Recon Layout: Seriously 343 wtf !?

The community complained about this when it was first annouced, and I thought 343 would take this into consideration and fix the problem, instead they just ignored it.

Now anyone using the Recon button layout is at an automatic disadvantage due to the akward positioning of the sprint. You can’t sprint and operate your right stick at the same time, which completely cripples Recon users.

Is it really that difficult to switch the left bumber and the “X” button 343 ?
Answer: Absolutely not.

Do not neglect us !

You can tap x then put your thumb back on the stick

Why are you assuming that you must hold X to sprint?

> You can tap x then put your thumb back on the stick

Considering most AAs are toggles it would make much more sense for it to take the place of the button, rather than the bumber.

I think Recon is one of the best controller schemes… the other ones have Crouch on B so… that means i can’t look around… or i need to put on it on Toggle… but i’ll go with Recon now… Instead of my trusty Default…

> > You can tap x then put your thumb back on the stick
>
> Considering <mark>most</mark> AAs are toggles it would make much more sense for it to take the place of the button, rather than the bumber.

Most is the key word here, as in not all. Sprint is a togglable ability, thus “X” is just fine.

because the split nano-second in between taking your finger off left thumbstick and pressing X is so insanely critical to life or death situations

> The community complained about this when it was first annouced, and I thought 343 would take this into consideration and fix the problem, instead they just ignored it.
>
> Now anyone using the Recon button layout is at an automatic disadvantage due to the akward positioning of the sprint. You can’t sprint and operate your right stick at the same time, which completely cripples Recon users.
>
> Is it really that difficult to switch the left bumber and the “X” button 343 ?
> Answer: Absolutely not.
>
> Do not neglect us !

Dude they swapped two buttons from the previous … chill out

I’m not bothered that Sprint is on the X button.

For all we know we can just tap the button to sprint.

> because the split nano-second in between taking your finger off left thumbstick and pressing X is so insanely critical to life or death situations

In some cases yes. I’m certainly never going to need PV enough that it deserves the bumber.

> I think Recon is one of the best controller schemes… the other ones have Crouch on B so… that means i can’t look around… or i need to put on it on Toggle… but i’ll go with Recon now… Instead of my trusty Default…

Same

> > > You can tap x then put your thumb back on the stick
> >
> > Considering <mark>most</mark> AAs are toggles it would make much more sense for it to take the place of the button, rather than the bumber.
>
> Most is the key word here, as in not all. Sprint is a togglable ability, thus “X” is just fine.

The only time it is a real benefit for me to move my perspective with an AA is if i’m using Hardlight. Seeing that the bumber is more convienent to use would it not be more suited to function with the ability that will improve my mobility, instead of occupying a button that can hinder it ?

My bumper jumper looks to be just fine, I’m happy about that.

> > > > You can tap x then put your thumb back on the stick
> > >
> > > Considering <mark>most</mark> AAs are toggles it would make much more sense for it to take the place of the button, rather than the bumber.
> >
> > Most is the key word here, as in not all. Sprint is a togglable ability, thus “X” is just fine.
>
> The only time it is a real benefit for me to move my perspective with an AA is if i’m using Hardlight. Seeing that the bumber is more convienent to use would it not be more suited to function with the ability that will improve my mobility, instead of occupying a button that can hinder it ?

Speaking as someone who uses Bumper Jumper in reach (thus “X” is my AA button), having Sprint on X does not hinder your mobility in anyway.

> > because the split nano-second in between taking your finger off left thumbstick and pressing X is so insanely critical to life or death situations
>
> In some cases yes. I’m certainly never going to need PV enough that it deserves the bumber.

dude how long does it take you to move your thumb from left thumbstick to the X? In a case where that transition gave the enemy time enough to kill you chances are you were meant to die anyway.

> > > > > You can tap x then put your thumb back on the stick
> > > >
> > > > Considering <mark>most</mark> AAs are toggles it would make much more sense for it to take the place of the button, rather than the bumber.
> > >
> > > Most is the key word here, as in not all. Sprint is a togglable ability, thus “X” is just fine.
> >
> > The only time it is a real benefit for me to move my perspective with an AA is if i’m using Hardlight. Seeing that the bumber is more convienent to use would it not be more suited to function with the ability that will improve my mobility, instead of occupying a button that can hinder it ?
>
> Speaking as someone who uses Bumper Jumper in reach (thus “X” is my AA button), having Sprint on X does not hinder your mobility in anyway.

Sprint only moves you in one direction. Say I need to move in any of the others, instead of simply turning and sprinting all in one fluid motion, I have to turn, tap the button, and move.

It’s clunky and inconveinent.

What possible benefit do I have with having AAs on my bumber rather than the button ?

armor ability CAN’T be on X otherwise you wont be able to use some stuff such as jetpack and look around at the same time.

> > > > > > You can tap x then put your thumb back on the stick
> > > > >
> > > > > Considering <mark>most</mark> AAs are toggles it would make much more sense for it to take the place of the button, rather than the bumber.
> > > >
> > > > Most is the key word here, as in not all. Sprint is a togglable ability, thus “X” is just fine.
> > >
> > > The only time it is a real benefit for me to move my perspective with an AA is if i’m using Hardlight. Seeing that the bumber is more convienent to use would it not be more suited to function with the ability that will improve my mobility, instead of occupying a button that can hinder it ?
> >
> > Speaking as someone who uses Bumper Jumper in reach (thus “X” is my AA button), having Sprint on X does not hinder your mobility in anyway.
>
> Sprint only moves you in one direction. Say I need to move in any of the others, instead of simply turning and sprinting all in one fluid motion, I have to turn, tap the button, and move.
>
> It’s clunky and inconveinent.
>
> What possible benefit do I have with having AAs on my bumber rather than the button ?

The benefit of actually being able to use the hold down button aa’s, And what you said would take me 1/8 of a sec to do, calm down.

Melee being B and Reload being RB is my problem. Activating sprint, reloading or jacking a vehicle does not need as much aim control as meleeing someone.

Recon and BJ are different in Reach in that your AA or your jump is your main focus for LB being either’s use. Either you can jump and aim or you can AA and aim, but to have both is tricky so it’s either or you claw it.
In H4, it goes beyond classic mobility being your main movement, meleeing with B is forcing me to go back a generation on control scheme improvements, not use the next-gen options.
The next-gen Xbox needs at least 2 more buttons, preferably the bumpers split into 2.

> > > because the split nano-second in between taking your finger off left thumbstick and pressing X is so insanely critical to life or death situations
> >
> > In some cases yes. I’m certainly never going to need PV enough that it deserves the bumber.
>
> dude how long does it take you to move your thumb from left thumbstick to the X? In a case where that transition gave the enemy time enough to kill you chances are you were meant to die anyway.

Hold on let me time it ! You’re saying that if I were to enter a room and instantly drop shields due to an enemy grenade, and I could’nt sprint out quite as fast as I should because of my control setting, that Fate dictates my outcome?