Reclaimer [Cryptum Spoilers]

[The following contains some minor Halo Cryptum spoilers]

I want to throw a theory out there. It dawned upon me just now, so bear with me here. Through out the the Halo universe, several humans have been called Reclaimer by a number of Forerunner constructs, such as 343 Guilty Sparks. Now, the general concensus up until now has been that Forerunners are somehow related to humans, either as brethren or as descendants, spritiually or physically. The term “Reclaimer” have also been tied to this, as humanity was to reclaim their previous technology from the Forerunners, or the Mantle, their religion of preserving life inherited by them by the Precursors.
However, as Halo Cryptum has revealed, humanity was once a far more advanced species, and were at one time some 110 000 - 150 000 years ago almost on par with the Forerunners. What if the constructs didn’t mean them to reclaim the mantle and technology of the Forerunners, but rather the technology/history/re-evolvement of ancient humanity? Could this be what Master Chief will find on the Legendary Planet?

Some minor ramblings:)

hmm, thats actually quite interesting. i wondered about this myself.

Good theory, makes sense.

All ancient Human tech was destroyed, was it not?

Well in Cryptum it was briefly mentioned that Ancient Humanity disputed the Forerunners claim to the Mantle believing it belonged to them instead.

It could be that the Forerunner eventually came to believe them and decided to let Humanity “reclaim” its rightful place as the true bearers of the Mantle.

I don’t believe so. That sphere is forerunner by the way.

> It could be that the Forerunner eventually came to believe them and decided to let Humanity “reclaim” its rightful place as the true bearers of the Mantle.

After how badly the Forerunners handled the Flood during the Forerunner-Flood War, I;m inclined to agree with you on that. Whatever the reason though, hopefully the next Forerunner books elaborate on it.

> [The following contains some minor Halo Cryptum spoilers]
>
> I want to throw a theory out there. It dawned upon me just now, so bear with me here. Through out the the Halo universe, several humans have been called Reclaimer by a number of Forerunner constructs, such as 343 Guilty Sparks. Now, the general concensus up until now has been that Forerunners are somehow related to humans, either as brethren or as descendants, spritiually or physically. The term “Reclaimer” have also been tied to this, as humanity was to reclaim their previous technology from the Forerunners, or the Mantle, their religion of preserving life inherited by them by the Precursors.
> However, as Halo Cryptum has revealed, humanity was once a far more advanced species, and were at one time some 110 000 - 150 000 years ago almost on par with the Forerunners. What if the constructs didn’t mean them to reclaim the mantle and technology of the Forerunners, but rather the technology/history/re-evolvement of ancient humanity? Could this be what Master Chief will find on the Legendary Planet?
>
>
> Some minor ramblings:)

Sorry, but no. The term Reclaimer is a term for Humans, meaning they are to reclaim Forerunner technology and take up the Mantle. With minor exceptions, all of ancient Humanity’s footprint on the galaxy was erased.

I get where you’re getting the idea, and it’s good one, but I think, in the end, it’s incorrect. Sorry.