RED FISH, BLUE FISH

We’ve only seen a handful of armor and weapon coatings since Halo Infinite has been announced, and the ones we’ve seen are pretty badass and all very unique. Monarch, Red Shift, Noble Defender, Watchdog, etc. All of them look very different from one another and no doubt there are dozens that we haven’t seen yet. Which coating is your favorite so far? If you could add one in, what would it look like?

My favorite so far has to be Watchdog. That polished aluminum, black and dark red just looks so prime.

They look good with the wear patterns but tbh I’m still salty they locked colors into them. That being said ‘Watchdog’ is where its at and where I’m heading. Just hit sr150. Id hope there is going to be a coating that will almost look like the armor is ‘fresh off the assembly line’ with no paint.

I’d like to see more for sure and also hear what there plans on for availability of these coatings at launch. Will everyone have access to a predetermined amount of them? Will people who actually purchase the game have access to additional coatings as opposed to the player who take advantage of the F2P model? Will exclusive coatings come with the higher end purchases (IE: limited, collectors, legendary/console editions)? Lots of questions still…

> 2533274809988140;2:
> The look good with the wear patterns but tbh im still salty they locked colors into them. That being said ‘Watchdog’ is where its at and where im hearding. Just hit sr150

That’s true, but in the long run I honestly think coatings will give us more ways to express ourselves. If there was only 20 coatings, that’d be one thing, but i’m fairly certain there’ll be a great many, one for every kind of player. We’ll just have to see how it looks in-game I reckon. And congrats bro! My brother just hit 150 as well, you’re almost there. I’m three quarters through 151 myself, almost there. Even with just under 4k players having 152, in the grand scheme of things that’s still extremely rare considering the estimated population for Infinite. That makes me happy. I’m all about standing out, and if I can look good while scaring noobs, that’s a fat bonus.

> 2533274882898126;3:
> > 2533274809988140;2:
> > The look good with the wear patterns but tbh im still salty they locked colors into them. That being said ‘Watchdog’ is where its at and where im hearding. Just hit sr150
>
> That’s true, but in the long run I honestly think coatings will give us more ways to express ourselves. If there was only 20 coatings, that’d be one thing, but i’m fairly certain there’ll be a great many, one for every kind of player. We’ll just have to see how it looks in-game I reckon. And congrats bro! My brother just hit 150 as well, you’re almost there. I’m three quarters through 151 myself, almost there. Even with just under 4k players having 152, in the grand scheme of things that’s still extremely rare considering the estimated population for Infinite. That makes me happy. I’m all about standing out, and if I can look good while scaring noobs, that’s a fat bonus.

Thanks! I set a number up I have to get everyday to accomplish the feat by September 1 and am ahead of schedule. I wonder what the other items they plan on giving out will be…I’d assume it’ll be an emblem or nameplate.

> 2533274809988140;4:
> > 2533274882898126;3:
> > > 2533274809988140;2:
> > > The look good with the wear patterns but tbh im still salty they locked colors into them. That being said ‘Watchdog’ is where its at and where im hearding. Just hit sr150
> >
> > That’s true, but in the long run I honestly think coatings will give us more ways to express ourselves. If there was only 20 coatings, that’d be one thing, but i’m fairly certain there’ll be a great many, one for every kind of player. We’ll just have to see how it looks in-game I reckon. And congrats bro! My brother just hit 150 as well, you’re almost there. I’m three quarters through 151 myself, almost there. Even with just under 4k players having 152, in the grand scheme of things that’s still extremely rare considering the estimated population for Infinite. That makes me happy. I’m all about standing out, and if I can look good while scaring noobs, that’s a fat bonus.
>
> Thanks! I set a number up I have to get everyday to accomplish the feat by September 1 and am ahead of schedule. I wonder what the other items they plan on giving out will be…I’d assume it’ll be an emblem or nameplate.

They did say that there was more coming for the 152 Legacy rewards. I think you’re right, could be an emblem or nameplate. I’m holding out for something like an armor effect, power weapon coatings or even vehicle coatings. It’s probably more likely gonna be an emblem though, I think you’re right. Whatever it is, you can bet your sweet bippy i’m rockin’ it in Infinite.

> 2533274809988140;4:
> > 2533274882898126;3:
> > > 2533274809988140;2:
> > > The look good with the wear patterns but tbh im still salty they locked colors into them. That being said ‘Watchdog’ is where its at and where im hearding. Just hit sr150
> >
> > That’s true, but in the long run I honestly think coatings will give us more ways to express ourselves. If there was only 20 coatings, that’d be one thing, but i’m fairly certain there’ll be a great many, one for every kind of player. We’ll just have to see how it looks in-game I reckon. And congrats bro! My brother just hit 150 as well, you’re almost there. I’m three quarters through 151 myself, almost there. Even with just under 4k players having 152, in the grand scheme of things that’s still extremely rare considering the estimated population for Infinite. That makes me happy. I’m all about standing out, and if I can look good while scaring noobs, that’s a fat bonus.
>
> Thanks! I set a number up I have to get everyday to accomplish the feat by September 1 and am ahead of schedule. I wonder what the other items they plan on giving out will be…I’d assume it’ll be an emblem or nameplate.

There are other possibilities too for Watchdog. We could see weapon charms or maybe a special animated nameplate or emblem, or even a visor if they felt so inclined. I can see it now, my Gen3 Spartan rocking the Watchdog set, clad in Recon and Scout slimmed down tactical armor. Oooooh I’m excited.

> 2533274882898126;1:
> Which coating is your favorite so far? If you could add one in, what would it look like?

I am in love with Scorpion Punch. The simple black with a red arm is so clean, and fierce.

Maybe there could be a series of armor coatings called Daybreak, High Noon, and Falling Sun.
Daybreak - Represents the sunrise. The spartan has black underarmor, and the actual armor is a deep red fading up to orange and then yellow at the helmet. (Think Lion King’s sunrise color scheme)
High Noon - Represents the middle of the day. White underarmor with a deep sky blue starting at the helmet that fades down to yellow.
Falling Sun - Represents sunset. Red underarmor with black starting at the helmet and a fade to purple at the legs.

I dig these color schemes. And after thinking of my own ways that color and texture work in a coating, I really believe 343i can and will create a massive log of sick looking armor coatings for us to choose from. The possibilities are endless, for 343i. The downside is that we can’t create our own. Maybe 343 could have community competitions where the fans are given a template, and they design their own coating, and turn it in, and 343 chooses 10 winners or something. Idk why 343 didn’t just give players the ability to choose specified regions of color and texture etc… makes me think that the amount of detail that goes into a coating is too much to have players replicate in-game.

> 2535432369270945;7:
> > 2533274882898126;1:
> > Which coating is your favorite so far? If you could add one in, what would it look like?
>
> I am in love with Scorpion Punch. The simple black with a red arm is so clean, and fierce.
>
> Maybe there could be a series of armor coatings called Daybreak, High Noon, and Falling Sun.
> Daybreak - Represents the sunrise. The spartan has black underarmor, and the actual armor is a deep red fading up to orange and then yellow at the helmet. (Think Lion King’s sunrise color scheme)
> High Noon - Represents the middle of the day. White underarmor with a deep sky blue starting at the helmet that fades down to yellow.
> Falling Sun - Represents sunset. Red underarmor with black starting at the helmet and a fade to purple at the legs.
>
> I dig these color schemes. And after thinking of my own ways that color and texture work in a coating, I really believe 343i can and will create a massive log of sick looking armor coatings for us to choose from. The possibilities are endless, for 343i. The downside is that we can’t create our own. Maybe 343 could have community competitions where the fans are given a template, and they design their own coating, and turn it in, and 343 chooses 10 winners or something. Idk why 343 didn’t just give players the ability to choose specified regions of color and texture etc… makes me think that the amount of detail that goes into a coating is too much to have players replicate in-game.

That sounds epic, you should see if 343 is hiring! And yeah I agree too, I think that 343i will have a blast making coating for us, and community coatings are for sure gonna be a thing in time. The coatings they’ve given are better than what I would’ve come up with.

My favorite is the Scorpion Punch because Black with Red is my favorite color combo

I would be extremely happy if there was kind of a Forerunner-esque armor coating. That ancient looking Forerunner metal with pulsing/flowing blue/gold/red/or whatever color accent lights that run across the armor plates. Or maybe a coating that looked like it was made from stone (not practical but would be cool). If they will even go that far, maybe even a reactive armor coating that would have a slight ripple effect when it was hit, or when you land after a fall/jump. My only worry is that 343 might limit themselves creatively, like if they have 20+ armor coatings but they are all just slightly different. Having some that are really unique would make it more worth trying to get them.

Some great ideas here. Hopefully 343 is thinking along the same lines. They will need to oversell the coatings concept to make up for taking away raw colour choices.

I would love if they had sports guernsey type coatings.

I would pay handsomely to run out in the colours / jumper of my favourite team. Go Hawks…

> 2533274796281786;10:
> I would be extremely happy if there was kind of a Forerunner-esque armor coating. That ancient looking Forerunner metal with pulsing/flowing blue/gold/red/or whatever color accent lights that run across the armor plates. Or maybe a coating that looked like it was made from stone (not practical but would be cool). If they will even go that far, maybe even a reactive armor coating that would have a slight ripple effect when it was hit, or when you land after a fall/jump. My only worry is that 343 might limit themselves creatively, like if they have 20+ armor coatings but they are all just slightly different. Having some that are really unique would make it more worth trying to get them.

That would be super super sick. I think 343 is really gonna let it rip as far as coatings go, it’s literally a creative playground with limitless possibilities. Plus, given the live-service nature of Halo Infinite, if it was a situation where most players weren’t happy with our coating selection, i’m very certain 343 would make an effort to appease us or even have community additions.

I’ll be fine with a digital black, sage, khaki armor coating. Or gunmetal grey with black accents.

Wait… 152SR want now mor rewards?

> 2533274861263132;14:
> Wait… 152SR want now mor rewards?

SR152 gets an armor coating, weapon coatings, and more unreleased content as a legacy reward.

Maybe Classic Rock themed coatings? I just think of Sergeant Johnson listening to rock music before being attacked by the Flood in Halo CE; “This stuff’s your history!”.
I don’t know if it’ll happen, due to licensing and stuff, and this idea does seem kinda random, but I can dream.

Guns’N’Roses - Black, red, and green, with silver and gold accents. “Key to Heaven”
AC/DC - Black and Gray with the signature lightning strike (Back in Black) “Black is Back”
Green Day - Black, with white hands and forearms, and red accents on the white (American Idiot) “Paradise”

These were the only bands I could characterize in an armor coating. Not only do these work with armor, but with vehicle and weapon skins.
As for the lore, maybe there are some classic rock fans in the UNSC besides Johnson?
No need to take this idea seriously, it’s just fun to think about.

Red Shift is the one I’m most happy with. It doesn’t look gaudy to me so that’s nice. I’m waiting for a navy blue skin to appear somewhere but until that happens I’m fine with what I have.

> 2535432369270945;16:
> Maybe Classic Rock themed coatings? I just think of Sergeant Johnson listening to rock music before being attacked by the Flood in Halo CE; “This stuff’s your history!”.
> I don’t know if it’ll happen, due to licensing and stuff, and this idea does seem kinda random, but I can dream.
>
> Guns’N’Roses - Black, red, and green, with silver and gold accents. “Key to Heaven”
> AC/DC - Black and Gray with the signature lightning strike (Back in Black) “Black is Back”
> Green Day - Black, with white hands and forearms, and red accents on the white (American Idiot) “Paradise”
>
> These were the only bands I could characterize in an armor coating. Not only do these work with armor, but with vehicle and weapon skins.
> As for the lore, maybe there are some classic rock fans in the UNSC besides Johnson?
> No need to take this idea seriously, it’s just fun to think about.

Kelly on Blue Team is into classic rock including Queen. But you calling Green Day classic makes me feel old and sad. :frowning:

Has it been confirmed that colors are locked with the coatings? So it’s not armor sets with custom colors like in previous games?

> 2533274866989456;19:
> Has it been confirmed that colors are locked with the coatings? So it’s not armor sets with custom colors like in previous games?

You have more individual customization with armor in Infinite than any other Halo. So you can customize your armor just like in Reach. But for colors, instead of choosing a primary and secondary and that’s it, you have a huge range of customization with coatings, which are essentially the same functionally as weapon skins. They come in a variety of color combinations, materials, paint patterns, dirt, wear/tear, etc. So even though you can’t manually choose, say, orange and black, you’ll have a few different orange and black options to choose from all varying in dirt and wear and material, etc.