Redoing the Classic Playlists.

Everyone knows the Classic playlist has a very low population, almost as low as Firefight Limited. When Halo CEA comes out the playlist will most likely get removed and replaced with new playlists that will maintain a higher population.

Here are my own ideas, and please post whatever you think also.

Universal to all Multiplayer Classic playlists:
-Use Forge to redo Reflection into a remake of Ivory Tower, and redo Hemmorhage to make it more like Blood Gulch.
-In addition to Ivory Tower, Blood Gulch, and the six remakes, add community remakes to the playlists. However, the remakes need to be chosen better then they are with Community Team Classic, the remake of Lockout is awful.

Specific playlists:
Community Team Classic: Nuke it, it wont be needed when the new maps come out.

Classic Team Slayer: 4 on 4 slayer on smaller maps.

Classic Lone Wolves: 8 player free for all.

Classic Team Objective: 6 on 6 on the majority of the maps.

Universal to Firefight playlists:
Add the Firefight map coming with CEA to all Firefight playlists.

New Firefight playlists:
Classic Firefight: Firefight with Classic setting. Have it so the new firefight map is the only map in the playlist, then add a few Reach maps in future playlist updates, but make sure that the CEA map has a higher weighting in voting than other maps.

That’s all I can think of, if you have any other ideas make sure to post them.

That’s way too many playlists for a classic hopper, even if the rest of the playlists were to be cut down a bit. The way I’d do it, and probably the way they’ll do it, will be a small team classic and big team classic playlist. The former will have Dammy and Beaver Creek, the latter will include Timberland, H’EH will be in both. Then maybe one playlist where you just play the firefight map.

> That’s way too many playlists for a classic hopper, even if the rest of the playlists were to be cut down a bit. The way I’d do it, and probably the way they’ll do it, will be a small team classic and big team classic playlist. The former will have Dammy and Beaver Creek, the latter will include Timberland, H’EH will be in both. Then maybe one playlist where you just play the firefight map.

It’s not that many, and those playlists will have a higher population when CEA comes out compared to if they were released now, since CEA will bring many new players to Reach and bring back old players who left Reach because of all the pointless changes made to the gameplay.

I know this is only addressing one point in your post, but I think Lockout is as close as you can get with Forge. It plays extremely similar if not the same.

> I know this is only addressing one point in your post, but I think Lockout is as close as you can get with Forge. It plays extremely similar if not the same.

Have you seen some of the other remakes, like Lockout xtremity or something like that. I’m not saying the map in Community Team Classic is bad, it just isn’t as close of a remake as ones other people have made.

> Have you seen some of the other remakes?

I’ve only seen one by I MAKY I which I thought was amazing until I saw the one in the playlist, but I’ll look up some in the File Browser later if there really are better versions.

I thought the classic playlist was awesome when it had DMR start. The only reason the population is so low now is because of the Needle Rifle start. I used to play classic everyday when I got on but now it’s just a bunch of noobs spamming their Needle Rifles. I would do anything to see classic go back to the way it was before, it was so much fun.

> I thought the classic playlist was awesome when it had DMR start. The only reason the population is so low now is because of the Needle Rifle start. I used to play classic everyday when I got on but now it’s just a bunch of noobs spamming their Needle Rifles. I would do anything to see classic go back to the way it was before, it was so much fun.

NR starts are much closer to the original Magnum in Halo CE, and is much more balanced than the DMR.

> I thought the classic playlist was awesome when it had DMR start. The only reason the population is so low now is because of the Needle Rifle start. I used to play classic everyday when I got on but now it’s just a bunch of noobs spamming their Needle Rifles. I would do anything to see classic go back to the way it was before, it was so much fun.

Um… The Needle Rifle has the best bloom, along with the Pistol. You can’t spam the Needle Rifle because it goes WAY off target at any range except VERY CLOSE range.

That’s why it’s in Classic.

The DMR, however, has a good bloom, but not quite enough to punish spammers at close range. The Title Update will definitely be handling changes in bloom and armor abilities (I’m sure they’ve been reading threads) and the DMR’s will be altered (Most likely to match the Needle Rifles bloom).

To the OP, that sounds like a bit too many playlists… BUT we’ll see when Halo: Anniversary is released. If it’s cheap, like around 40 dollars, and if it comes with two discs (one for campaign, one for multiplayer) then it definitely could work.

I’m just not sure how it’s going to work with Halo: Reach’s multiplayer…

> > I thought the classic playlist was awesome when it had DMR start. The only reason the population is so low now is because of the Needle Rifle start. I used to play classic everyday when I got on but now it’s just a bunch of noobs spamming their Needle Rifles. I would do anything to see classic go back to the way it was before, it was so much fun.
>
> Um… The Needle Rifle has the best bloom, along with the Pistol. You can’t spam the Needle Rifle because it goes WAY off target at any range except VERY CLOSE range.
>
> That’s why it’s in Classic.
>
> The DMR, however, has a good bloom, but not quite enough to punish spammers at close range. The Title Update will definitely be handling changes in bloom and armor abilities (I’m sure they’ve been reading threads) and the DMR’s will be altered (Most likely to match the Needle Rifles bloom).
>
> To the OP, that sounds like a bit too many playlists… BUT we’ll see when Halo: Anniversary is released. If it’s cheap, like around 40 dollars, and if it comes with two discs (one for campaign, one for multiplayer) then it definitely could work.
>
> I’m just not sure how it’s going to work with Halo: Reach’s multiplayer…

Maybe it is a bit much, but it needs at least three multiplayer playlists (Team Slayer, Team Objective, and FFA) and one Firefight playlist.

