Regarding the Community...

Disclaimer! This is my opinion, respect mine and I’ll respect yours. This community is fractured, broken and It really saddens me. I see people engaging in thought provocing debates (or trying to) to only be torn to pieces and insulted because they didn’t agree with their point of view, Im biased tawards “Halo 5 is lacking and needs improving drastically to remain relevant” and even if I make good points I get branded a hater or entitled ( I despise those words) The same thing happens to people who think Halo 5 is great, I don’t agree with them but If their post is non toxic then do they really deserve to be called a fanboy? My point is, In order for the developers to take us seriously we MUST stop all this name calling, can we all just please engage in thoughtful debates and retire these words (Entitled, fanboy etc). Yes this thread will probably not help and yes I am guilty of toxicity in the past but I have turned over a new leaf and I urge everybody else to try and do the same, Thanks for reading.

Curious to hear your thoughts and opinions.

This is the spirit. +1

I agree with you OP. Unfortunately, due to the anonymity of the internet the unprovoked, unnecessary, over-the-top bickering will never cease.

I think the developers should be more active on these forums tbh

I always get this kinda sick feeling in my stomach when I read “Halo 5’s great, stop hating” or “Thank you 343i for these updates” with people KNOWING that we’re not getting new maps or gametypes, rather simple cosmetic gear.

I would love for this to be a reality, but unfortunately the new generation that came in with 343’s games is comprised of a lot of kids and teenagers. Its not gonna happen.

People in the Halo community (or any community) seem to be inclined to believe in the following:

• More social versions of ranked modes i.e. slayer, strongholds, CTF - So we can destroy noobs all day because ranked doesn’t offer me the easy way out - De-scoping is balanced - because we want to be the winners when we shoot first. We can’t take how people respond with a skillful comeback - We want a radar buff - So I can radar--Yoink!- the whole game and have my hand held during the matchIt’s pretty sad, if you ask me.

> 2533274884025288;6:
> I would love for this to be a reality, but unfortunately the new generation that came in with 343’s games is comprised of a lot of kids and teenagers. Its not gonna happen.

Generalization as a whole is the problem. Someone who likes 343 and their take on Halo sees someone who’s so ridiculously toxic and salty, they start to think that the forums are black and white and either you love something or hate it. The reverse is also true: someone who dislikes 343/Halo 5 may see one person who disagrees with them once and immediately think “They’re just a fanboy!” because it’s easier to jump to a conclusion than to put thought into it and try to understand the other person’s view.

> 2533274978553590;8:
> > 2533274884025288;6:
> > I would love for this to be a reality, but unfortunately the new generation that came in with 343’s games is comprised of a lot of kids and teenagers. Its not gonna happen.
>
>
> Generalization as a whole is the problem. Someone who likes 343 and their take on Halo sees someone who’s so ridiculously toxic and salty, they start to think that the forums are black and white and either you love something or hate it. The reverse is also true: someone who dislikes 343/Halo 5 may see one person who disagrees with them once and immediately think “They’re just a fanboy!” because it’s easier to jump to a conclusion than to put thought into it and try to understand the other person’s view.

I dont think ive generalized anyone. Im not saying anyone who likes 343 is a kid. Im saying a lot of the people that came into this franchise with Halo are kids and teenagers. Would you deny that?

> 2533274884025288;9:
> > 2533274978553590;8:
> > > 2533274884025288;6:
> > > I would love for this to be a reality, but unfortunately the new generation that came in with 343’s games is comprised of a lot of kids and teenagers. Its not gonna happen.
> >
> >
> > Generalization as a whole is the problem. Someone who likes 343 and their take on Halo sees someone who’s so ridiculously toxic and salty, they start to think that the forums are black and white and either you love something or hate it. The reverse is also true: someone who dislikes 343/Halo 5 may see one person who disagrees with them once and immediately think “They’re just a fanboy!” because it’s easier to jump to a conclusion than to put thought into it and try to understand the other person’s view.
>
>
> I dont think ive generalized anyone. Im not saying anyone who likes 343 is a kid. Im saying a lot of the people that came into this franchise with Halo are kids and teenagers. Would you deny that?

I’m not accusing you of anything, that’s just what I think the problem is here on Waypoint.

