Region lock needed for ranked playlists

Re-instating region-lock for certain playlists which can support healthy populations in their local regions has got to be a priority. The recent changes have really ruined the quality of the matchmaking experience for regional players, and all the US teams who have to suffer with a foreign teammate suffering from 200ms ping to the server.

being able to search for a good connection on rank playlist is accential . For Australians without nbn The lag vs USA and EU is a joke . Ranked playlists need a region lock option imo

Well supposedly the next update will have something like this… But we will see. I pretty much have stopped playing any ranked playlist until this problem is addressed.

As an Australian w/ NBN I will say that it still sucks.
Matchmaking preferences will help but I agree that ranked playlists need to be locked.

Here’s a tip:
More permanent social playlists without region lock for the spartans who wanted region lock removed.

> 2535429596971161;4:
> As an Australian w/ NBN I will say that it still sucks.
> Matchmaking preferences will help but I agree that ranked playlists need to be locked.
>
> Here’s a tip:
> More permanent social playlists without region lock for the spartans who wanted region lock removed.

Yeah that’s another possible solution, some people care more about finding games fast than the quality of the games, and that’s fine.

Matchmaking preferences are the best option, and they’re coming.

In the meantime many competitive Aussie players are going to be giving Halo a break, so I hope we’re not waiting too long.