Regicide Exploitation.

Two players, “[REDACTED]” and “[REDACTED]” entered a regicide match in a private party. They continued to play as a team to dominate the match and take all fun out of it. I tried to communicate with other players to try to call a “truce” just to not let those two win.

I believe there used to be a function where players could not be in a party to do any kind of FFA matchmaking. Could this please be reinstated? Any way to get this flagged?

Anything to help prevent jerks like this ruining my gameplay experience would be fantastic.

Cyber punch them in the face

The freedom to create factions within a FFA is part of the game. I’ve never done this, I’m a lone wolf, but it adds an interesting dynamic to the game. It gives it vitality and keeps it dynamic.

When that happens, I suggest pairing up with someone else and even out the match.

Lol helpful… I sent them a message chastising them for ruining other’s fun. They called me an idiot, told me to grow up, and then claimed they weren’t boosting.

Can I nab them for boosting?

Factioning? It clearly says FFA in the game description.

Killing each other over and over uncontested is boosting, teaming up is not. Jerk move? Sure. Allowed? Yes.

I agree with you, it’s a free for all, and if you look up my Halo 3 record you will see that Lone Wolves took up the majority of my time - I prefer to work alone. With that said, I take the word free-for-all as a sandbox.

Everyone is free to make their own decisions, on an individual basis, and, as such, they are free to create teams. In the end, after all, only one participant can receive first place.

They ruined your game experience by working together? Sucks… you do have the option to back out and start a new game, or finish and then avoid those players.

That’ll always be a problem with FFA playlists. The only way to stop it is to not allow people to join the list when already partied up.

Understandable. But my point is I remember there being a function that discouraged this kind of behavior in FFA/Lone Wolfs in the past. People were unable to enter lone wolfs in a party.

> Understandable. But my point is I remember there being a function that discouraged this kind of behavior in FFA/Lone Wolfs in the past. People were unable to enter lone wolfs in a party.

Yeah but that kinda ruins it for people like me… i never play FFA unless my buddies want to do it. We don’t team up in FFA because we want to see who is better. I am not a custom-game player, so to me that would be unfair…

We came across a couple people doing that last night. There were 3 of us in party chat but we killed each other like normal. I honestly didn’t really care that they were teaming up though. Big deal. Played a couple game with them then backed out and got into a new lobby. Meh, it’s a non issue.

> > Understandable. But my point is I remember there being a function that discouraged this kind of behavior in FFA/Lone Wolfs in the past. People were unable to enter lone wolfs in a party.
>
> Yeah but that kinda ruins it for people like me… i never play FFA unless my buddies want to do it. We don’t team up in FFA because we want to see who is better. I am not a custom-game player, so to me that would be unfair…

I completely understand where you’re coming from. It’s fun to play your friends. But that’s why I titled this as an “exploit.” They’re exploiting the rules to have an unfair advantage on the typical FFA player. And that is wrong.

> > > Understandable. But my point is I remember there being a function that discouraged this kind of behavior in FFA/Lone Wolfs in the past. People were unable to enter lone wolfs in a party.
> >
> > Yeah but that kinda ruins it for people like me… i never play FFA unless my buddies want to do it. We don’t team up in FFA because we want to see who is better. I am not a custom-game player, so to me that would be unfair…
>
> I completely understand where you’re coming from. It’s fun to play your friends. But that’s why I titled this as an “exploit.” They’re exploiting the rules to have an unfair advantage on the typical FFA player. And that is wrong.

Well, nothing you can really do but give them negative rep and avoid them if you don’t like what they do. I’ve played flood matches where a single flood will hang out with the survivors and let them know where the other flood were. Can’t really stop people from doing stupid things, but you can avoid them.

It’s not boosting any more than camping with camo is. Grow up, adapt or die

> > > > Understandable. But my point is I remember there being a function that discouraged this kind of behavior in FFA/Lone Wolfs in the past. People were unable to enter lone wolfs in a party.
> > >
> > > Yeah but that kinda ruins it for people like me… i never play FFA unless my buddies want to do it. We don’t team up in FFA because we want to see who is better. I am not a custom-game player, so to me that would be unfair…
> >
> > I completely understand where you’re coming from. It’s fun to play your friends. But that’s why I titled this as an “exploit.” They’re exploiting the rules to have an unfair advantage on the typical FFA player. And that is wrong.
>
> Well, nothing you can really do but give them negative rep and avoid them if you don’t like what they do. I’ve played flood matches where a single flood will hang out with the survivors and let them know where the other flood were. Can’t really stop people from doing stupid things, but you can avoid them.

Well actually you can… If you prohibit players from joining as a team. If random people decide to join up on the fly that’s something that you have little control over. People joining up as a team is something that you can prevent. There used to be a gamestyle that was 2v2v2v2. Did that make the jump to Halo4?

I say good on them for thinking outside the box. They used a risky strategy, and it paid off.

Is it boosting? Only if they killed eachother over and over again. (so no)

Is it smart? They thought outside the box, so yes.

Is it a jerk move? Also yes. But hey, they used a strategy and one the game, so kudos to them.

Yeah I noticed this a lot, but it made for some easy double kills. I still won :p. But 343 seriously needs to patch this to make no parties allowed in regicide matches or something… People have been boosting in Regicide matches with parties of 6. I hate cheaters.

Yes its an exploit, there should never be a party in a FFA.

Imagine if it was more than 2 people, imagine if it was an entire party + 1 person in a lobby. Then that person would just farmed, like the party members used regeneration field and did call outs with promethean vision.