> I thought the classic playlist was awesome when it had DMR start.

lol DMR. The worst gun to be created as a precision weapon for Halo. Button Combo BR wasn’t nearly as bad.

> > I thought the classic playlist was awesome when it had DMR start.
>
> lol DMR. The worst gun to be created as a precision weapon for Halo. Button Combo BR wasn’t nearly as bad.

I never said the DMR was a good weapon, I just thought it worked better than the Needle Rifle in classic. Actually, I just want Halo 2 back on XBL, that would be better IMO.

There should be only 1 classic playlist. At first, it could have all of the CEA maps, then it should eventually get some community remakes.

That’s it.

> There should be only 1 classic playlist. At first, it could have all of the CEA maps, then it should eventually get some community remakes.
>
> That’s it.

…No. I and many others have been waiting too long for an experience like Classic on Classic maps with Classic weapons with Reach.

> > There should be only 1 classic playlist. At first, it could have all of the CEA maps, then it should eventually get some community remakes.
> >
> > That’s it.
>
> …No. I and many others have been waiting too long for an experience like Classic on Classic maps with Classic weapons with Reach.

Isn’t that what I just suggested…? Obviously the playlist would have classic weapons and the like…

> > > There should be only 1 classic playlist. At first, it could have all of the CEA maps, then it should eventually get some community remakes.
> > >
> > > That’s it.
> >
> > …No. I and many others have been waiting too long for an experience like Classic on Classic maps with Classic weapons with Reach.
>
> Isn’t that what I just suggested…?

No, you suggested one playlist. Which is rather unacceptable.

> > > > There should be only 1 classic playlist. At first, it could have all of the CEA maps, then it should eventually get some community remakes.
> > > >
> > > > That’s it.
> > >
> > > …No. I and many others have been waiting too long for an experience like Classic on Classic maps with Classic weapons with Reach.
> >
> > Isn’t that what I just suggested…?
>
> No, you suggested one playlist. Which is rather unacceptable.

And why is that? It’s all we need. A playlist with classic maps, classic weapons, slayer and objective.

EDIT: Okay I’m an idiot. Other playlists like classic FFA and classic BTB would be nice as well. Anything other than these 3 playlists seems like a little much.

> Maybe it is a bit much, but it needs at least three multiplayer playlists (Team Slayer, Team Objective, and FFA) and one Firefight playlist.

With Big Team Battle being my most played playlist, I would DEFINITELY want a Big Team classic playlist.

It all really depends on how they’re going to handle it. Like if its a separate disc (Or even if its included on a single disc) that gives you access to ONLY the Classic Playlists with everything Halo: Reach has to offer, along with Halo: Reach players on the Halo: Reach disc being able to play on them too (Somehow… Still not sure) then they could have 6 playlists that would have good populations.

For the Classic maps and all that, I hope you’re able to redeem a code or download it somehow so that I don’t have to switch discs every time I go from normal Reach to the Classic games.

> > I thought the classic playlist was awesome when it had DMR start. The only reason the population is so low now is because of the Needle Rifle start. I used to play classic everyday when I got on but now it’s just a bunch of noobs spamming their Needle Rifles. I would do anything to see classic go back to the way it was before, it was so much fun.
>
> NR starts are much closer to the original Magnum in Halo CE, and is much more balanced than the DMR.

Oh, I forgot. If you shoot a person with a DMR 5 times, he explodes due to a massive build up of bullets. Classic Rifles should still be DMR starter because, with the Needle Rifle, you only have to shoot so much before he/she explodes. YOU ONLY HAVE TO SHOOT HIM/HER A FEW TIMES…ANYWHERE TO GET THE SAME AFFECT.

> Oh, I forgot. If you shoot a person with a DMR 5 times, he explodes due to a massive build up of bullets. Classic Rifles should still be DMR starter because, with the Needle Rifle, you only have to shoot so much before he/she explodes. YOU ONLY HAVE TO SHOOT HIM/HER A FEW TIMES…ANYWHERE TO GET THE SAME AFFECT.

It’s the same amount of shots the DMR takes to kill someone after their shields are down…

Like either you hit them with a single headshot or three body shots with the DMR, same with the Needle Rifle. Except the Needle Rifle makes a small explosion.

Not really a big deal there.

The Bloom on the Needle Rifle is probably the most perfect one in the game. The Pistol is a close second though, as its bloom makes you use the Pistol as intended. As a secondary weapon for mid/close range shootouts and not long range sniping.