recon equivalent reward in h4

So as the thread title suggests should Recon or a new armour set be awarded to players who pull off amazing or hilarious feats or for creating excellent maps etc. (By excellent I mean mind blowing) So let me know what your thoughts are!

I wouldn’t mind but a lot of people hate on things like that because they can’t get it. Or it gets “old.”

I’d prefer if it was given to everyone for doing a set of challenges like Vidmasters.
More challenging than H3’s ‘reach lieutenant’ or ‘have 7xp in a playlist on the 7th of a month’.
The others Vidmasters were great.

> I wouldn’t mind but a lot of people hate on things like that because they can’t get it. Or it gets “old.”

Or because a select amount of people can get it, and then you scam artist out there who troll around in match making and send you messages after a game saying “Send me X amount of Microsoft points, and I will unlock Recon for Halo 3, ODST, Reach, and Halo 4”, nothing is more annoying than that, it’s not like they send the message to people who might want it, no they send it to EVERY ONE, even those who already have it.

> > I wouldn’t mind but a lot of people hate on things like that because they can’t get it. Or it gets “old.”
>
> Or because a select amount of people can get it, and then you scam artist out there who troll around in match making and send you messages after a game saying “Send me X amount of Microsoft points, and I will unlock Recon for Halo 3, ODST, Reach, and Halo 4”, nothing is more annoying than that, it’s not like they send the message to people who might want it, no they send it to EVERY ONE, even those who already have it.

^^^This exactly

Seriously nothing bs plz. I also hate when people reply “you fell for it so its your fault” that is a lame excuse and according to microsoft is not a good enough arguement to support scamming. I personally took action against one player, knowing how MS would act about the huge MW2 10th prestige hacks i joined and guy who spammed me for 10 days in a row and gave him MSP and ofcourse knowing he was going to scam me i had video, message recorded, and redeem code right at hand, his GT, called 1(800)4MYXBOX told then what happened. Got my MSP back and he got perma banned.

So no i dont want these cause its gonna cause scams to be too much of a problem. give try hards a title that means nothing ingame and that way everyone can get armor but the try hards want to feel good still have a title they can run around with while the armors for machinima use or w/e are easy to obtain still.

Ok, but only if they’re achievable offline aswell.

> Ok, but only if they’re achievable offline aswell.

^^yes and single player

> I’d prefer if it was given to everyone for doing a set of challenges like Vidmasters.
> More challenging than H3’s ‘reach lieutenant’ or ‘have 7xp in a playlist on the 7th of a month’.
> The others Vidmasters were great.

I’d like to see something like this too. Annual, Endure, and Déjà Vu were all incerdibly fun and challenging achievements.

Although, I’d also be fine with giving those members of the community who actually do something good for the whole community to get something. Not anything big, but something like a smalll nameplate. But not really armor, people get way too interested in that.

No. I hate it when there is content in the disk itself, but the developers keep it locked from everyone. It is annoying and makes a lot of people feel like they did not buy a full product. No 343i only armor. If they want everyone to know that they are 343i, they should just use a 343i nameplate in Halo 4.

> No. I hate it when there is content in the disk itself, but the developers keep it locked from everyone. It is annoying and makes a lot of people feel like they did not buy a full product. No 343i only armor. If they want everyone to know that they are 343i, they should just use a 343i nameplate in Halo 4.

actually i had the same kinda thought but instead they where a mark 6 body armor that players already have and it just has 343i on the front chest plate of the armor. there for everyone got the content but 343i can express there way to tell they are the devs. i hate DLC personally. its not the same like H2 where it was build because people wanted it and bungie made it for us on a disc and it became so popular it made DLC so common that now they plan it.

Halo 2 you payed your $60 and people just asked for certain remakes or new maps and we got em. Now when they make maps its like “we have 30 maps but we will only give then 15 and sell the rest as DLC” its already been planned and done thats whats messed up. MW3 Elite anyone? lol

i agree, there should be a recon equivilent in halo 4 but its as hard to get as it was in halo 3 and no one knows how to get it to start with other than it being given out for outstanding feats in the halo community by 343i

> i agree, there should be a recon equivilent in halo 4 but its as hard to get as it was in halo 3 and no one knows how to get it to start with other than it being given out for outstanding feats in the halo community by 343i

nope disagree

I’d rather there wasn’t. The 7th on the 7 thing was one of the stupidest ideas for an achievement ever. An achievement where you have to play the game this way on this date? So much no I can’t even comprehend it.

aka: arbiter armor equivilant for the elites, that would be epic…
maybe an armor effect…

I like the Vidmaster way of doing things. But no MP Vidmasters only Co-op/ Firefight stuff. But I like the idea of some guy running around looking like a beast because he did the achievements or made a positive contribution to the community!

The original Recon reward formula must change then.

Where’s the skill/feat in being splattered by a street cone in a mp/matchmaking match?

Now setting up a huge pinball machine or an elaborate golf ball course in Forge. That’s Recon worthy.

I say there should be 2 rewards: 1 for luck (stuff like this), 1 for skills/feats/innovations/inventions. To be specific, Elite recon armor variant for luck.

I mean Chieftains that jump across the map, even more than Jump Pack Brutes. That’s lucky, really lucky.

> I’d rather there wasn’t. The 7th on the 7 thing was one of the stupidest ideas for an achievement ever. An achievement where you have to play the game this way on this date? So much no I can’t even comprehend it.

7 on the 7th: Have 7xp in any playlist on the 7th day of any month.
It’s not a hard concept not is it difficult to do.

Anyways I wouldn’t mind a “Recon” in Halo 4. Whether it’s unlock by incredible feats or Vidmasters I don’t care either way.

Wait, which Recon?

Halo 3 Recon: All players will do just about anything to get this piece of amrour and get all the achievements. (It was very special just to play with a guy who had recon)

or

Halo Reach Recon: No value whatever and you can easily purchase it at a certain rank. (no one cared if you had recon)

Hopefully, you mean the Halo 3 recon. The equivalent should have to involve achievements, as anything else would be too easy. It should involve a feat that only with time, skill, and dedication should achieve. The new Recon should be clearly visible for all to see in game, and in the game lobby.

I hope not, but its likely it will.

Although 343i SHOULD make a few statements about it on how it is available to people and what you need to do for it, similar to what Bungie did for the Star Nameplates, they had no idea what use it would serve when it was first showed to us then that did some competition for it.

343i should explain it in a Bulletin that the armour will be given to those who do something worthy, but hopefully a lot harder than ‘splattering someone with a cone’.

> Wait, which Recon?
>
> Halo 3 Recon: All players will do just about anything to get this piece of amrour and get all the achievements. (It was very special just to play with a guy who had recon)
>
> or
>
> Halo Reach Recon: No value whatever and you can easily purchase it at a certain rank. (no one cared if you had recon)
>
> Hopefully, you mean the Halo 3 recon. The equivalent should have to involve achievements, as anything else would be too easy. It should involve a feat that only with time, skill, and dedication should achieve. The new Recon should be clearly visible for all to see in game, and in the game lobby.

Yes Halo 3 Recon. Reach ruined the “Recon” name!