Reasons why the Dmr needs a nerf

With the most detrimental 1st -

1. Renders all other loadout weapons useless.

2. Encourages camping on big maps, turns the MM into long distance game of peek-a-boo

3. Is extremely easy to use, usually I’d use the AR, CC or BR, but recently whilst getting DMR mastery I really noticed for myself just how much Easyer it is to use

4. Hitscan, Bullet magnetism also no spread (e.g Light rifle and Battle rifle) does most vehicle damage, has fastest kill time of all loadout weapons (except some Automatics at VERY close range.

5. IMO the halo 4 war games would benefit greatly if the DMR was on a par with the other loadout weapons because it would be nice to see a variety of weapons used (as they should be with any class based game) and I think map flow would vastly increase.

Discuss.

I’ve been using the Carbine primarily for about a day now, and I’ve only been beaten by a DMR when fighting more than one person.

Can I see some video proof showcasing how the DMR is so overpowered? Because from my experience it appears far from it.

> I’ve been using the Carbine primarily for about a day now, and I’ve only been beaten by a DMR when fighting more than one person.
>
> Can I see some video proof showcasing how the DMR is so overpowered? Because from my experience it appears far from it.

you must be very lucky then, you should see eventually how bad the DMR can get when people abuse it.

Also if you are just good with the carbine you should thrash the DNR up close, which is probably where you are getting your experience from.

I will put a video on my fileshare shortly, I could give you a million clips of me being beaten by a DMR guy after I’ve had the 1st shot and not missed at all ranges… But this particular clip I found most distressing I actually Had a railgun (I repeatedly played this clip in detail) and I began to charge the moment the 1st Dmr shot hit me, now maybe i didn’t release the railgun as quickly as physically possible but close to it, and the DMR Drops me… I had a rail gun… And he beat me… I have a power weapon and he has a load out weapon… + we where about 10-15 feet apart, not even in the Dmr’s long range niche

> > I’ve been using the Carbine primarily for about a day now, and I’ve only been beaten by a DMR when fighting more than one person.
> >
> > Can I see some video proof showcasing how the DMR is so overpowered? Because from my experience it appears far from it.
>
> you must be very lucky then, you should see eventually how bad the DMR can get when people abuse it.
>
> Also if you are just good with the carbine you should thrash the DNR up close, which is probably where you are getting your experience from.

Agreed. I bet you where on either haven adrift or Abandon and you where most certainly not playing on BTB

> I will put a video on my fileshare shortly, I could give you a million clips of me being beaten by a DMR guy after I’ve had the 1st shot and not missed at all ranges… But this particular clip I found most distressing I actually Had a railgun (I repeatedly played this clip in detail) and I began to charge the moment the 1st Dmr shot hit me, now maybe i didn’t release the railgun as quickly as physically possible but close to it, and the DMR Drops me… I had a rail gun… And he beat me… I have a power weapon and he has a load out weapon… + we where about 10-15 feet apart, not even in the Dmr’s long range niche

I’m not sure that’s the DMR’s fault. That sounds like charging up a Splaser and expecting to beat someone with a BR that’s shooting you. Just because you have a power weapon doesn’t mean you trump everyone else, you need to know how to use it most effectively.

> I will put a video on my fileshare shortly, I could give you a million clips of me being beaten by a DMR guy after I’ve had the 1st shot and not missed at all ranges… But this particular clip I found most distressing I actually Had a railgun (I repeatedly played this clip in detail) and I began to charge the moment the 1st Dmr shot hit me, now maybe i didn’t release the railgun as quickly as physically possible but close to it, and the DMR Drops me… I had a rail gun… And he beat me… I have a power weapon and he has a load out weapon… + we where about 10-15 feet apart, not even in the Dmr’s long range niche

Just because you have a power weapon doesn’t mean you get to win any fight with a loadout weapon. This game isn’t played in a vacuum.

I merely meant how could a long range rifle beat a rail gun purely in kill time…

> I merely meant how could a long range rifle beat a rail gun purely in kill time…

The rail gun needs to charge up. Just like how the Spartan Laser has been since Halo 3, if you aren’t charging before they start shooting, then you’re a dead man.

Also, the Sniper Rifle is a long range rifle as well, and it can kill quicker than a rail gun.

I honestly don’t see why Mods allow these threads to keep popping up.
There needs to be a central location for feedback on weapons, maps, etc.

This forum has been beaten to death with everyone starting their own thread about the DMR, AR, Beam Rifle, etc.

No offense OP, just annoying.

