Rediculous Banhammer Strikes

You know that moment when your in a game, full of smurfs and farmers at onyx level, and your pissed the **** off while running a -1.0 kDa the whole match, so you give up and leave the game and get banned for HOURS. Here’s two bullcrap reasons I got banned today from arena AND warzone: I’ve just finished a hardcore FFA onyx match winning by 3 kills, the games over and you’ve been returned to the lobby where your support to see a carnage report. That carnage report does NOT show up, nor does anything else that’s support to be there, but it DOES say its matching me with players still. I don’t want to play another game but it won’t let me leave an empty lobby (just me cuz it hasn’t matched yet), and that doesn’t work so I restart the game. I later go to play another FFA match today, only to see the 2 hour ban. I’m like whatever, I’ll go play warzone. The second game in I mess up my headsets and try to fix it. Who took a while cuz I had earbuds in, and headsets over that, and both cords had to be plunged back in. 18 SECONDS (yea it took me that long) I reach for my controller to make sure I don’t get kicked for inactivity. The very moment I move the joystick it kiks me and I’m banned AGAIN. So I’m wasting my time putting this in the forums.

!== 343, please increase the inactivity timer by at least 10 seconds, and fix that bug as its happened around 3 times to me already. ==!

And can someone please tell me if you lose the commendation progress if your kicked for inactivity. Thanks.

Ban theard

> 2533275013509531;1:
> You know that moment when your in a game, full of smurfs and farmers at onyx level, and your pissed the **** off while running a -1.0 kDa the whole match, so you give up and leave the game and get banned for HOURS. Here’s two bullcrap reasons I got banned today from arena AND warzone: I’ve just finished a hardcore FFA onyx match winning by 3 kills, the games over and you’ve been returned to e lobby where your support to see a carnage report. That carnage report does NOT show up, nor does anything else that’s support to be there, but it DOES say its matching me with players still. I don’t want to play another game but it won’t let me leave an empty lobby (just me cuz it hasn’t matched yet), and that doesn’t work so I restart the game. I later go to play another FFA match today, only to see the 2 hour ban. I’m like whatever, I’ll go play warzone. The second game in I mess up my headsets and try to fix it. Who took a while cuz I had earbuds in, and headsets over that, and both cords had to be plunged back in. 18 SECONDS (yea it took me that long) I reach for my controller to make sure I don’t get liked for inactivity. The very moment I move the joystick it kiks me and I’m banned AGAIN. So I’m wasting my time putting this in the forums.
>
> !== 343, please increase the inactivity timer by at least 10 seconds, and fix that bug as its happened around 3 times to me already. ==!

Ban related traffic goes in the ban thread. Three minutes is long enough IMO. Also Ridiculous, it has two of the letter I.

Apparently…the only advice 343i or anyone on this message board can give you is directing you to the banhammer thread in the ban section. Good luck.

Alright, thanks.

> 2535461287427665;5:
> Apparently…the only advice 343i or anyone on this message board can give you is directing you to the banhammer thread in the ban section. Good luck.

Where one of us will look at his post and answer him. In this case pointing out that you have to quit a lot of games to be banned and that Afking is bad. It allows for the ‘I only quit once’ "it was my kid brother’ threads not to clog the forums.

> 2535461287427665;5:
> Apparently…the only advice 343i or anyone on this message board can give you is directing you to the banhammer thread in the ban section. Good luck.

Because that is where this should be talked about.

> 2533274880633045;7:
> > 2535461287427665;5:
> > Apparently…the only advice 343i or anyone on this message board can give you is directing you to the banhammer thread in the ban section. Good luck.
>
>
> Where one of us will look at his post and answer him. In this case pointing out that you have to quit a lot of games to be banned and that Afking is bad.

but…but…but…the swamp monster

> 2533275013509531;2:
> And can someone please tell me if you lose the commendation progress if your kicked for inactivity. Thanks.

