Regional filter / OPTIONAL

So my question to you the HALO 4 FORUMS

Is if HALO 4 had a REGIONAL FILTER as an Option would you use it

This might help cut back on laggy games for EVERYONE
Again this would be optional so you wouldn’t have to used it .

More matchmaking options might be good, if they slow down the search then it’s okay because it’s a choice.

I’m sure they’ll leave the Reach “Good Connection” filter pretty much as is. It’s a solid implementation of “optional regional filter”.

I toggle it on and off based on the playlist and party size at the time e.g. objective leave it off to actually find a game where slayer turn it on to match with other Aussies.

So, Yes I would use it a lot and it’s a requirement for me to keep playing Halo. I’ve had enough of the short end of the stick regarding host and game performance thanks.

It depends how how strict the filter is.

If it’s country based, sure, I’d love to never match foreigners again.

If it’s more of a west coast-east coast filter, no. Then people could search around me.

>

I use the GOOD CONNECTION option and It works at best half the time

I also don’t think they are the same thing – but I could be wrong

I would definitely use it, I keep finding Asians, Americans, Australians, etc… who are all on the other side of the planet and they always seem to get the damn host. So I would be happy if I can choose just to play with people in Europe or only my country.

> I would definitely use it, I keep finding Asians, Americans, Australians, etc… who are all on the other side of the planet and they always seem to get the damn host. So I would be happy if I can choose just to play with people in Europe or only my country.

Yeah
Adding this would be ideal as people from USA don’t really want to play people from AUS and im sure they don’t want to play people from the USA

Its really a WIN WIN for everyone

> I use the GOOD CONNECTION option and It works at best half the time.
> I also don’t think they are the same thing – but I could be wrong

Good connection uses a latency threshold e.g. how long a response time is from player to player during the matchmaking process.

The longer you wait without a game the higher that value goes until you find a game. Essentially if it’s not working it’s because no one close to you is in that playlist searching for a game as well.

Having a healthy population along with searching at “the right times” for your region help the Good Connection filter do it’s job in place of a Regional filter. They are very similar without the regional border issues etc.

I’d prefer to see a regional selection based off IP address geolocation and a toggle to keep it strict or widen the search as matchmaking times increase.

Even setting a latency value or range would be helpful.

I think it’s a good idea as long as its optional.

> > I use the GOOD CONNECTION option and It works at best half the time.
> > I also don’t think they are the same thing – but I could be wrong
>
> Good connection uses a latency threshold e.g. how long a response time is from player to player during the matchmaking process.
>
> The longer you wait without a game the higher that value goes until you find a game. Essentially if it’s not working it’s because no one close to you is in that playlist searching for a game as well.
>
> Having a healthy population along with searching at “the right times” for your region help the Good Connection filter do it’s job in place of a Regional filter. They are very similar without the regional border issues etc.
>
> I’d prefer to see a regional selection based off IP address geolocation and a toggle to keep it strict or widen the search as matchmaking times increase.
>
> Even setting a latency value or range would be helpful.

So this + prefer good connection would = No laggy games well that sounds good
I keep seen different games trying different things like this

MWF - ping settings
BF3 - Regional filter
Halo 4 - ???

Yes put this option in im sick of trying (prefer connection) and getting some foreign host that does not get a game in full green bar what’s the point of this option if this is what I get.

Even CoD Black Ops had the option of prefer locale, why can’t Halo have options such as this? This is only adding a way for people to have enjoyable games and not dealing with cross country and cross Atlantic games every time.

But if that happens, a lot of people would pick it and the rest of the community may not find a lot of players…

> But if that happens, a lot of people would pick it and the rest of the community may not find a lot of players…

I would pick it most of the time but not always it would depend on the playlist

and if more people used it then more people would find better games overall – sure for some it might make longer search times but the other options do the same thing its really just a matter of preference really .

Yes a Billion Times over!

Aussies need this more then anyone else, to where we can have a region filter thats matches aussies with other aussies. And I can tell you now that thousands play 24/7. Im sure we wont mind waiting afew more minutes searching for a game that puts us with aussies.

It would be good for everyone else too cause when you get matches that have Canada, Mexico,US and Aussie players all in a match, which I get like every game, It would be way way less lag. Because Australian internet is a funny joke. Most are still on ADSL 2+.

Yeah, the reason Australians get a bad connection is because they get a ping spike every time a Kangaroo jumps… After all, they don’t call a ping trace steps “hops” for nothing.

But seriously, my answer is yes times one billion and 117 times.