Regarding enemy in Halo games

Enemy disengage shooting you when far enough away or are simply unable to move unless you’re close enough to trigger them. It makes sense of course in most cases and also because it’s likely quite taxing trying to account for so much but it’s very much open for abuse in certain encounters. Halo 3 is a good example of this especially something like the Ark when coming out of the cave just prior to getting the tanks. Here we have a Wraithe that is able to bombard your position but because we can simply hold our position in our chopper, much that is here can be taken out even the Anti Wraiths way off in the distance and. It’s not especially quick or even fun but as a legitimate strategy it works well. Hunters in Reach get to a certain distance from you and their firing is disabled and it becomes a bit daft. HaloCE has a moment on the Two betrayals when you get to the Warthog with the grunt high above you throws a grenade. Just beyond that are two Elites that are aware of you but have weapons disabled because of your distance to them and it spoils what should be a neat encounter. Again though I get why such things are programmed this way but in such case it’s my hope that AI can be tweaked to prevent such obvious flaws as it obviously takes you out of the experience

It’s not a moan as such but I’m just wondering if 343 will be looking into this aspect more for Infinite

So, you hope that the AI will be superior to a 19-year-old game, and a 13-year-old game. Pretty reasonable. Halo 3 had pretty good AI though, and so did CE, considering their ages too. There’s always going to be some way to take advantage of the AI design, simply because they’re dumb AI, and are unable to actually think and respond. I understand your hope that the opportunity for exploitation is as low as it can be though, of course. I can’t see why anyone would wish otherwise.

> 2535419441797248;2:
> So, you hope that the AI will be superior to a 19-year-old game, and a 13-year-old game. Pretty reasonable. Halo 3 had pretty good AI though, and so did CE, considering their ages too. There’s always going to be some way to take advantage of the AI design, simply because they’re dumb AI, and are unable to actually think and respond. I understand your hope that the opportunity for exploitation is as low as it can be though, of course. I can’t see why anyone would wish otherwise.

Regards to the older games, this sort of thing could have been addressed with tweaks outside of the AI. I get why they didn’t in some ways but not all of it was dependant on how the AI worked. I do agree that the AI has always been excellent but it’s more that certain actions were disabled. Up to a point I understand but sometimes In Halo3 for example it’s comical watching as a fully aware Hunter some 100 meters or so apart from you simply shuffles left and right while not firing any- based on being not quite close enough to trigger this action

> 2533274792569152;3:
> > 2535419441797248;2:
> > So, you hope that the AI will be superior to a 19-year-old game, and a 13-year-old game. Pretty reasonable. Halo 3 had pretty good AI though, and so did CE, considering their ages too. There’s always going to be some way to take advantage of the AI design, simply because they’re dumb AI, and are unable to actually think and respond. I understand your hope that the opportunity for exploitation is as low as it can be though, of course. I can’t see why anyone would wish otherwise.
>
> Regards to the older games, this sort of thing could have been addressed with tweaks outside of the AI. I get why they didn’t in some ways but not all of it was dependant on how the AI worked. I do agree that the AI has always been excellent but it’s more that certain actions were disabled. Up to a point I understand but sometimes In Halo3 for example it’s comical watching as a fully aware Hunter some 100 meters or so apart from you simply shuffles left and right while not firing any- based on being not quite close enough to trigger this action

Yeah, for sure. It can be pretty jarring at times…Given the amount of time put into Infinite, I’m expecting aspects such as AI to be pretty polished. We’ll see more later today.