> 2533274978553590;10:
> > 2533274884025288;9:
> > > 2533274978553590;8:
> > > > 2533274884025288;6:
> > > > I would love for this to be a reality, but unfortunately the new generation that came in with 343’s games is comprised of a lot of kids and teenagers. Its not gonna happen.
> > >
> > >
> > > Generalization as a whole is the problem. Someone who likes 343 and their take on Halo sees someone who’s so ridiculously toxic and salty, they start to think that the forums are black and white and either you love something or hate it. The reverse is also true: someone who dislikes 343/Halo 5 may see one person who disagrees with them once and immediately think “They’re just a fanboy!” because it’s easier to jump to a conclusion than to put thought into it and try to understand the other person’s view.
> >
> >
> > I dont think ive generalized anyone. Im not saying anyone who likes 343 is a kid. Im saying a lot of the people that came into this franchise with Halo are kids and teenagers. Would you deny that?
>
>
> I’m not accusing you of anything, that’s just what I think the problem is here on Waypoint.

Oh my bad man lol these forums have been extra toxic today and my nerves are bad. I totally agree with you though. No one is willing to have a civil discussion about anything. It sucks because thats what the forums are for. Just like politics i guess.

> 2597611927948033;7:
> People in the Halo community (or any community) seem to be inclined to believe in the following:
>
> - More social versions of ranked modes i.e. slayer, strongholds, CTF - So we can destroy noobs all day because ranked doesn’t offer me the easy way out
> - De-scoping is balanced - because we want to be the winners when we shoot first. We can’t take how people respond with a skillful comeback
> - We want a radar buff - So I can radar--Yoink!- the whole game and have my hand held during the match
> It’s pretty sad, if you ask me.

See, now this is exactly what OP is talking about. Instead of simply explaining why you disagree with these mechanics, you IMMEDIATELY jump to insulting anyone that supports them. Pretty lame.

Good talk guys. glad to see the first comment wasn’t a sarcastic remark! lol

> 2533274884025288;12:
> > 2597611927948033;7:
> > People in the Halo community (or any community) seem to be inclined to believe in the following:
> >
> > - More social versions of ranked modes i.e. slayer, strongholds, CTF - So we can destroy noobs all day because ranked doesn’t offer me the easy way out
> > - De-scoping is balanced - because we want to be the winners when we shoot first. We can’t take how people respond with a skillful comeback
> > - We want a radar buff - So I can radar--Yoink!- the whole game and have my hand held during the match
> > It’s pretty sad, if you ask me.
>
>
> See, now this is exactly what OP is talking about. Instead of simply explaining why you disagree with these mechanics, you IMMEDIATELY jump to insulting anyone that supports them. Pretty lame.

If you don’t agree with someone it is very important to give reasons to why you disagree In a non toxic manner. Kots is right, I know you have good intentions but maybe you could have phrased it differently.

> 2533274975733797;13:
> Good talk guys. glad to see the first comment wasn’t a sarcastic remark! lol

Just reilised this comment/\ sounded sarcastic, It’s legit.

> 2533274978553590;8:
> > 2533274884025288;6:
> > I would love for this to be a reality, but unfortunately the new generation that came in with 343’s games is comprised of a lot of kids and teenagers. Its not gonna happen.
>
>
> Generalization as a whole is the problem. Someone who likes 343 and their take on Halo sees someone who’s so ridiculously toxic and salty, they start to think that the forums are black and white and either you love something or hate it. The reverse is also true: someone who dislikes 343/Halo 5 may see one person who disagrees with them once and immediately think “They’re just a fanboy!” because it’s easier to jump to a conclusion than to put thought into it and try to understand the other person’s view.

Pretty much this. I’d love for more discussions that are thoughtful and insightful. I personally just decided to give 343 the benefit of the doubt. I like the game, its mechanics, its gunplay, and Forge. The people who dislike 343 shouldn’t indeed see things so black and white, but the same can be said for supporters as well. The misconception is that many of these people who dislike 343/Halo 5 couldn’t give a damn about the game, when this isn’t the case at all. We’re all passionate fans of Halo, and we all have our own perspectives on where it should go and what they’ve done right/done wrong.

I’ve been labeled as every single name a “supporter” is called on this forum, for acknowledging, and agreeing that stuff like game modes should be here, but giving them credit on things they’ve done right. (Like the weapon balance, which Bungie could never really grasp) and yet I’ll get crapped on for not choosing extremes.

I won’t lie, though. There’s times where I’ve generalized. But we’ve all done that.

