Recording Halo content on Youtube...

I got a new capture card for my xbox and I’ve been wanting to record some Halo 4 gameplay, but I remember that Microsoft released a statement saying your not allowed to record any content thats under Microsoft for money or something like that. Can someone clarify this for me I would greatly appreciate it.

P.S. Is this is true, how come Halo4follower has his videos monetize.

Personally I think HaloFollower gets to do what he does because he is pretty general predictions with snippets of screenshots and stuff. That said I didn’t know his videos were monetized, are they?

Well you don’t have to monetize your videos.

I know that, but if he gets to make money off his videos why not me?

Yeah they are. A ad pops up on at the beginning of his videos. Plus I think he has a partnership with youtube as well.

> Well you don’t have to monetize your videos.

I believe the deal is that you are not allowed to monetize a YouTube video with Halo content unless you enter into an agreement with Microsoft. You are apparently not allowed to use the word “Halo” in the title of your video.

I think it is set forth in the Xbox Live terms of use which were modified about a month or so ago with these new rules.

that policy is for big companies such as MLG and -Yoink!-

You can, but you need to enter the disclaimer. And you can’t sell any DVD’s or anything that involves it. BTW, here’s my gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt8vhqpelb4

Also, the rules apply to all Xbox exclusive games, not just Halo.

You are suppose to post a statement in you description:

“[Name of the Microsoft Game] © Microsoft Corporation. [The title of your Item] was created under Microsoft’s “Game Content Usage Rules” using assets from [Name of the Microsoft Game]. It is not endorsed by Microsoft and does not reflect the views or opinions of Microsoft or anyone officially involved in producing or managing [Name of the Microsoft Game]. As such, it does not contribute to the official narrative of the fictional universe, if applicable.”

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/developer/rules

Is you ever monetize your videos? (cool channel by the way).

> I got a new capture card for my xbox and I’ve been wanting to record some Halo 4 gameplay, but I remember that Microsoft released a statement saying your not allowed to record any content thats under Microsoft for money or something like that. Can someone clarify this for me I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> P.S. Is this is true, how come Halo4follower has his videos monetize.

I’m in youtube to I am able to monetize my videos too. First you have to get a youtube partnership in order to monetize but honestly you don;t get rich just saying. In total I’ve only made 200.16 dollars but youtube only pays you every 100 dollars you make.well at least for me they did

You’ll be fine. Tons of people make Halo vids (including myself) and nothing has ever happened. Just don’t spam it.