Reasons why I cant stand the Halo community

I my self absolutely LOVE Halo and most of all playing it due to amazing story, re-playability, adrenaline filled multiplayer action, endless options to customize your game, of course Halo games always have flaws, so does every other game. No game is perfect, but for some reason most of the Halo community doesnt understand that.

1. IMPOSSIBLE TO ACCEPT DEFEAT

If I get an unusual score in a match like 45-2, it immediately means I mod, hack, cheat etc etc. So basically it isnt possible to succeed in Halo without any "outside " help

1. NEVER HAPPY
    No matter what 343i tries to do to improve the game it never is good or it doesnt make any tiny little difference to anything, because the community just simply likes to cry and whine 24/7.
    “This sucks, this is OP, That doesnt make any sence” etc.

2. NO APPRECIATION

You throw -Yoink- at the developers neck all the time and still DEMAND things which some are way over the top and simply too much to achieve. They are trying ffs, they have already admitted, that they have made mistakes and have learned alot by it. How many game studios have done that? Please, name one.

P.S Sorry for my bad english.

Everything popular has a fan base, some good, some bad… Halo is no exception… It’s not really something worth making a thread about…

That’s all folks, nothing to see or comment about here, just move along…

Halo, League of legends and CoD are among the worst, tbh I really dont see any other game fan base to have this bad reputation.

> Halo, League of legends and CoD are among the worst, tbh I really dont see any other game fan base to have this bad reputation.

Literally all fan bases are going to have people that you have described, no big deal, if they bother you that much just ignore them…

It’s not lie, they control the entire universe

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 1. IMPOSSIBLE TO ACCEPT DEFEAT
>
> If I get an unusual score in a match like 45-2, it immediately means I mod, hack, cheat etc etc. So basically it isnt possible to succeed in Halo without any "outside " help

You get this BS everywhere, don’t act like Halo is unique in its prevalence.

> 2. NEVER HAPPY
> No matter what 343i tries to do to improve the game it never is good or it doesnt make any tiny little difference to anything, because the community just simply likes to cry and whine 24/7.
> “This sucks, this is OP, That doesnt make any sence” etc.

It’s good that 343 are trying and their changes are welcomed. The only problem is THE TIME IT TOOK THEM. Jesus…11 months for -Yoink!- 1-flag, what a joke.

> 3. NO APPRECIATION
>
> You throw Yoink! at the developers neck all the time and still DEMAND things which some are way over the top and simply too much to achieve. They are trying ffs, they have already admitted, that they have made mistakes and have learned alot by it. How many game studios have done that? Please, name one.

It’s not all that hard to understand how people don’t give 343 the praise you do. I for one am tired of getting responses like “We’re currently assessing the feasibility” “We understand and are looking into it” “We understand and this is something we’d like to do in the future”.

Ah well would you look at that, music to my ears, our problems are being acknowledged. The problem is that 343 just leave it at that, and the community is left in the dark until some months down the track we hear, “That?..Yeah we couldn’t do that”.

1. Im talking about the experiences Ive experienced and in no other game that I have played has had this bad defeat acceptance.

2. They are working on multiple projects at the same time, DLC, Halo 5, Halo: Spartan assault who know what else. Its amazing they have had time to do anything. There are developers out there that havent done literally NOTHING to improve their game. Even though it has taken a long time for 343i to improve something, atleast they have DONE IT.

3. Not true, Title update? Legendary slayer? Forge island etc? They have done ALOT for the community and still are. You just have to appreciate what we have and stop looking only for negative things.

> 2. NEVER HAPPY
> No matter what 343i tries to do to improve the game it never is good or it doesnt make any tiny little difference to anything, because the community just simply likes to cry and whine 24/7.

Just because you attempt to fix or improve something doesn’t mean you actually HAVE fixed or improved it. But no, just chalk it up to crying and whining and not, you know, differing opinions from thousands of people who are not all the same. Crazy talk I know.

> 3. NO APPRECIATION
>
> You throw Yoink! at the developers neck all the time and still DEMAND things which some are way over the top and simply too much to achieve.

Maybe they shouldn’t lead us on for months on end with statements like “We’re looking into it” or “We have no current plans for that, but it might happen.” Just come out and say, “Yes” or “No”.

> They are trying ffs, they have already admitted, that they have made mistakes and have learned alot by it. <mark>How many game studios have done that? Please, name one.</mark>
>
> P.S Sorry for my bad english.

