Refund?

Where can i officially request a refund? I trust this game will be fixed at some future date and I really believe the developers are working hard to resolve this. But, I’m tired of buying broken games. I don’t expect a game to be perfect. I expect balancing issues, an obscure crash, and maybe some server load issues. I DO expect to actually be able to play a game. I’ll be happy to get my money back and buy this in several months when it actually works.

If you wanted to seek a refund for the game, you should contact Xbox live support if you purchased digitally or the retailer your bought from if you bought the physical copy.

That’s the problem with this isn’t it? They sell through intermediaries who refuse to take back open packages. So where is someone to go to register legitimate complaints and receive proper customer care? Guess the answer is to never buy day one. :expressionless: It would be better if we could just hold the publisher/studio responsible and get the refund direct. Ultimately they are the ones granting me a license to use their software.

I am sorry why should we be entitled to anything in the form of compensation. The game works, just not as expected. What do you expect when a game of this caliber gets released. I mean think about it, four campaigns running on multiple engines. The original multiplayer types for all four games. I almost expected there to be issues with this launch. You have four incredible campaigns. Why not work through those while you wait for these issues to be resolves.

A $10 gift card code from MS so I can get a game to play while this game is busted would be great.

@mobiledonut329

You are intentionally skewing my point. Using words like “entitlement” and “compensation” infer that I have an inflated sense of my rights and I’m asking for more than the value I paid. This is incorrect. I’m asking for a refund. I’m happy to return the broken product. I’m not looking for payment from suffering or damage. I just want to return the broken product and I’ll leave with the money I originally paid for it it. Nothing more… nothing less. Since it is a design flaw it is perfectly reasonable to expect a “right” (entitlement) of refund. I respect that you are willing to tolerate broken software. But, that is a decision you are making and you are, in fact, “entitled” to that decision.

Please know, I’m not intending any malice on this thread. I was simply asking an honest question in the “support” forum. So, please take the time to contribute kind interaction that doesn’t assume malice on my part.

Sadly i bought the game from Gamestop and im getting double screwed since they dont refund opened games and they now have Halo Master Chief Collection at $49.99 used. not even 24 after its release.

@MrBANANA420

Exactly! The lesson I need to take away is to wait. It’s a good thing to wait. Then you’ll know for sure what your money is buying.

> 2533274828757020;8:
> @MrBANANA420
>
> Exactly! The lesson I need to take away is to wait. It’s a good thing to wait. Then you’ll know for sure what your money is buying.

Thats exactly what im doing from now on. I’ll avoid buying games on launch. funny thing is that the only reason the game has dropped in price so quick is because of 343’s own fault.
Im pretty pissed that they are keeping us in the hush and just saying we are updating on our server side. Its sad that they say they are investigating the situation that means they are clueless as to what is happening and this could probably take days even weeks.

Please please prove me wrong 343

> 2533275003520089;4:
> I am sorry why should we be entitled to anything in the form of compensation. The game works, just not as expected. What do you expect when a game of this caliber gets released. I mean think about it, four campaigns running on multiple engines. The original multiplayer types for all four games. I almost expected there to be issues with this launch. You have four incredible campaigns. Why not work through those while you wait for these issues to be resolves.

The game works? Parts of it work. I cannot play vs mode because I’ll store die from old age waiting for a game. I cannot play co-op because there’s an entire second of delay between pressing a button and my character moving. So I’ve got the campaigns to play through, by myself.

I don’t understand how you don’t know why a refund would be entitled to somebody when the majority of a product doesn’t work. We are not being entitled. We paid for a product, a product that does not work.