Regicide=Juggernaut

Is it just me or does Regicide seem like Juggernaut with a twist?

Here’s some gameplay I found

Regicide Gameplay

No offense but i probably wont touch it, after I try it of course.

Wait… is there juggernaut in Halo 4?

> Wait… is there juggernaut in Halo 4?

I don’t believe so, but we’ll see. It would seem redundant if it is in there though

Nope, it’s Slayer.

Made the exact same gametype using Slayer… 5 years ago… in Halo 3… And the King was mostly ignored. If you killed the King, cool, but overall you were just killing everyone.

> No offense but i probably wont touch it, after I try it of course.

Yeah I’m gonna try and see how I like it though, but i wasn’t ever a huge fan of juggernaut either so we’ll see.

> Nope, it’s Slayer.
>
> Made the exact same gametype using Slayer… 5 years ago… in Halo 3… And the King was mostly ignored. If you killed the King, cool, but overall you were just killing everyone.

Pretty different to slayer, here are some differences:

1. You get 10 points for a normal kill, and up to 35 (max) points for a king kill.
  2. The king gets automatic overshield and damage boost for staying king for a certain amount of time.

Differences to Juggernaut:

1. Once king, you do not get super overshield straight away, you get normal overshield after a set amount of time
  2. king doesn’t have a speed boost
  3. You don’t need to kill the king to become the king, you just need to be coming first
  4. Players who aren’t the king are not friendly

Regicide seems exactly like Juggernaut, but i’m pretty sure the King doesn’t get overshield, and u get points for killing evbeybody just more for killing the king.

I never like Juggernaut so I doubt I will like Regicide, also I haven’t noticed a FFA playlist it seems like all we get is Regicide. What a brilliant move!

> > Nope, it’s Slayer.
> >
> > Made the exact same gametype using Slayer… 5 years ago… in Halo 3… And the King was mostly ignored. If you killed the King, cool, but overall you were just killing everyone.
>
> Pretty different to slayer, here are some differences:
> 1. You get 10 points for a normal kill, and up to 35 (max) points for a king kill.
> 2. The king gets automatic overshield and damage boost for staying king for a certain amount of time.
>
> Differences to Juggernaut:
> 1. Once king, you do not get super overshield straight away, you get normal overshield after a set amount of time
> 2. king doesn’t have a speed boost
> 3. You don’t need to kill the king to become the king, you just need to be coming first
> 4. Players who aren’t the king are not friendly

Thanks for the clarification; I didn’t know of either of the differences to juggernaut. Although it seems very much to juggernaut still with quite a bit of difference as you have stated.

> Thanks for the clarification; I didn’t know of either of the differences to juggernaut. Although it seems very much to juggernaut still with quite a bit of difference as you have stated.

No problem, sorry if i came off a bit rude, I actually agree that its similar to juggernaut, I just wanted to share my experience at the events with you :smiley:

Regicide seems NOTHING like Juggernaut.

…like…at all. The only similarity I see is that you get a waypoint over your head. Don’t say “oh, but overshields”. Nay, man. You earn that after an allotted time

> > Nope, it’s Slayer.
> >
> > Made the exact same gametype using Slayer… 5 years ago… in Halo 3… And the King was mostly ignored. If you killed the King, cool, but overall you were just killing everyone.
>
> Pretty different to slayer, here are some differences:
> 1. You get 10 points for a normal kill, and up to 35 (max) points for a king kill.
> <mark>2. The king gets automatic overshield and damage boost for staying king for a certain amount of time.</mark>
>
> Differences to Juggernaut:
> 1. Once king, you do not get super overshield straight away, you get normal overshield after a set amount of time
> 2. king doesn’t have a speed boost
> 3. You don’t need to kill the king to become the king, you just need to be coming first
> 4. Players who aren’t the king are not friendly

Didn’t know about the highlighted.

In the Slayer gametype I made, it was:

1. Leader in Points was King
  2. 5 points for killing a player
  3. 10 points for killing the “King”
  4. King has marker over him
  5. King is like every other player

While killing the King gave you 5 extra points, it didn’t really matter when killing 2 guys gave you the same thing.

However, the King was like every other player, the whole time. But now what you’ve said about the King getting both OS and DB after surviving for a while, this makes it more worthy to become King because you’ll become more powerful which will allow you to get more kills easily.

My Slayer gametype was unrewarding to those that killed/became King. While Regicide appears to reward not killing the King (in a way), but becoming that King. This does sound much better.

> > Thanks for the clarification; I didn’t know of either of the differences to juggernaut. Although it seems very much to juggernaut still with quite a bit of difference as you have stated.
>
> No problem, sorry if i came off a bit rude, I actually agree that its similar to juggernaut, I just wanted to share my experience at the events with you :smiley:

Not at all, I personally haven’t played at all. I’ve seen quite a bit of gameplay, but none of Regicide, I’ve just heard about it so far. So I appreciate the info.