Valve.

> 1. Im talking about the experiences Ive experienced and in no other game that I have played has had this bad defeat acceptance.

Perhaps you genuinely haven’t experienced it, however I certainly have.

> 2. They are working on multiple projects at the same time, <mark>DLC, Halo 5, Halo: Spartan assault</mark> who know what else. <mark>Its amazing they have had time to do anything</mark>. There are developers out there that havent done literally NOTHING to improve their game. Even though it has taken a long time for 343i to improve something, atleast they have DONE IT.

You mean the DLC that we don’t get to play?
The game that should be delayed?
The game that wasn’t even entierly made by 343?

I don’t know what is more amazing. The time they’ve had to undertake other tasks, or the time they DIDN’T take in doing what they were meant to.

> 3. Not true, <mark>Title update?</mark> Legendary slayer? <mark>Forge island</mark>etc? They have done ALOT for the community and still are. You just have to appreciate what we have and stop looking only for negative things.

Would you be referring to the title update that took them 7 months?

As for Forge Island I was greatly disappointed with receiving the exact same forge palette, albeit with a few trees and rocks thrown in.

> 2. NEVER HAPPY

You know what I can’t stand? When someone lumps millions of players into the same bucket by assuming that every single one of them has the exact same opinion on everything. Whenever you introduce a gameplay change, however small it may be, there will always be people who will complain because they don’t like it and people who will argue with those people because they do like it. That doesn’t mean that all players are never happy; it means that you can’t please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

> 3. NO APPRECIATION
>
> You throw Yoink! at the developers neck all the time and still DEMAND things which some are way over the top and simply too much to achieve. They are trying ffs, they have already admitted, that they have made mistakes and have learned alot by it.

I’m sure they have. I’m hoping that Halo Xbox One is going to be great because they have (1) a full staff, (2) adequate time, and (3) a much better idea of what it takes to make a Halo game. That said, 343i has not done much with Halo 4 to make me believe that they are capable of fixing core problems in their games. Think about how long it took 343i to add a basic 4v4 Slayer gametype with 1 preset loadout and motion tracker enabled. Think about how long it took them to add a BR to that preset loadout. Think about how long it took them to fix the Spartan Assault Operation Hydra TU cloud save issue. Think about how long it took them to look into Campaign and Spartan Ops Theater before finally deciding they couldn’t do it. Think about how long it took them to integrate CSR, which wasn’t even an update to the game. Think about how long it took them to make file sharing work. Think about how long it took them to tell everyone that Champion’s Bundle content wouldn’t work in Spartan Ops. Think about how long it will have taken to fix the issues resulting from the Title Update from almost three months ago. Think about how long it will have taken them to integrate Neutral Flag into Matchmaking (and One Flag still isn’t there).

I very much appreciate that 343i is updating Halo 4, but I don’t understand why they’ve been so slow at it.

> > 2. NEVER HAPPY
> > No matter what 343i tries to do to improve the game it never is good or it doesnt make any tiny little difference to anything, because the community just simply likes to cry and whine 24/7.
> > “This sucks, this is OP, That doesnt make any sence” etc.
>
> Just because you attempt to fix or improve something doesn’t mean you actually HAVE fixed or improved it. But no, just chalk it up to crying and whining and not, you know, differing opinions from thousands of people who are not all the same. Crazy talk I know.
>
>
>
> > 3. NO APPRECIATION
> >
> > You throw Yoink! at the developers neck all the time and still DEMAND things which some are way over the top and simply too much to achieve.
>
> Maybe they shouldn’t lead us on for months on end with statements like “We’re looking into it” or “We have no current plans for that, but it might happen.” Just come out and say, “Yes” or “No”.
>
>
>
> > They are trying ffs, they have already admitted, that they have made mistakes and have learned alot by it. <mark>How many game studios have done that? Please, name one.</mark>
> >
> > P.S Sorry for my bad english.
>
> Valve.

Valve? Please, they can’t even count to 3, much less make updates on games that actually fix bugs and glitches

> Valve? Please, they can’t even count to 3, much less make updates on games that actually fix bugs and glitches

That sounds like every single game developer ever.

No offense pal but what makes you think anybody cares what you think of the Halo community?

I would think 343i prefers feedback from those who try and voice our opinions constructively (with some sideswipes thrown in, admittedly)or people that lash out at the community at large, throwing their proverbial toys out the pram?

