RECON layout for buttons

Do you think using x to sprint will be very hard to do? How about switching grenades with the Dpad? The second your not gonna do in combat or bump into someone so I’m not concerned however the former may be annoying. Thoughts?

I always use recon. I think it may take some adjusting but not too much.

Is it hold x to run or take to run tap to stop ?

I’m a recon man, I’d rather have my AA be used with X. I’m use to sprinting with LB. But no doubt I’ll get use to it.

> I always use recon. I think it may take some adjusting but not too much.

a minimal adjustment, to switch grenades looks a bit tricky, I have been dry runs while playing Reach. Still trying to get it to where I dont take a thumb off either stick, mostly the left stick.

> Is it hold x to run or take to run tap to stop ?

It’s like Reach you just press it once and go.

> > Is it hold x to run or take to run tap to stop ?
>
> It’s like Reach you just press it once and go.

I’m just worried about that half a second longer it takes to stop sprinting if two people sprint into each oter

> I’m a recon man, I’d rather have my AA be used with X. I’m use to sprinting with LB. But no doubt I’ll get use to it.

Well if the AA’s were on X you would have difficulty using such things like Jetpack and the Thruster unless you hook your index. I did enjoy sprint (And well all AA’s) being on LB in reach but sprint barely has any circumstances that require precision aiming.

I also recall this being an issue with bumper jumper in reach. Alot of people went with BumpJump because you didn’t need to let go of the right control stick but they forced you to with AA’s being on X. I literally never heard the end of why my friend hated jetpacks in Reach.

> > I’m a recon man, I’d rather have my AA be used with X. I’m use to sprinting with LB. But no doubt I’ll get use to it.
>
> Well if the AA’s were on X you would have difficulty using such things like Jetpack and the Thruster unless you hook your index. I did enjoy sprint (And well all AA’s) being on LB in reach but sprint barely has any circumstances that require precision aiming.
>
> I also recall this being an issue with bumper jumper in reach. Alot of people went with BumpJump because you didn’t need to let go of the right control stick but they forced you to with AA’s being on X. I literally never heard the end of why my friend hated jetpacks in Reach.

Yeah the controller is really starting to get crowded. Especially when the Dpad is for grenades!

In Reach I use Bumper Jumper, so I use X to sprint. It feels perfectly fine since you only have to tap it to sprint. I’m assuming it’s going to work the same way in Halo 4 so I wouldn’t worry about it.

Just a few days ago when I was playing REACH, while using the Recon Button layout, I accidentally pressed X to sprint…like 5 times.

I often switch grenades whilst fighting the enemy in mid-battle. The new controls for changing grenades will make this extremely difficult. That’s my largest problem with the new Recon controller layout.

Recon + claw grip = Best. It’s what gets me my good games.

Fishstick imo.

i don’t like it, but i will have to stuck with it, it’s the only one i know, the others are codishy but i don’t want to stick with them, if only the sprint was in the LB,

cause i can’t run pressing x and looking at the same time, but with LB on it i can.

I switched my controls to Recon when I was at the Eurogamer Expo, and it played pretty much flawlessly. X to spring is no biggie at all because you just tap it and away you go, steer with the right stick as usual, stop by pulling back on the left.

Grenades on the d-pad will be trickier to get used to, though. :confused:

> i don’t like it, but i will have to stuck with it, it’s the only one i know, the others are codishy but i don’t want to stick with them, if only the sprint was in the LB,
>
> cause i can’t run pressing x and looking at the same time, but with LB on it i can.

Using claw grip you can.

> i don’t like it, but i will have to stuck with it, it’s the only one i know, the others are codishy but i don’t want to stick with them, if only the sprint was in the LB,
>
> cause i can’t run pressing x and looking at the same time, but with LB on it i can.

That is because CoD actually has a good control scheme. One of the few good things about it. It also lets you use pretty much the same controls for CoD, Battlefield, Halo, Borderlands, and some others I am missing.

> > i don’t like it, but i will have to stuck with it, it’s the only one i know, the others are codishy but i don’t want to stick with them, if only the sprint was in the LB,
> >
> > cause i can’t run pressing x and looking at the same time, but with LB on it i can.
>
> Using claw grip you can.

What is this claw grip you speak of? Linky?

I’m used to tapping x to spring and backing up to stop sprinting so I’ll be fine using bumper jumper. I prefer mobility and dexterity over armor abilities.