Red Bar-ring

Is there a reason why a three shoot, beat down sometimes doesn’t kill and instead leaves your opponent with a red shield and health bar?

Is there a trick to that?

To my knowledge it’s you’ve killed them a mili second faster. It’s the only consistent thing I’ve seen so far

> 2533274848704527;1:
> Is there a reason why a three shoot, beat down sometimes doesn’t kill and instead leaves your opponent with a red shield and health bar?
>
> Is there a trick to that?

Are you asking if the three shot beat down kills you and not your opponent?

> 2535462450434439;2:
> To my knowledge it’s you’ve killed them a mili second faster. It’s the only consistent thing I’ve seen so far

Huh? Didn’t quite understand what you mean by “killed them a mili second faster”.

> 2533274824050480;3:
> > 2533274848704527;1:
> > Is there a reason why a three shoot, beat down sometimes doesn’t kill and instead leaves your opponent with a red shield and health bar?
> >
> > Is there a trick to that?
>
> Are you asking if the three shot beat down kills you and not your opponent?

Your opponent or whoever does it really.

> 2533274848704527;4:
> > 2535462450434439;2:
> > To my knowledge it’s you’ve killed them a mili second faster. It’s the only consistent thing I’ve seen so far
>
> Huh? Didn’t quite understand what you mean by “killed them a mili second faster”.

I’ll give you an example.
Someone shoots me 3 times and I shoot them 3 times. They finished shooting me first and we don’t immediately punch each other. My shields start recharging before his does but mine only charges for a millimeter because it only started charging for a mili second (a mili second comes before an actual second so it’s extremely fast some people call it an air second) and we punch each other I took all his health away giving me the kill but he took all my health besides that milimeter that recharged leaving me with a flashing red bar

> 2535462450434439;6:
> > 2533274848704527;4:
> > > 2535462450434439;2:
> > > To my knowledge it’s you’ve killed them a mili second faster. It’s the only consistent thing I’ve seen so far
> >
> > Huh? Didn’t quite understand what you mean by “killed them a mili second faster”.
>
> I’ll give you an example.
> Someone shoots me 3 times and I shoot them 3 times. They finished shooting me first and we don’t immediately punch each other. My shields start recharging before his does but mine only charges for a millimeter because it only started charging for a mili second (a mili second comes before an actual second so it’s extremely fast some people call it an air second) and we punch each other I took all his health away giving me the kill but he took all my health besides that milimeter that recharged leaving me with a flashing red bar

Oh- okay
No that wasn’t the case
The Melee was almost immediate
It takes 4 seconds for shields to recharge by the way.

> 2533274848704527;7:
> > 2535462450434439;6:
> > > 2533274848704527;4:
> > > > 2535462450434439;2:
> > > > To my knowledge it’s you’ve killed them a mili second faster. It’s the only consistent thing I’ve seen so far
> > >
> > > Huh? Didn’t quite understand what you mean by “killed them a mili second faster”.
> >
> > I’ll give you an example.
> > Someone shoots me 3 times and I shoot them 3 times. They finished shooting me first and we don’t immediately punch each other. My shields start recharging before his does but mine only charges for a millimeter because it only started charging for a mili second (a mili second comes before an actual second so it’s extremely fast some people call it an air second) and we punch each other I took all his health away giving me the kill but he took all my health besides that milimeter that recharged leaving me with a flashing red bar
>
> Oh- okay
> No that wasn’t the case
> The Melee was almost immediate
> It takes 4 seconds for shields to recharge by the way.

That was just an example. It can also work without the shield recharging. I’ve had it happen where I punched someone a split second faster and it gave me the kill and left me red baring. Probaly the hit detection in the game idk I’ve had times where we hit around the same time and you can see my fist to his face but it doesn’t give them kill and doesn’t register as a hit

> 2535462450434439;8:
> > 2533274848704527;7:
> > > 2535462450434439;6:
> > > > 2533274848704527;4:
> > > > > 2535462450434439;2:
> > > > > To my knowledge it’s you’ve killed them a mili second faster. It’s the only consistent thing I’ve seen so far
> > > >
> > > > Huh? Didn’t quite understand what you mean by “killed them a mili second faster”.
> > >
> > > I’ll give you an example.
> > > Someone shoots me 3 times and I shoot them 3 times. They finished shooting me first and we don’t immediately punch each other. My shields start recharging before his does but mine only charges for a millimeter because it only started charging for a mili second (a mili second comes before an actual second so it’s extremely fast some people call it an air second) and we punch each other I took all his health away giving me the kill but he took all my health besides that milimeter that recharged leaving me with a flashing red bar
> >
> > Oh- okay
> > No that wasn’t the case
> > The Melee was almost immediate
> > It takes 4 seconds for shields to recharge by the way.
>
> That was just an example. It can also work without the shield recharging. I’ve had it happen where I punched someone a split second faster and it gave me the kill and left me red baring. Probaly the hit detection in the game idk I’ve had times where we hit around the same time and you can see my fist to his face but it doesn’t give them kill and doesn’t register as a hit

These inconsistencies…

> 2533274848704527;1:
> Is there a reason why a three shoot, beat down sometimes doesn’t kill and instead leaves your opponent with a red shield and health bar?
>

it rarely happens to me

In Halo 3, trading was very common. Not so common now, I don’t know why. It’s like when you beat someone with a sword at the same time in any gametype in Halo 5, luck seems to be the only thing that matters here. Doesn’t matter if you use the melee button on the other guy, while he uses the charge button. You can’t beat people with melee skill in this game like you could in Halo 3.

You could literally beat each other with swords until the screen turned completely red back then.

> 2533274848704527;1:
>

You’re just the unlucky one. <\3

why is there a red bar arounf my GT in H5?

> 2533274825498421;13:
> why is there a red bar arounf my GT in H5?

You’re not making any sense

Please rephrase yourself

> 2533274848842493;11:
> In Halo 3, trading was very common. Not so common now, I don’t know why. It’s like when you beat someone with a sword at the same time in any gametype in Halo 5, luck seems to be the only thing that matters here. Doesn’t matter if you use the melee button on the other guy, while he uses the charge button. You can’t beat people with melee skill in this game like you could in Halo 3.
>
> You could literally beat each other with swords until the screen turned completely red back then.

The good old days lol

Trading in this game favors the person with the advantage. If your both 1 shot and the other guy has a sword and you beat eachother down at the sametime he swings his sword. the sword guy will get the kill still be alive because he has the advantage.

Also in this game it’s a mechanic that if both players are at sufficiently low shields for a one melee to kill, but the other player has slightly more shields/health remaining than you then you’re dead and he is left red barring. That’s why it’s important to try and get a one final shot in at the same time you melee to try guarantee a kill instead of a trade.

Please don’t revive old topics, thanks