That is ban related info. Also, you don’t gain commendation progress if you DNF last I checked. By the way. If you don’t shoot anyone the game will kick you for inactivity, even if you die. I believe the timer is based on when you last did damage to someone. I had a friend get kicked from a warzone she was actively playing in because of inactivity. (brand new and couldn’t hit the broadside of the barn at that point)

The banhammer is completely stupid in this game. It tracks your total quits over a period of time, so I occasionally will leave extremely lopsided/laggy games. I play the vast majority of the games I enter. But because of my CUMULATIVE quits over a period of time, I can play 8 games of slayer back to back, leave the 9th one, and get banned for hours.

I’m sorry, but this is a stupid system. It should look at the last 20 games like over-watch does, not a time period of whatever it is.

The best part of the Banhammer in halo 5, it doesn’t stop people from quitting, at all.

> 2533274796951708;10:
> > 2533275013509531;2:
> > And can someone please tell me if you lose the commendation progress if your kicked for inactivity. Thanks.
>
>
> That is ban related info. Also, you don’t gain commendation progress if you DNF last I checked. By the way. If you don’t shoot anyone the game will kick you for inactivity, even if you die. I believe the timer is based on when you last did damage to someone. I had a friend get kicked from a warzone she was actively playing in because of inactivity. (brand new and couldn’t hit the broadside of the barn at that point)

That’s just not true in the least. Inactivity is based on movement, and only movement. If you run back and forth over and over again in a base, guess what not kicked. I know because I’ve actually done this before to troll people.

> 2604313713106098;11:
> The banhammer is completely stupid in this game. It tracks your total quits over a period of time, so I occasionally will leave extremely lopsided/laggy games. I play the vast majority of the games I enter. But because of my CUMULATIVE quits over a period of time, I can play 8 games of slayer back to back, leave the 9th one, and get banned for hours.
>
> I’m sorry, but this is a stupid system. It should look at the last 20 games like over-watch does, not a time period of whatever it is.
>
> The best part of the Banhammer in halo 5, it doesn’t stop people from quitting, at all.

It does look at it over a period of time. It’s only stupid because you don’t like it.
You go a long period of time without quitting you won’t be banned for hours. I quit/disconnect out of maybe one or two games a month and I’m rarely banned and if I am it’s only a couple minutes. Stop quitting.

> 2604313713106098;12:
> > 2533274796951708;10:
> > > 2533275013509531;2:
> > >
>
>
> That’s just not true in the least. Inactivity is based on movement, and only movement. If you run back and forth over and over again in a base, guess what not kicked. I know because I’ve actually done this before to troll people.

Odd, then I don’t know what to tell you. I’ve seen people in games literally doing just that get dropped for inactivity as well as my friend like I said, screamed “That’s BS! I’m running around shooting at things and dying how do I get kicked for inactivity!”

> 2533274873873545;13:
> > 2604313713106098;11:
> > The banhammer is completely stupid in this game. It tracks your total quits over a period of time, so I occasionally will leave extremely lopsided/laggy games. I play the vast majority of the games I enter. But because of my CUMULATIVE quits over a period of time, I can play 8 games of slayer back to back, leave the 9th one, and get banned for hours.
> >
> > I’m sorry, but this is a stupid system. It should look at the last 20 games like over-watch does, not a time period of whatever it is.
> >
> > The best part of the Banhammer in halo 5, it doesn’t stop people from quitting, at all.
>
>
> It does look at it over a period of time. It’s only stupid because you don’t like it.
> You go a long period of time without quitting you won’t be banned for hours. I quit/disconnect out of maybe one or two games a month and I’m rarely banned and if I am it’s only a couple minutes. Stop quitting.

No…it’s stupid because it’s not a good system. At all. And I should most certainly be able to leave a game not to my liking every now and then. Grow up kid.

