Recommendations to the Halo Waypoint Forum.

Since the forums are going into gamma I expect the following:

-A forum for each game (Halo 4, Halo CEA, Halo Reach and then a single forum for previous Halo games).
-A ‘My topics’ section.
-A ‘My favourite topics’ section.
-A 'Topics I’ve replies to section.

I also expect there to be more replies per page and more forum topics on the page where you select the topic you want to go into. Like 5 topics at the moment are created by bs angel. We need more topics on the front page and specially if there not going to have different forums for each game.

What do you think of my ideas?
How could they be improved?
Which ones do you like/dislike and why?

I would like to be able to view all my forum posts from my profile, and view others’ posts from theirs. I would also like the option to hide my previous posts from users viewing my profile.

> I would like to be able to view all my forum posts from my profile, and view others’ posts from theirs. I would also like the option to hide my previous posts from users viewing my profile.

Yes, but first we need to be able to view our topics, replies and have a favourites list for all those threads I loved that I could of added to a favourites list are now buried way down there >>>>

There is a pretty big thread on this already. BS Angel said in the “What’s Next for Waypoint” panel that a lot of these issues would be addressed. Here is the thread if you’re interested.

Forum Improvement Wishlist Link

> Since the forums are going into gamma I expect the following:
>
> -A forum for each game (Halo 4, Halo CEA, Halo Reach and then a single forum for previous Halo games).
> -A ‘My topics’ section.
> -A ‘My favourite topics’ section.
> -A 'Topics I’ve replies to section.
>
> I also expect there to be more replies per page and more forum topics on the page where you select the topic you want to go into. Like 5 topics at the moment are created by bs angel. We need more topics on the front page and specially if there not going to have different forums for each game.
>
> What do you think of my ideas?
> How could they be improved?
> Which ones do you like/dislike and why?

The forums aren’t going into gamma. Specific members are being invited to a gamma-testing phase. btw Link, did you get that invite yet?

> btw Link, did you get that invite yet?

Must have gotten lost in the mail …:’( lol

> > btw Link, did you get that invite yet?
>
> Must have gotten lost in the mail …:’( lol

It’s going to be delivered via a courier, no postmen required. Its almost like a strip-o-gram except with bb codes.

> > > btw Link, did you get that invite yet?
> >
> > Must have gotten lost in the mail …:’( lol
>
> It’s going to be delivered via a courier, no postmen required. Its almost like a strip-o-gram except with bb codes.

Kinda like Google Classic?

> > > btw Link, did you get that invite yet?
> >
> > Must have gotten lost in the mail …:’( lol
>
> It’s going to be delivered via a courier, no postmen required. Its almost like a strip-o-gram except with bb codes.

As long as it gets here that’s all that matters.

I’m just wondering what the big build up towards a new forum is all about.

Why not just buy pre-built forum software like IP Board Pro or something like that?

> I’m just wondering what the big build up towards a new forum is all about.
>
> Why not just buy pre-built forum software like IP Board Pro or something like that?

They are using a well known pre build forum software.

> > Since the forums are going into gamma I expect the following:
> >
> > -A forum for each game (Halo 4, Halo CEA, Halo Reach and then a single forum for previous Halo games).
> > -A ‘My topics’ section.
> > -A ‘My favourite topics’ section.
> > -A 'Topics I’ve replies to section.
> >
> > I also expect there to be more replies per page and more forum topics on the page where you select the topic you want to go into. Like 5 topics at the moment are created by bs angel. We need more topics on the front page and specially if there not going to have different forums for each game.
> >
> > What do you think of my ideas?
> > How could they be improved?
> > Which ones do you like/dislike and why?
>
> The forums aren’t going into gamma. Specific members are being invited to a gamma-testing phase. btw Link, did you get that invite yet?

Yeah, I know. The new forums will be released to the public in a while and I’m recommending ideas…?

> A forum for each game (Halo 4, Halo CEA, Halo Reach and then a single forum for previous Halo games).
> A ‘My topics’ section.
> A ‘My favourite topics’ section.
> A 'Topics I’ve replies to section.

1. No thank you.
  2. Would be cool.
  3. Not necessary, but could be cool.
  4. We already have it.

> > A forum for each game (Halo 4, Halo CEA, Halo Reach and then a single forum for previous Halo games).
> > A ‘My topics’ section.
> > A ‘My favourite topics’ section.
> > A 'Topics I’ve replies to section.
>
> 1. No thank you.
> 2. Would be cool.
> 3. Not necessary, but could be cool.
> 4. We already have it.

Then there will never be a population on these forums if they don’t have one for each game. If I want to talk about Halo 4, I don’t want to see every single other halo title discussions along with books and comics, the waypoint forum and I think even more. Individual forums are crucial.

I want to be able to sign into the forums without having to sign into Xbox.com first, I want to be able to see my Reach stats from my profile, and I want to be able to see my sent and received messages from my Private Messages box.

> I want to be able to sign into the forums without having to sign into Xbox.com first, I want to be able to see my Reach stats from my profile, and I want to be able to see my sent and received messages from my Private Messages box.

You can already sign in when your at the forums…