Recruit prime avatar item now available.

The LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE is now available in the marketplace. I love this game, but leave stuff like that to what it is supposed to be. I mean Fotus and that are available, not fair to people who spent a lot of money.

I do believe that the in-game armor for both Fotus and Prime are still exclusive though right?

I mean sure, releasing the avatars now seems like a kick in the groin for those who went out of their way to get the different special editions…but it’s not like they are giving them out for free. You’ll still have to purchase them from avatar marketplace.

I don’t think they’ll ever release the in-game version of the above armors.

I call bull-YOINK-.
This is completely wrong IMO. First they say its exclusive but then its the marketplace?

And im angry at this also because i got both console and LE.

It’s an avatar item calm your sack. Honestly the one that matters is the ingame armor and it is still exclusive. Also don’t tell me “oh you don’t understand because you don’t have it”. I could care less.

nothing is exclusive if you bought it with money, especially if itsjust a code they can make an infinite amount more of.

i dont see the problem…ppl who got the limited edition paid for it in the great $100 bndl…if they avatar item is for sale it no problem now if it was the actual in game armor i would be throwing a fit as well lol.

I bought Limited, but I would never specifically purchase any of that overpriced virtual garbage to decorate my so-very-special personal Xbox cartoon character. The ending of the exclusivity is something of a cheap shot, but what really gets me are the price tags they stick on this junk. It’s almost non-content, just a step above the ubiquitous and nauseating “premium” Gamerpic packs. GJ paying money for sets of 120×120-pixel PNGs, consumers, and double GJ to MS for being daring enough to actually charge money for that. That nonsense is about as trivial as trivial gets.

> I do believe that the in-game armor for both Fotus and Prime are still exclusive though right?
>
> I mean sure, releasing the avatars now seems like a kick in the groin for those who went out of their way to get the different special editions…but it’s not like they are giving them out for free. You’ll still have to purchase them from avatar marketplace.
>
> I don’t think they’ll ever release the in-game version of the above armors.

This is pretty much what I was going to say!

Does anyone actually buy Halo avatar armour though? I think I’ve bought some Star Wars stuff in the past, but all the halo outfits I have (several different ones) I’ve unlocked for free through different things.

The gold warrior armor that you got for watching the debates is on the marketplace too.

avatars are garbage anyway… anyone who actually spends money on them things… I don’t even know what to say. I know I got mine with my LCE, so that’ll always matter the most, other than that,… it’s avatar garbage so I’m not overly concerned.

> I bought Limited, but I would never specifically purchase any of that overpriced virtual garbage to decorate my so-very-special personal Xbox cartoon character. The ending of the exclusivity is something of a cheap shot, but what really gets me are the price tags they stick on this junk. It’s almost non-content, just a step above the ubiquitous and nauseating “premium” Gamerpic packs. GJ paying money for sets of 120×120-pixel PNGs, consumers, and double GJ to MS for being daring enough to actually charge money for that. That nonsense is about as trivial as trivial gets.

I’m going to have to agree with this guy.

Well I hope everyone has learned a leason about buying -Yoink!-/343 LE’s - remember this when H5 comes around.

> And im angry at this also because i got both console and LE.

Same here. I put the money down not because I wanted the game and console.

But it was very awesome to stand out as being a person that purchased both.

I wear the FOTUS armor and my emblem is the Eagle.

Shows I have both. If they sell it to the randoms, then that is dumb.

All of it is available, the FOTUS avatar armor, crawler prop, cryo tube prop, recruit prime armor and even the UNSC eagle t-shirt from the LE controller.

No idea the reasoning behind this since they don’t plan to release the corresponding items in-game…

As long as they don’t release my Deadeye helmet to the public I’m fine with them releasing special edition/preorder items. Never ever let my Deadeye helmet open to everyone >:D

Clearly no one actually read the product description carefully:

> Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:
> • Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin
> • Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
> • An exclusive in-game emblem
> • Xbox LIVE Avatar prop*
> • <mark>Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set*</mark>

It does not state that the avatar item is exclusive in any way.

as soon as I saw the rage and then “avatar” I was scared to what this world has come to.

If someone wants the avatar gear let them. If you’re hurt over this then you seek medical help as it’s just virtual gear.

Yeah sure if it was in-game armour I’d be slightly peed off about it but I wouldn’t mind as I’d expect something like that.

Didn’t this happen with CEA as well? you got a master chief avatar code if you got the limited edition or pre-ordered it (can’t remember which) but you could still buy it in the avatar store.

> as soon as I saw the rage and then “avatar” I was scared to what this world has come to.
>
> If someone wants the avatar gear let them. If you’re hurt over this then you seek medical help as it’s just virtual gear.
>
> Yeah sure if it was in-game armour I’d be slightly peed off about it but I wouldn’t mind as I’d expect something like that.
>
> Didn’t this happen with CEA as well? you got a master chief avatar code if you got the limited edition or pre-ordered it (can’t remember which) but you could still buy it in the avatar store.

You’re missing the point. It doesn’t matter whether you find Avatar items worthless or not, it’s still not OK to say they’re exclusive to a product only to then release them anyway. That’s not right, no matter what you’re talking about.

Anyway, I think it’s the in-game armor and emblem that was meant to be unique, not the avatar stuff.

are you guys seriously upset over avatar items? sigh

> > as soon as I saw the rage and then “avatar” I was scared to what this world has come to.
> >
> > If someone wants the avatar gear let them. If you’re hurt over this then you seek medical help as it’s just virtual gear.
> >
> > Yeah sure if it was in-game armour I’d be slightly peed off about it but I wouldn’t mind as I’d expect something like that.
> >
> > Didn’t this happen with CEA as well? you got a master chief avatar code if you got the limited edition or pre-ordered it (can’t remember which) but you could still buy it in the avatar store.
>
> You’re missing the point. It doesn’t matter whether you find Avatar items worthless or not, it’s still not OK to say they’re exclusive to a product only to then release them anyway. That’s not right, no matter what you’re talking about.
>
> Anyway, I think it’s the in-game armor and emblem that was meant to be unique, not the avatar stuff.

I’m sure the Avatar was never unique and was not to be code only anyway? If the company says in big print “Exclusive avatar gear only with limited edition” then sure go rage. But I don’t remember anything like that. But even if they do say “only with” it doesn’t mean they won’t sell it on the market place just that bundle comes with the code.