> 2604313713106098;15:
> > 2533274873873545;13:
> > > 2604313713106098;11:
> > > The banhammer is completely stupid in this game. It tracks your total quits over a period of time, so I occasionally will leave extremely lopsided/laggy games. I play the vast majority of the games I enter. But because of my CUMULATIVE quits over a period of time, I can play 8 games of slayer back to back, leave the 9th one, and get banned for hours.
> > >
> > > I’m sorry, but this is a stupid system. It should look at the last 20 games like over-watch does, not a time period of whatever it is.
> > >
> > > The best part of the Banhammer in halo 5, it doesn’t stop people from quitting, at all.
> >
> >
> > It does look at it over a period of time. It’s only stupid because you don’t like it.
> > You go a long period of time without quitting you won’t be banned for hours. I quit/disconnect out of maybe one or two games a month and I’m rarely banned and if I am it’s only a couple minutes. Stop quitting.
>
>
> No…it’s stupid because it’s not a good system. At all. And I should most certainly be able to leave a game not to my liking every now and then. Grow up kid.

Ah yes i said something you don’t like so you call me a kid…odd. YOU can quit at your own liking and because you habitually do it you get banned for hours. Logic.

> 2533274796951708;14:
> > 2604313713106098;12:
> > > 2533274796951708;10:
> > > > 2533275013509531;2:
> > > >
> >
> >
> > That’s just not true in the least. Inactivity is based on movement, and only movement. If you run back and forth over and over again in a base, guess what not kicked. I know because I’ve actually done this before to troll people.
>
>
> Odd, then I don’t know what to tell you. I’ve seen people in games literally doing just that get dropped for inactivity as well as my friend like I said, screamed “That’s BS! I’m running around shooting at things and dying how do I get kicked for inactivity!”

It takes three minutes with no controller input to kick your from warzone. I believe it is slightly less in arena.

> 2533274796951708;10:
> > 2533275013509531;2:
> > And can someone please tell me if you lose the commendation progress if your kicked for inactivity. Thanks.
>
>
> That is ban related info. Also, you don’t gain commendation progress if you DNF last I checked. By the way. If you don’t shoot anyone the game will kick you for inactivity, even if you die. I believe the timer is based on when you last did damage to someone. I had a friend get kicked from a warzone she was actively playing in because of inactivity. (brand new and couldn’t hit the broadside of the barn at that point)

Thanks, that is actually very useful info.

> 2604313713106098;12:
> > 2533274796951708;10:
> > > 2533275013509531;2:
> > > And can someone please tell me if you lose the commendation progress if your kicked for inactivity. Thanks.
> >
> >
> > That is ban related info. Also, you don’t gain commendation progress if you DNF last I checked. By the way. If you don’t shoot anyone the game will kick you for inactivity, even if you die. I believe the timer is based on when you last did damage to someone. I had a friend get kicked from a warzone she was actively playing in because of inactivity. (brand new and couldn’t hit the broadside of the barn at that point)
>
>
> That’s just not true in the least. Inactivity is based on movement, and only movement. If you run back and forth over and over again in a base, guess what not kicked. I know because I’ve actually done this before to troll people.

Also usefull

> 2533274880633045;17:
> > 2533274796951708;14:
> > > 2604313713106098;12:
> > > > 2533274796951708;10:
> > > > > 2533275013509531;2:
> > > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > That’s just not true in the least. Inactivity is based on movement, and only movement. If you run back and forth over and over again in a base, guess what not kicked. I know because I’ve actually done this before to troll people.
> >
> >
> > Odd, then I don’t know what to tell you. I’ve seen people in games literally doing just that get dropped for inactivity as well as my friend like I said, screamed “That’s BS! I’m running around shooting at things and dying how do I get kicked for inactivity!”
>
>
> It takes three minutes with no controller input to kick your from warzone. I believe it is slightly less in arena.

There’s no way that’s possible, I’ve never left a controller afk like that, as a extremely competitive player I never go into games unless I know I’m not going afk