Regicide is misunderstood

I’m not a huge fan of it myself, but it seems to me that a lot of people are missing the point of it. I’ve seen so many posts saying things like “I lost even though I was the best player in the game, I was leading for 90% of the game”. If you’re aiming to be in first place for the entire game and expecting it to pay off with a win then you are playing it wrong. Just saying.

Personally I’m not keen on FFA gametypes in general, but I feel Regicide is getting an irrationally bad reputation because so many people can’t seem to figure out how to win at it. This gametype actually takes a fair bit of skill to win and that doesn’t involve trying to become king for as long as possible, you let other people fall into that trap then try and steal as many bounties as possible as close to the end of the match as you can.

I’m not even a fan of FFA but I like Regicide. It’s very well done and you’re right, I think people are mis-understanding the point of it.

The point is so that the guy who dominates the game can completely dominate. If you only would marginally win, you lose.

I think most people complaining are the one that think Regicide is traditional FFA when it’s clearly not the case. They could complain about the lack of traditional FFA but they should stop destroying Regicide because it doesn’t play like they want it to­.

People need to realize that when you are the king you are the target.

I play the game aiming for second place then go and try kill the king when he is 5 or 6 kills away from winning. That way I still have enough points to maybe win the game but I am not being targeted. When the king has 5 or 6 kills left you kill him get the bounty, take the lead and you will only be 2-3 kill away from a win.

Regicide = FFA Deluxe

I wasn’t sure I would like Regicide. That being said; I was not in my right mind for doubting Regicide. Like previously stated, people don’t understand how to play it yet. I see most people gunning just for the king. I mop these people up on the way to the target. Remember, rules are first one to 300 points. 35 point regicides make me all tingly; especially if you just killed the guy the king was fighting. Double kill…

I am going to make one of my loadouts just for Regicide.

When I first went onto Regicide, I assumed the king was the target. Because people were killing me while I was trying to kill the king, I thought I was playing it wrong.

i think its fun. it just pissed me off when i was wining 99% of the time then i lose in the last sec. when it showed the time each had as king the winner had 0:00 but somehow won in the last sec

I played it earlier, was king for most of the game and dominated. I almost got robbed near the end. Still don’t understand the game itself though, I just killed everyone I saw :slight_smile:

Exactly. When i’m the King I try not to kill, but let the others kill each other so that the bounty moves off of me and on to someone else. Then I return to hunting the King. If I do stay the King, I try to stay as long as possible to get the DB.

Bump because so many people still seem to think you’re supposed to try and get the most kills to win

The fact that it’s the only FFA playlist automatically makes it -Yoink-.Also,limiting yourself by trying to not to be best is limited.The whole concept is limited.

I give up

Regicide is about smart play and knowing when to kill. You can make sure you’re tight to the leader, but not the king. When you’ve almost reached the goal.Thy to kill the king, and you’ll win. Play Hard, Play fair and play smart.

Also, it counts as a win when you are top 33% of all players, so 2nd is okay.

I love that mode, I had people insult and yell over the mic, some think this game is supposed to be like Juggernaut, where everybody works together to kill the king, and start getting mad, when you kill them instead

FFA is always awesome, but it’s even better when the game constantly tells you, that you’re the best player

> Regicide is about smart play and knowing when to kill. You can make sure you’re tight to the leader, but not the king. When you’ve almost reached the goal.Thy to kill the king, and you’ll win. Play Hard, Play fair and play smart.
>
> Also, it counts as a win when you are top 33% of all players, so 2nd is okay.

thank you.

I think it helps being king to be honest, I’m winning and have all these ppl running at me then they start to fight so I just pop in n kill them both. It has provided me with my best moment in halo yet!!!

I started a game joining with the leader on 110 points but managed to win with a triple kill on 2 ppl trying to kill the king and killing the king in the last second to win with 0.00 time as king!!! Made even more happy cos I got a rage message lol

> I think it helps being king to be honest, I’m winning and have all these ppl running at me then they start to fight so I just pop in n kill them both. It has provided me with my best moment in halo yet!!!
>
> I started a game joining with the leader on 110 points but managed to win with a triple kill on 2 ppl trying to kill the king and killing the king in the last second to win with 0.00 time as king!!! Made even more happy cos I got a rage message lol

LOL, yeah thats also one possibility!Chuck a few grenades, and win. But most people are complaining that someone can win who is30 kills behind you, just by kiling you once. Thats annoying indeed, but thats the game. The guy who eventually won the match, was playing smart. Thats good. Not just people running around killing others, but people who think before they play.