Regicide is woeful

Good players are getting penalized for being good.
Where’s the logic in this?
I want Lone Wolves back.

I enjoy it, sure you come second sometimes when you’re bounty is at max level and someone gets you and wins with >20 kills while you’re at 25+. In my opinion the bounty adds a little extra spice to the game.

I have fun in regicide! The fact that every person on the map comes at me when I’m king can make for some awesome kill montages :slight_smile: Don’t think of it as a penalty… think of it as an opportunity to look like a total BA.

Regicide is like the only playlist where I can get Plasma pistol/ pulse grenade kills.

That would imply The King was subject to some form of punishment. The bounty isn’t a punishment.

> That would imply The King was subject to some form of punishment. The bounty isn’t a punishment.

The fact that every other player knows exactly where you are and that killing the king is the priority is a punishment though.

> > That would imply The King was subject to some form of punishment. The bounty isn’t a punishment.
>
> The fact that every other player knows exactly where you are and that <mark>killing the king is a priority is a punishment though.</mark>

Hence the name “Regicide”. The King offers the most points, but it is also risky to go after them since they can get an Overshield once the bonus gets big enough, at least that is how I understand it. Other players also garner points and other players can dethrone The King this way.

The point of the gametype=/=Punishment

We’ll get Lone Wolves back soon enough. Regicide feels like a custom games gametype, not a matchmaking one. (It is fun, though.)

> > > That would imply The King was subject to some form of punishment. The bounty isn’t a punishment.
> >
> > The fact that every other player knows exactly where you are and that <mark>killing the king is a priority is a punishment though.</mark>
>
> Hence the name “Regicide”. The King offers the most points, but it is also risky to go after them since they can get an Overshield once the bonus gets big enough, at least that is how I understand it. Other players also garner points and other players can dethrone The King this way.
>
> The point of the gametype=/=Punishment

Oh boy,an overshield,we sure are screwed.
The whole concept is awful,and it’s clearly made so that even the unskilled players are able to reach the first spots(and yes,it’s a negative thing).I wouldn’t even care that much - but this playlist supposedly replaces Lone Wolves.

Regicide is the most god awful gametype in this game. Hurp Derp release a halo game without a lone wolves/ rumble pit?

343 had their thumbs up their -Yoinks!- on this one.

I myself like Regicide but I really do hope they add LoneWolves…

I don’t like it, so I just play it like a normal ffa. I don’t go out of my way to kill the king unless he’s near me. I don’t win as many games, but it’s more fun this way. I even had one guy yell at me because I was killing him instead of the king, lol. I’m sorry, but I don’t find it fun when 5 people are trying to shoot me at the same time especially when I don’t even have an overshield yet.

> Oh boy,an overshield,we sure are screwed.

No need to be upset I found something that helps The King out.

> The whole concept is awful,and it’s clearly made so that even the unskilled players are able to reach the first spots(and yes,it’s a negative thing).

Not in my experience. I’ve been able to keep The King spot for a long time and easily getting it back if I lose it. And even then, like I said, there are other players to kill. The skilled player has a much better chance of winning compared to an unskilled player who got lucky.

> I wouldn’t even care that much - but this playlist supposedly replaces Lone Wolves.

I’d be down with Lone Wolves coming back, but I don’t mind Regicide as a worthy substitute for the time being.

> I don’t like it, so I just play it like a normal ffa. I don’t go out of my way to kill the king unless he’s near me. I don’t win as many games, but it’s more fun this way. I even had one guy yell at me because I was killing him instead of the king, lol. I’m sorry, but I don’t find it fun when 5 people are trying to shoot me at the same time especially when I don’t even have an overshield yet.

Great minds think alike. Lmao!!!

For the most part Regicide is actually quite a confusing gametype on the whole as the bounty doesn’t seem to reset if you loose the crown but rather maintains it’s previous level.

Add to that the Overshield, imo is a little over the top.
I mean I’ve had a number of games where I’ve barely survived an attack from 2-3 players only to get the overshield and simply own everyone who comes near me; basically makes a decent player a damn near god for a minute, which then becomes easy to simply earn another one almost as soon as it runs out.

It isn’t a bad gametype, just think the Overshield should be remove.

This said I do agree, a normal Lone Wolves gametype would be nice; mind so would actually adding the large number of maps to the playlists. Seems silly there are only 4 Maps per playlist with that being dictated by the player count; so it feels like there are only 8 maps in total, when there is actually 11 maps.

Some of which I’ve tried with friends on forge and they’re pretty awesome, such-as the Asteroid Forge Map (forget the name, Void or something)

I actually enjoy Regicide a lot :slight_smile: Sure we do need a FFA playlist where we can vote to play more modes than Regicide and I haven’t played it a lot(Since I usually don’t enjoy FFA) but for the moment it seems to be the only fun for all chill game type that’s in online playlists.

And seriously if you are so bad as people say the ones winning are then you won’t win. You seem to forget that even the “bad” players get the same disadvantage as you if they take the lead so I’d say it’s a very fair game type since you have an arrow over your head but can also get an over shield if you’re <mark>good enough</mark> to survive until you get it :slight_smile:

PS: Please 343i bring more stupidly fun game types back with an action sack playlist! :smiley: