Red team takeover

I, myself, would like to see Red team takeover the main character position in the FPS games. Blue team is getting old and military service may need to end soon. Red team has been in cryo stasis for ~28 years. this makes them effectively the age of a 20 year old. Red team is composed of 092 Jerome, 130 Alice, and 042 Douglas. this could open the door to a better spartan II team. 343 has progressed the story line of the halo franchise to the point where being a spartan is no longer special. In the time of Halo 1, 2, and 3, you (the master chief) were special. Now with the spartan IV’s your role of super solder has been diminished to the common advanced solder. In Halo 5, the Master chief and Blue team were forced to fight team Osiris. Spartan lock was able to fight John 117 with only a slight struggle. this is due to the spartan IV’s training and abilities. this is further evidence that the spartan II’s are no longer a special hero type unit. I think 343 could bring back this hero type image by phasing out Blue team and the spartan IV’s. Red team has the classic armor and are sill spartan II’s. with the A.I. rebellion going down, i think this could be a wonderful opportunity to cut back on the focus of Blue team and the new spartan IV’s.
Some people want a halo game to go back to the Maser chief alone, but i think that he could have one more game and then he needs to retire. War is to be fought by the young and strong, while war is to be thought out by the old and experienced. Red team is the prime candidates to fill the role of the heros while the master chief and Blue team retire and provide different services to the UNSC. Spartan IV’s are not going anywhere, sadly, but i feel like they should take a more background role and have less focus on them.

I dont want a debate between 343 and Bungi fans but rather, i want a debate as to the lore and story line we have between the two. I think that logically, Red team should take over the hero role because they are young and they have the same training as our beloved John 117 and Blue team. Blue team and the Master chief have lived their stories and i think its time for Red team to get their time in the spotlight.

> 2533274895012064;1:
> I, myself, would like to see Red team takeover the main character position in the FPS games. Blue team is getting old and military service may need to end soon. Red team has been in cryo stasis for ~28 years. this makes them effectively the age of a 20 year old. Red team is composed of 092 Jerome, 130 Alice, and 042 Douglas. this could open the door to a better spartan II team. 343 has progressed the story line of the halo franchise to the point where being a spartan is no longer special. In the time of Halo 1, 2, and 3, you (the master chief) were special. Now with the spartan IV’s your role of super solder has been diminished to the common advanced solder. In Halo 5, the Master chief and Blue team were forced to fight team Osiris. Spartan lock was able to fight John 117 with only a slight struggle. this is due to the spartan IV’s training and abilities. this is further evidence that the spartan II’s are no longer a special hero type unit. I think 343 could bring back this hero type image by phasing out Blue team and the spartan IV’s. Red team has the classic armor and are sill spartan II’s. with the A.I. rebellion going down, i think this could be a wonderful opportunity to cut back on the focus of Blue team and the new spartan IV’s.
> Some people want a halo game to go back to the Maser chief alone, but i think that he could have one more game and then he needs to retire. War is to be fought by the young and strong, while war is to be thought out by the old and experienced. Red team is the prime candidates to fill the role of the heros while the master chief and Blue team retire and provide different services to the UNSC. Spartan IV’s are not going anywhere, sadly, but i feel like they should take a more background role and have less focus on them.
>
> I dont want a debate between 343 and Bungi fans but rather, i want a debate as to the lore and story line we have between the two. I think that logically, Red team should take over the hero role because they are young and they have the same training as our beloved John 117 and Blue team. Blue team and the Master chief have lived their stories and i think its time for Red team to get their time in the spotlight.

Is this related to Halo Wars 2 at all?

Odd notion. I do like their classic armor look. Idk if they would feel good as replacements to Chief. I don’t think the Reach or H5 spartans were good in terms of taking over full time for Chief. Maybe a spin off, but not for the main series.

I wouldn’t mind if they were playable characters in the campaign but not the main ones.

I expect that transitioning from MC being the main character in a mainline Halo game to someone else would go over just about as well as it did in Mass Effect Andromeda.

While I do think that Red Team would be the best successor of possible suitors (RIP Johnson, LOL Locke/Palmer), I just don’t see it happening without some sort of transition, especially outside of Halo Wars.

> 2533274850493408;5:
> I expect that transitioning from MC being the main character in a mainline Halo game to someone else would go over just about as well as it did in Mass Effect Andromeda.
>
> While I do think that Red Team would be the best successor of possible suitors (RIP Johnson, LOL Locke/Palmer), I just don’t see it happening without some sort of transition, especially outside of Halo Wars.

I agree, the transition would be the part to nail. I personally, would like to see more “spin off” games with red team after Halo 6 ( im guessing something will tie in with Halo 6 and Halo wars 2) But, personally, i have been done with Master chiefs story after Halo 4… He saved the galaxy and got home. Now its just another mission to save the galaxy from Cortana. The story is the most important part for me, I believe its time to close that story and open a new for Halo. Idk… Im just really into the lore behind the Halo universe and im one of those people who like spin off’s to expand the universe. I know the mass market wants more Chief but your pretty much beating a dead horse after a while… I feel that Halo 6 would be a good stopping point and then we can transition :slight_smile:

From a game standpoint, Halo 5 is the first game to see Blue Team. I don’t think they’re going to give them the boot that quickly.

Maybe they can do an ODST-like side story?

> 2533274850493408;5:
> I expect that transitioning from MC being the main character in a mainline Halo game to someone else would go over just about as well as it did in Mass Effect Andromeda.

While I don’t think 343 is rushing to merge the Wars with the FPS titles that much, ME:A has so many problems that no longer having Shepard is faaaar down the list of issues.

> 2533274895012064;6:
> > 2533274850493408;5:
> > I expect that transitioning from MC being the main character in a mainline Halo game to someone else would go over just about as well as it did in Mass Effect Andromeda.
> >
> > While I do think that Red Team would be the best successor of possible suitors (RIP Johnson, LOL Locke/Palmer), I just don’t see it happening without some sort of transition, especially outside of Halo Wars.
>
> I agree, the transition would be the part to nail. I personally, would like to see more “spin off” games with red team after Halo 6 ( im guessing something will tie in with Halo 6 and Halo wars 2) But, personally, i have been done with Master chiefs story after Halo 4… He saved the galaxy and got home. Now its just another mission to save the galaxy from Cortana. The story is the most important part for me, I believe its time to close that story and open a new for Halo. Idk… Im just really into the lore behind the Halo universe and im one of those people who like spin off’s to expand the universe. I know the mass market wants more Chief but your pretty much beating a dead horse after a while… I feel that Halo 6 would be a good stopping point and then we can transition :slight_smile:

I think spin-off games are the way to go.

I would much rather 343 spread out the main games so there’s more time in between each for them to perfect the story/campaign especially. Think about what happened with Halo 5. There were definitely some rewrites and the marketing was totally off. If they took their time with Halo 6 and gave us some spin-off games in between, I think we’d be much more pleased with the main storyline.

They already missed the opportunity to have some spin-offs BEFORE bringing the Chief back to make his return more impactful.

> 2533274964189700;8:
> > 2533274850493408;5:
> > I expect that transitioning from MC being the main character in a mainline Halo game to someone else would go over just about as well as it did in Mass Effect Andromeda.
>
> While I don’t think 343 is rushing to merge the Wars with the FPS titles that much, ME:A has so many problems that no longer having Shepard is faaaar down the list of issues.

Haha I was wondering who was going to be the first person to say this, because as I typed it I thought to myself “that’s the least of that game’s problems”, but I just waited to see who would call me out on it. So, bravo!

I don’t know how I feel about spinoff games though. Any spinoff is to me just less satisfying than the main titles, no matter what we’re talking (not just Halo). Rogue One? Less satisfying than main installments. ODST? Less satisfying than Halo 3. Better Call Saul? Less satisfying than Breaking Bad.

It just wouldn’t have the same feel. Maybe that’s just me though.

Partly disagree, partly agree - don’t want to see Blue Team step aside to make room for them, they are still part of the heart and soul of the franchise (until/unless 343 decides to kill them :confused: ) and they were just introduced to the games, I think it’s too soon to give up on them. If they appear in Halo 6 it’d be nice to see them actually DO something useful.

That said, agree that I would not mind seeing more of Red Team at the same time. I did very much enjoy their role in HW2. Playing as Jerome in a future game is something I could get excited about.

> 2533274961806222;11:
> Partly disagree, partly agree - don’t want to see Blue Team step aside to make room for them, they are still part of the heart and soul of the franchise (until/unless 343 decides to kill them :confused: ) and they were just introduced to the games, I think it’s too soon to give up on them. If they appear in Halo 6 it’d be nice to see them actually DO something useful.
>
> That said, agree that I would not mind seeing more of Red Team at the same time. I did very much enjoy their role in HW2. Playing as Jerome in a future game is something I could get excited about.

Playing as Jerome sounds like a cool spin-off game.

Right, and I would love to see a spin off game with Red team, a full fps spin off like odst. I know fans wont like a full take over but its my personal preference. I love the MC but ive played as him for so many years, I want Jerome or Alice, or even Douglas. but i think the best way to approach this is a spin off game. The main titles will always be the heart and soul of the franchise… But, Im always one for the universe expanding material :smiley:

> 2533274895012064;6:
> > 2533274850493408;5:
> >
> > While I do think that Red Team would be the best successor of possible suitors (RIP Johnson, LOL Locke/Palmer), I just don’t see it happening without some sort of transition, especially outside of Halo Wars.
>
> I agree, the transition would be the part to nail. I personally, would like to see more “spin off” games with red team after Halo 6 ( im guessing something will tie in with Halo 6 and Halo wars 2) But, personally, i have been done with Master chiefs story after Halo 4… He saved the galaxy and got home. Now its just another mission to save the galaxy from Cortana. The story is the most important part for me, I believe its time to close that story and open a new for Halo. Idk… Im just really into the lore behind the Halo universe and im one of those people who like spin off’s to expand the universe. I know the mass market wants more Chief but your pretty much beating a dead horse after a while… I feel that Halo 6 would be a good stopping point and then we can transition :slight_smile:

LOL at this.
yeah sure, just like Sony should retire Kratos and while were at it, lets Nintendo retire Mario.
I’m just like you a very big fan of the EU, but i don’t know if you know what kind of position the Master Chief is taking in,
not just in Halo but in the whole franchise and beyond.
Besides that, H5 was the first game featuring Blue Team.
Me and others waited over a decade for them to appear in a game and when we got them, we had them for like 3 missions.
Sure, i’d also like to see other Spartans if not every mentioned Spartan sometime in a game,
but not just for the sake of adding them. that would be total bs.
For now, 343 should definitely stick to Chief and Blue Team and focus on expanding their role.
The Chief deserved it being reunited with 'em and Blue Team deserved their screen time.
Everyone else may follow sometime, but they shouldn’t “replace” anyone, but rather getting their own niche.