Redacted

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content. This includes leaked content, real or fake.

We are not allowed to discuss about leaked content. Are you trying to get me banned?

> We are not allowed to discuss about leaked content. Are you trying to get me banned?

How is he getting you banned? lol

> > We are not allowed to discuss about leaked content. Are you trying to get me banned?
>
> How is he getting you banned? lol

By telling me to discuss about leaked content. :slight_smile:

Fall damage is good, 'tis stupid that you can fall 100ft in halo 3 and just walk off like nothing happened.

Maybe theres an option on custom games to turn off fall damage.

I hope fall damage is nonexistent again, I really hate how it limits the possibilities of game-play. And I think if chief can fall through space and survive, you can survive a 100ft drop, at least with some jump pack assistance, if not. Then you loose all your shields, but that’s it, I don’t want to die from falling off high places, I want to be able to jump out of a banshee and survive when I hit the ground, I loved that in Halo 3 and 2. And it should return for Halo 4.

> Fall damage is good, 'tis stupid that you can fall 100ft in halo 3 and just walk off like nothing happened.
>
> Maybe theres an option on custom games to turn off fall damage.

It’s just a limitation of what your spartan can do. Nothing to benefit gameplay or anything. It can’t be fair or not because everyone has it, so you can fall too.

> Fall damage is good, 'tis stupid that you can fall 100ft in halo 3 and just walk off like nothing happened.
>
> Maybe theres an option on custom games to turn off fall damage.

when you try and fictionalise multiplayer yes your right, unfortunately Halo multiplayer at its core is an arena shooter, and no fall damage means more options, i.e fall off this edge to get the F**k out of dodge, see the spartan laser coming bail out of that banshee NOW!!!, jump from the top level to the bottom to ambush someone.

It doesn’t seem like a huge issue but without realising it you do move across the map in a different way when your conscious of fall damage, and imo it detracts from the halo experience.

Regardless of the fact that this thread is probably about leaked content, Fall damage is something that has to be included. Wheather or not you like it: without fall damage, the game would be a little unreal. I assumed that there was no danger of 343 getting rid of fall damage so, leaked or not, this is no news to me and I hope that they manage to get the right amount of fall damage.

> I hope fall damage is nonexistent again, I really hate how it limits the possibilities of game-play. And <mark>I think if chief can fall through space and survive, you can survive a 100ft drop, at least</mark> with some jump pack assistance, if not. Then you loose all your shields, but that’s it, I don’t want to die from falling off high places, I want to be able to jump out of a banshee and survive when I hit the ground, I loved that in Halo 3 and 2. And it should return for Halo 4.

100% with you Sir

Although from what I have seen looks like we might have to deal with it.

We will find out soonish E3 is just around the corner…

> I recently just watched a video about the halo 4 game-play and I couldn’t help but notice that it had fall damage in it. 343i please do not include fall damage in halo 4, No fall damage inspired people to make awesome game-types and maps in halo 3.
>
>
> Unfortunately I can tell you guys and girls a link but you can type in on youtube halo 4 gameplay preview, It should show you the gameplay I saw.
>
> discuss.

Dude, that is still discussing leaked content which is against the forum rules. If it did not release officially, then you can’t talk about it here.

> Regardless of the fact that this thread is probably about leaked content, Fall damage is something that has to be included. Wheather or not you like it: without fall damage, <mark>the game would be a little unreal</mark>. I assumed that there was no danger of 343 getting rid of fall damage so, leaked or not, this is no news to me and I hope that they manage to get the right amount of fall damage.

the game doesn’t need to be realistic to be fun

Fall damage?

DO NOT WANT!

Unfortunately with the jetpack around you have to have fall damage to balance it. How I wish both of them never existed.

> > I hope fall damage is nonexistent again, I really hate how it limits the possibilities of game-play. And <mark>I think if chief can fall through space and survive, you can survive a 100ft drop, at least</mark> with some jump pack assistance, if not. Then you loose all your shields, but that’s it, I don’t want to die from falling off high places, I want to be able to jump out of a banshee and survive when I hit the ground, I loved that in Halo 3 and 2. And it should return for Halo 4.
>
> 100% with you Sir
>
> Although from what I have seen looks like we might have to deal with it.
>
> We will find out soonish E3 is just around the corner…

I know, I’ve seen some stuff too, I just hope those were early builds that had it and the newer build doesn’t.

Fall damage is good for limiting vertical descent in a map design. You force players to commit to a route and an elevation rather than being able to just fall out of combat when the going gets tough. Same reason goes for for banshee pilots; just bailing when you’re about to bite it is a coward move and shouldn’t be rewarded. This also keeps high elevations from having complete dominance over lower areas; there are specific choke points (stairs/ramps) rather than “they’re dropping down on us from everywhere”.

Besides it was in Halo CE therefore it’s good.