Redundant visual information after getting a kill

I took a screenshot from Halo Reach, Halo 4, Halo 5, and Halo Infinite to compare the UI. And for me it seems like the Infinite UI has redundant information about who you killed. All previous halo titles just relay your kill information in the death log but in Infinite, it’s in the death log as well as in the middle of the screen with the medals and kill score. The only other Halo game that gives you information in the center of the screen was Halo 4 but it was just medal information like multi kills, snapshot, first strike, etc. That system worked fine so I’m just curious why in Infinite, we have the extra visual text saying “killed enemy” when that information is already displayed in the death log. It seems redundant and if Halo 4 was able to just show the kill score and the text of whatever medal you achieved, that makes more sense than the text of killing the person since you already see it in the death log. Does this makes sense to anyone else? What are your thoughts on the UI information?

Halo HUD comparison

Hi there,
cant click on the link you put in your post. At the top when writing a topic you see at near the end of the row 3rd last there is a icon of a chain in between a spartan icon and to the right and a warning :warning: icon to the left. Thats how you can put in a link. If you can edit your comment so i can see please. Also im not a fan of a big red X in the middle of the screen too. Anything that blocks my view i really dont like.

> 2533274818433952;2:
> Hi there,
> cant click on the link you put in your post. At the top when writing a topic you see at near the end of the row 3rd last there is a icon of a chain in between a spartan icon and to the right and a warning :warning: icon to the left. Thats how you can put in a link. If you can edit your comment so i can see please. Also im not a fan of a big red X in the middle of the screen too. Anything that blocks my view i really dont like.

Thank you for clarifying how to insert links, I don’t post here very often. But I fixed it so hopefully you can see the pictures now!

I see what U mean, but HI looks cleaner,
the subtitle can be turn off, and the info in the center is wath U did, and the info on the left it´s whats going on with the rest.

> 2533274829450734;1:
> I took a screenshot from Halo Reach, Halo 4, Halo 5, and Halo Infinite to compare the UI. And for me it seems like the Infinite UI has redundant information about who you killed. All previous halo titles just relay your kill information in the death log but in Infinite, it’s in the death log as well as in the middle of the screen with the medals and kill score. The only other Halo game that gives you information in the center of the screen was Halo 4 but it was just medal information like multi kills, snapshot, first strike, etc. That system worked fine so I’m just curious why in Infinite, we have the extra visual text saying “killed enemy” when that information is already displayed in the death log. It seems redundant and if Halo 4 was able to just show the kill score and the text of whatever medal you achieved, that makes more sense than the text of killing the person since you already see it in the death log. Does this makes sense to anyone else? What are your thoughts on the UI information?
>
> Halo HUD comparison

I understand your concerns on the new HUD elements, but you must keep in mind that this is still technically a closed beta and is pushed out SO we can point things out that are lack-luster. Now in terms of the medals; I find them to be a clean redesign as is, but perhaps 343i could add a “legacy” option similar to what MCC has for weapon skins and visor colors. For this setting it could add a filter to your gameplay and shift the medals to the side of the screen to give you that original Halo experience. As for kill information, there are accessibility options for the hit-markers, death-markers, and plenty of audio options for you to play with in order to boost the confirm kill sound effect that plays. I believe Halo: Infinite is on the right track, but I would love to see some legacy options and filters.

> 2533274921115718;4:
> I see what U mean, but HI looks cleaner,
> the subtitle can be turn off, and the info in the center is wath U did, and the info on the left it´s whats going on with the rest.

Yea, sorry that’s an old screen shot and I have turned subtitles off a while back. But that’s what I don’t understand, none of the previous halo games needed to tell you twice that you killed someone. The info on the left is what’s going on with everyone, including your kills, so it’s one thing to just display the kill score and medals in the center, but it seems unnecessary to give textual information that you “killed enemy” in the center if you already have that information in the left and that spot tells you exactly how you killed him. Something similar to H4 with just the kill score in the center and maybe text information of the medal you earned seems more logical, but reading the same text twice after every kill in the left feed and the middle feed seems unnecessary.

I agree that the UI while playing is too cluttered. I can get used to the new placements but I would rather not have points appears in the middle of my screen when I get kills or complete objectives. It’s just not interesting to me to know I got 50 points for an assist, I’m only interested in the fact I got an assist at all.

The medals, I could probably get used to, but I would much rather have them off to the side, similar to the older Halo titles.

> 2535464567452645;5:
> > 2533274829450734;1:
> > I took a screenshot from Halo Reach, Halo 4, Halo 5, and Halo Infinite to compare the UI. And for me it seems like the Infinite UI has redundant information about who you killed. All previous halo titles just relay your kill information in the death log but in Infinite, it’s in the death log as well as in the middle of the screen with the medals and kill score. The only other Halo game that gives you information in the center of the screen was Halo 4 but it was just medal information like multi kills, snapshot, first strike, etc. That system worked fine so I’m just curious why in Infinite, we have the extra visual text saying “killed enemy” when that information is already displayed in the death log. It seems redundant and if Halo 4 was able to just show the kill score and the text of whatever medal you achieved, that makes more sense than the text of killing the person since you already see it in the death log. Does this makes sense to anyone else? What are your thoughts on the UI information?
> >
> > Halo HUD comparison
>
> I understand your concerns on the new HUD elements, but you must keep in mind that this is still technically a closed beta and is pushed out SO we can point things out that are lack-luster. Now in terms of the medals; I find them to be a clean redesign as is, but perhaps 343i could add a “legacy” option similar to what MCC has for weapon skins and visor colors. For this setting it could add a filter to your gameplay and shift the medals to the side of the screen to give you that original Halo experience. As for kill information, there are accessibility options for the hit-markers, death-markers, and plenty of audio options for you to play with in order to boost the confirm kill sound effect that plays. I believe Halo: Infinite is on the right track, but I would love to see some legacy options and filters.

Yea, even if they chose not to implement full customization of the HUD, I think they would please a lot of fans if they added Legacy options like you said, but for the HUD so you could choose a HUD layout based on Halo 3, Halo Reach, Halo 4, or Halo 5 ya know? To better tailor the experience for yourself!

> 2533274796513846;7:
> I agree that the UI while playing is too cluttered. I can get used to the new placements but I would rather not have points appears in the middle of my screen when I get kills or complete objectives. It’s just not interesting to me to know I got 50 points for an assist, I’m only interested in the fact I got an assist at all.
>
> The medals, I could probably get used to, but I would much rather have them off to the side, similar to the older Halo titles.

I agree. I’d love to see a toggle setting where you can toggle on and off the points and toggle on or off the “kill enemy” descriptions in the front. If it was just medals appearing in the middle, it’d be a bit better. But I also feel like I lose that sense of full emersion in the game while I’ve got running text beside my reticle.

> 2533274829450734;6:
> > 2533274921115718;4:
> > I see what U mean, but HI looks cleaner,
> > the subtitle can be turn off, and the info in the center is wath U did, and the info on the left it´s whats going on with the rest.
>
> Yea, sorry that’s an old screen shot and I have turned subtitles off a while back. But that’s what I don’t understand, none of the previous halo games needed to tell you twice that you killed someone. The info on the left is what’s going on with everyone, including your kills, so it’s one thing to just display the kill score and medals in the center, but it seems unnecessary to give textual information that you “killed enemy” in the center if you already have that information in the left and that spot tells you exactly how you killed him. Something similar to H4 with just the kill score in the center and maybe text information of the medal you earned seems more logical, but reading the same text twice after every kill in the left feed and the middle feed seems unnecessary.

I know, theres no need for it, i dont care about points of KD or anything about that, maybe there’s a way to turn it off