> 2533274826920712;16:
> > 2533274978553590;8:
> > > 2533274884025288;6:
> > > I would love for this to be a reality, but unfortunately the new generation that came in with 343’s games is comprised of a lot of kids and teenagers. Its not gonna happen.
> >
> >
> > Generalization as a whole is the problem. Someone who likes 343 and their take on Halo sees someone who’s so ridiculously toxic and salty, they start to think that the forums are black and white and either you love something or hate it. The reverse is also true: someone who dislikes 343/Halo 5 may see one person who disagrees with them once and immediately think “They’re just a fanboy!” because it’s easier to jump to a conclusion than to put thought into it and try to understand the other person’s view.
>
>
> Pretty much this. I’d love for more discussions that are thoughtful and insightful. I personally just decided to give 343 the benefit of the doubt. I like the game, its mechanics, its gunplay, and Forge. The people who dislike 343 shouldn’t indeed see things so black and white, but the same can be said for supporters as well. The misconception is that many of these people who dislike 343/Halo 5 couldn’t give a damn about the game, when this isn’t the case at all. We’re all passionate fans of Halo, and we all have our own perspectives on where it should go and what they’ve done right/done wrong.
>
> I’ve been labeled as every single name a “supporter” is called on this forum, for acknowledging, and agreeing that stuff like game modes should be here, but giving them credit on things they’ve done right. (Like the weapon balance, which Bungie could never really grasp) and yet I’ll get crapped on for not choosing extremes.
>
> I won’t lie, though. There’s times where I’ve generalized. But we’ve all done that.
>
>
> > 2533274826920712;16:
> > > 2533274978553590;8:
> > > > 2533274884025288;6:
> > > > I would love for this to be a reality, but unfortunately the new generation that came in with 343’s games is comprised of a lot of kids and teenagers. Its not gonna happen.
> > >
> > >
> > > Generalization as a whole is the problem. Someone who likes 343 and their take on Halo sees someone who’s so ridiculously toxic and salty, they start to think that the forums are black and white and either you love something or hate it. The reverse is also true: someone who dislikes 343/Halo 5 may see one person who disagrees with them once and immediately think “They’re just a fanboy!” because it’s easier to jump to a conclusion than to put thought into it and try to understand the other person’s view.
> >
> >
> > Pretty much this. I’d love for more discussions that are thoughtful and insightful. I personally just decided to give 343 the benefit of the doubt. I like the game, its mechanics, its gunplay, and Forge. The people who dislike 343 shouldn’t indeed see things so black and white, but the same can be said for supporters as well. The misconception is that many of these people who dislike 343/Halo 5 couldn’t give a damn about the game, when this isn’t the case at all. We’re all passionate fans of Halo, and we all have our own perspectives on where it should go and what they’ve done right/done wrong.
> >
> > I’ve been labeled as every single name a “supporter” is called on this forum, for acknowledging, and agreeing that stuff like game modes should be here, but giving them credit on things they’ve done right. (Like the weapon balance, which Bungie could never really grasp) and yet I’ll get crapped on for not choosing extremes.
> >
> > I won’t lie, though. There’s times where I’ve generalized. But we’ve all done that.
>
> It is important that we see both sides to a debate, It gives perspective and helps you understand the other side.

oops, don’t know what happened there /\

> 2533274884025288;11:
> > 2533274978553590;10:
> > > 2533274884025288;9:
> > > > 2533274978553590;8:
> > > > > 2533274884025288;6:
> > > > > I would love for this to be a reality, but unfortunately the new generation that came in with 343’s games is comprised of a lot of kids and teenagers. Its not gonna happen.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Generalization as a whole is the problem. Someone who likes 343 and their take on Halo sees someone who’s so ridiculously toxic and salty, they start to think that the forums are black and white and either you love something or hate it. The reverse is also true: someone who dislikes 343/Halo 5 may see one person who disagrees with them once and immediately think “They’re just a fanboy!” because it’s easier to jump to a conclusion than to put thought into it and try to understand the other person’s view.
> > >
> > >
> > > I dont think ive generalized anyone. Im not saying anyone who likes 343 is a kid. Im saying a lot of the people that came into this franchise with Halo are kids and teenagers. Would you deny that?
> >
> >
> > I’m not accusing you of anything, that’s just what I think the problem is here on Waypoint.
>
>
> Oh my bad man lol these forums have been extra toxic today and my nerves are bad. I totally agree with you though. No one is willing to have a civil discussion about anything. It sucks because thats what the forums are for. Just like politics i guess.

Yeah, It’s really sad.

Thank you for posting this. Its disappointing to see the toxic environment, making posts like this even better. I love Halo 5 and its mechanics, others may not. Big deal? At the end of the day we are all people sharing in something that we love - Halo. Your opinion is just as valid as mine, regardless of what your age is or when you first entered the franchise.

Glad to see the unity that could happen here.