Recommendation For Online Noob

If I want to use a mid to long range weapon in MP, what gun do you suggest? I see most people using Battle Rifles so that was my guess but I’m currently equipped with a Light Rifle. Should I switch to that, keep the Light Rifle? Why is Battle Rifle preferred over Light Rifle (the latter costs more)?

BTW, I’m not really looking at sniping “full time” during a game so I need something that would I can shoot rather consecutively?

Edit: Halo 4 noob I should have said. I’ve played Halo 3 MP quite a bit back a few years ago.

There are sniper playlists, but have to be voted on.

Try the Battle Rifle. It’s the best gun and it’ll more than likely work for you.
Personally, I’m rubbish with it. I use the Covenant Carbine. It’s not as powerful but has a higher rate of fire. If you’re accurate and quick on the trigger, you can go toe to toe against the BR.

The BR is a four shot kill, if your last shot is a head shot. The Carbine is, I think seven, but if you’re quick and accurate, you’ll do fine with it.

I’m not very good with the Light Rifle, it seems to have a slight delay between pulling the trigger and firing and lag makes it worse.

But if sniping is your thing, go with the DMR. It has a 3x zoom and is great for cross-map shooting. People will get annoyed at you though. lol.

For me, here’s where I rank the precision weapons:

1. Carbine
  2. DMR
  3. BR
  4. Light Rifle

But that list is completely contingent on my gaming style and my strengths. Most people use the BR.

I like the Carbine also. I’m not a big fan of the Battle Rifle but I’m realizing the Light Rifle seems flimsy. Right now I guess it’s a toss between using the Carbine or DMR.

BTW, I saw this list posted. Not sure how accurate it is.

> I like the Carbine also. I’m not a big fan of the Battle Rifle but I’m realizing the Light Rifle seems flimsy. Right now I guess it’s a toss between using the Carbine or DMR.
>
> BTW, I saw this list posted. Not sure how accurate it is.
>
> Halo 4 Weapon Damage - Google Sheets

:It’s inaccurate. I use the LightRifle , it takes certain skills to use it effectively. However when used correctly, it can dominate even battle rifle users. The battle rifle is like easy-power one out of them all I Think.