rare though

> 2533274813317074;10:
> > 2533274799693806;8:
> > So I played through that piece of garbage MC Collection for no reason, when I could have just played H5…
> >
> > Wow
>
>
> This has been known since before the launch of Halo 5. The chances of actually getting it via the REQ system are very rare though

Not unless you’ve clearly almost the entire REQ collection before then.

> 2533274813317074;10:
> > 2533274799693806;8:
> > So I played through that piece of garbage MC Collection for no reason, when I could have just played H5…
> >
> > Wow
>
>
> This has been known since before the launch of Halo 5. The chances of actually getting it via the REQ system are very rare though

Except lots of people that had all reqs never got it through reqs, does gold not guarantee an unlock or does it just increase the chance; is this therefore the same as the 343i skins? (Do you not have to be a 343 employee?)

> 2533274939018653;11:
> > 2533274813317074;10:
> > > 2533274799693806;8:
> > > So I played through that piece of garbage MC Collection for no reason, when I could have just played H5…
> > >
> > > Wow
> >
> >
> > This has been known since before the launch of Halo 5. The chances of actually getting it via the REQ system are very rare though
>
>
> Not unless you’ve clearly almost the entire REQ collection before then.

Yup got mine in the second pack I opened after the update…

> 2533274874987550;5:
> > 2533274828927456;1:
> > http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Farbror%20Action/screenshot/3924352
> >
> > I thought that only the new variants of Helioskrill would be unlockable through REQ packs. Just to keep the base one unique in the sense it would only be awarded people who endured MCC’s legendary difficulty setting. Now we have proof that since this update anyone can unlock ALL variants of it via REQs. This is not a complaint, just a statement. I am completely indifferent towards this since I don’t own MCC.
>
>
> Well that’s just bad, straight up bad, they could’ve just kept it exclusive with the legendary difficulty. But nope, now everyone can unlock it and makes the achievement feel less rewarding.

I agree. I liked the idea of having an armor that I personally had to unlock, not just RNG to get (besides Achilles). When they said they’d make all exclusives available through reqs, I thought they were just talking about pre-order exclusives. When I watched the video of someone get Helioskrill from reqs, I felt all that that time and effort (fun though it was) get cheapened. I would have been fine if just the Helioskrill variants were reg-able, but for the original to be req-able is kinda disappointing.
Again, Halo:MCC was fun (and extremely challenging at times(H2 legendary, I’m looking at you)) to play through, but now the armor I feel like I earned is now available to people who never even touched any of the other games. It’s frustrating.

I say all that, but in the end, I know it’s just a cosmetic, and what really matters is that it’s a game, and I should have fun. Rant over.

> 2533274803973195;14:
> > 2533274874987550;5:
> > > 2533274828927456;1:
> > > http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Farbror%20Action/screenshot/3924352
> > >
> > > I thought that only the new variants of Helioskrill would be unlockable through REQ packs. Just to keep the base one unique in the sense it would only be awarded people who endured MCC’s legendary difficulty setting. Now we have proof that since this update anyone can unlock ALL variants of it via REQs. This is not a complaint, just a statement. I am completely indifferent towards this since I don’t own MCC.
> >
> >
> > Well that’s just bad, straight up bad, they could’ve just kept it exclusive with the legendary difficulty. But nope, now everyone can unlock it and makes the achievement feel less rewarding.
>
>
> I agree. I liked the idea of having an armor that I personally had to unlock, not just RNG to get (besides Achilles). When they said they’d make all exclusives available through reqs, I thought they were just talking about pre-order exclusives. When I watched the video of someone get Helioskrill from reqs, I felt all that that time and effort (fun though it was) get cheapened. I would have been fine if just the Helioskrill variants were reg-able, but for the original to be req-able is kinda disappointing.
> Again, Halo:MCC was fun (and extremely challenging at times(H2 legendary, I’m looking at you)) to play through, but now the armor I feel like I earned is now available to people who never even touched any of the other games. It’s frustrating.
> I say all that, but in the end, I know it’s just a cosmetic, and what really matters is that it’s a game, and I should have fun. Rant over.

I completely agree halo 2 was absolutely painful but was a fun challenge. The only thing that’s annoying is that they didn’t say that helioskrill was avalible in this update and we had to wait for people to get it. We better be allowed to get the 343 skins now that they’re in the collection :wink:

> 2533274839781930;15:
> > 2533274803973195;14:
> > > 2533274874987550;5:
> > > > 2533274828927456;1:
> > > > http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Farbror%20Action/screenshot/3924352
> > > >
> > > > I thought that only the new variants of Helioskrill would be unlockable through REQ packs. Just to keep the base one unique in the sense it would only be awarded people who endured MCC’s legendary difficulty setting. Now we have proof that since this update anyone can unlock ALL variants of it via REQs. This is not a complaint, just a statement. I am completely indifferent towards this since I don’t own MCC.
> > >
> > >
> > > Well that’s just bad, straight up bad, they could’ve just kept it exclusive with the legendary difficulty. But nope, now everyone can unlock it and makes the achievement feel less rewarding.
> >
> >
> > I agree. I liked the idea of having an armor that I personally had to unlock, not just RNG to get (besides Achilles). When they said they’d make all exclusives available through reqs, I thought they were just talking about pre-order exclusives. When I watched the video of someone get Helioskrill from reqs, I felt all that that time and effort (fun though it was) get cheapened. I would have been fine if just the Helioskrill variants were reg-able, but for the original to be req-able is kinda disappointing.
> > Again, Halo:MCC was fun (and extremely challenging at times(H2 legendary, I’m looking at you)) to play through, but now the armor I feel like I earned is now available to people who never even touched any of the other games. It’s frustrating.
> > I say all that, but in the end, I know it’s just a cosmetic, and what really matters is that it’s a game, and I should have fun. Rant over.
>
>
> I completely agree halo 2 was absolutely painful but was a fun challenge. The only thing that’s annoying is that they didn’t say that helioskrill was avalible in this update and we had to wait for people to get it. We better be allowed to get the 343 skins now that they’re in the collection :wink:

You are right, I don’t think it was wrong for them to add it the REQ pool, but they should have said something about it. I wonder if we will ever get the 343 skins

Made a post about this yesterday. Here’s a vid of the helmet being unlocked at 2:57
Link

Oh come on, 343… you couldn’t keep it exclusive for a little longer?

I personally do not like how they decided to make this amor available to everyone through reqs because if someone sees it on you they would know you did all the campaigns on legendary but that’s not the case now

> 2533274892205109;19:
> I personally do not like how they decided to make this amor available to everyone through reqs because if someone sees it on you they would know you did all the campaigns on legendary but that’s not the case now

You could say the same thing for Recon in Halo 3.