> > I merely meant how could a long range rifle beat a rail gun purely in kill time…
>
> The rail gun needs to charge up. Just like how the Spartan Laser has been since Halo 3, if you aren’t charging before they start shooting, then you’re a dead man.
>
> Also, the Sniper Rifle is a long range rifle as well, and it can kill quicker than a rail gun.

The sniper is also a power weapon. And stop it to the spartan laser, the railgun is supposed to be a quick killing ordnance weapon. Please tell me one other ordnance weapon that has a slower kill time then a loadout weapon (other than the splaser because its designed to be better at killing vehicles then people)

The reason ordnance weapons are ordnance is because there too good to spawn with (apart from the anomaly which is the DMR)

1. Lower the assist/magnetism
  2. Reduce its red reticule range to be the same as the LR.
  3. Lower its firing rate to be the same as the BR.

> I honestly don’t see why Mods allow these threads to keep popping up.
> There needs to be a central location for feedback on weapons, maps, etc.
>
> This forum has been beaten to death with everyone starting their own thread about the DMR, AR, Beam Rifle, etc.
>
> No offense OP, just annoying.

Don’t list them “DMR, AR, Beam Rifle, etc.” like there’s ever a thread about any gun apart from the DMR and a very small portion the beam rifle

> > > I merely meant how could a long range rifle beat a rail gun purely in kill time…
> >
> > The rail gun needs to charge up. Just like how the Spartan Laser has been since Halo 3, if you aren’t charging before they start shooting, then you’re a dead man.
> >
> > Also, the Sniper Rifle is a long range rifle as well, and it can kill quicker than a rail gun.
>
> The sniper is also a power weapon. And stop it to the spartan laser, the railgun is supposed to be a quick killing ordnance weapon. Please tell me one other ordnance weapon that has a slower kill time then a loadout weapon (other than the splaser because its designed to be better at killing vehicles then people)
>
> The reason ordnance weapons are ordnance is because there too good to spawn with (apart from the anomaly which is the DMR)

Who said it was supposed to be quick-killing? If it were meant to be quick, then it wouldn’t have a charge in the first place.

The railgun was also designed for anti-personnel and anti-vehicle. Hence why it is a one hit kill to other Spartans, it’s supposed to damage vehicles and armored targets.

I keep comparing it to the Splaser, because it is a mini-splaser.

The DMR isnt overpowered, Your just bad with other weapons. :slight_smile:

> The DMR isnt overpowered, Your just bad with other weapons. :slight_smile:

DMR is way too OP and it seems you are just good with it…

> > > > I merely meant how could a long range rifle beat a rail gun purely in kill time…
> > >
> > > The rail gun needs to charge up. Just like how the Spartan Laser has been since Halo 3, if you aren’t charging before they start shooting, then you’re a dead man.
> > >
> > > Also, the Sniper Rifle is a long range rifle as well, and it can kill quicker than a rail gun.
> >
> > The sniper is also a power weapon. And stop it to the spartan laser, the railgun is supposed to be a quick killing ordnance weapon. Please tell me one other ordnance weapon that has a slower kill time then a loadout weapon (other than the splaser because its designed to be better at killing vehicles then people)
> >
> > The reason ordnance weapons are ordnance is because there too good to spawn with (apart from the anomaly which is the DMR)
>
> Who said it was supposed to be quick-killing? If it were meant to be quick, then it wouldn’t have a charge in the first place.
>
> The railgun was also designed for anti-personnel and anti-vehicle. Hence why it is a one hit kill to other Spartans, it’s supposed to damage vehicles and armored targets.
>
> I keep comparing it to the Splaser, because it is a mini-splaser.

Comparing the railgun to the dmr is not a good way to show the dmrs flaws.

A carbine is good to use if your aim is spot on. The reason why the dmr is a problem is because of its rate of fire. If you are using a light rifle of br against the dmr the dmr is able to get more shots off after your first shot and the only time you have a chance is if they miss. The problem is very noticeable when you take into account the absence of descope.

I was playing against an xbox live friend in a game of slayer pro on mlg octagon and he scoped in and used the dmr the whole game and even when we both used it, it was nothing but a spam fest. The dmr also causes more flinch.

The dmr can quickly bring you down with even body shots.

> > I’ve been using the Carbine primarily for about a day now, and I’ve only been beaten by a DMR when fighting more than one person.
> >
> > Can I see some video proof showcasing how the DMR is so overpowered? Because from my experience it appears far from it.
>
> you must be very lucky then, you should see eventually how bad the DMR can get when people abuse it.
>
> Also if you are just good with the carbine you should thrash the DNR up close, which is probably where you are getting your experience from.

It can’t be abused if there is no exploit to be abused.