As a community we have many different voices and opinions, which we are quite entitled to express.One opinion I have, is that this thread is pointless.

> > Valve? Please, they can’t even count to 3, much less make updates on games that actually fix bugs and glitches
>
> That sounds like every single game developer ever.

Not really, most developers make updates that actually help the game…

Valve makes hats…

Yeahhh…

> No offense pal but what makes you think anybody cares what you think of the Halo community?

@OP That’s an opinion, you know something every living person has. It is your opinion based on the people you met from the Halo Community that they are a bad community. However, based on the people I have met, I would say Halo has one of the better communities of games. Remember, one person doesn’t speak for all of us.

Sorry for not rolling over for 343 and allowing them to force feed me what I feel is a lacklustre Halo game.

I’m tired of this mentality that anyone who doesn’t like this game is a “whiner.” There are some bad apples in this community with ridiculous complaints, I don’t deny that, but the majority of posts on this forum are constrictive and fair in their criticism of Halo 4.

All I see here is a thread complaining about people who don’t like H4. I’m sorry, but people have every right to complain it. A lot of us feel 343 strayed too far away from what made Halo, Halo.

If we don’t make our concerns known, nothing will get done.

This game has the worst Customs, Forge and Theater of any entry into the franchise prior to this one to have those features and not to mention a horrendously unbalanced multiplayer. If our “whiny” complaints gets those things fixed in the next game, then you can be damn sure I’m going to keep on “whining.”

I’m sure you’d love for the forum to be an ocean of praise with no legitimate discussion or debate, but I don’t like the direction 343 have taken the series and I’m going to make my voice heard. Sorry if that offends you…

> > No offense pal but what makes you think anybody cares what you think of the Halo community?
>
> @OP That’s an opinion, you know something every living person has. It is your opinion based on the people you met from the Halo Community that they are a bad community. However, based on the people I have met, I would say Halo has one of the better communities of games. Remember, one person doesn’t speak for all of us.

Not sure why you quoted me to address OP but i’ll add this to my (slightly nonconstructive)reply; I don’t think a thread with an incendiary title and OP really encourages much reasonable debate.

> > Valve.
>
> Valve? Please, they can’t even count to 3, much less make updates on games that actually fix bugs and glitches

You know, we give them crap about that all the time, how they take forever to make sequels because they just don’t release a game if they don’t like how it’s turning out, but in all honesty, it would be extremely nice if 343 shared that same philosophy.

But, then again, Frankie apparently liked how it turned out, so, maybe not…

> > That sounds like every single game developer ever.
>
> Not really, most developers make updates that actually help the game…
>
> Valve makes hats…
>
> Yeahhh…

Fancy hats.

And to the OP, you’ve reinforced my resolve to make that “Rebuttals to common arguments” thread that I’ve been putting off forever, I really just need to get it done.

And I’ll reiterate what I’ve said before, “not once have I seen somebody defend Halo 4 without using insanely flawed logic.”

> I for one am tired of getting responses like “We’re currently assessing the feasibility” “We understand and are looking into it” “We understand and this is something we’d like to do in the future”.
>
> Ah well would you look at that, music to my ears, our problems are being acknowledged. The problem is that 343 just leave it at that, and the community is left in the dark until some months down the track we hear, “That?..Yeah we couldn’t do that”.

> Maybe they shouldn’t lead us on for months on end with statements like “We’re looking into it” or “We have no current plans for that, but it might happen.” Just come out and say, “Yes” or “No”.

Precisely these.

> > > Valve.
> >
> > Valve? Please, they can’t even count to 3, much less make updates on games that actually fix bugs and glitches
>
> You know, we give them crap about that all the time, how they take forever to make sequels because they just don’t release a game if they don’t like how it’s turning out, but in all honesty, it would be extremely nice if 343 shared that same philosophy.
>
> But, then again, Frankie apparently liked how it turned out, so, maybe not…
>
>
>
> > > That sounds like every single game developer ever.
> >
> > Not really, most developers make updates that actually help the game…
> >
> > Valve makes hats…
> >
> > Yeahhh…
>
> Fancy hats.
>
>
>
> And to the OP, you’ve reinforced my resolve to make that “Rebuttals to common arguments” thread that I’ve been putting off forever, I really just need to get it done.
>
> And I’ll reiterate what I’ve said before, “not once have I seen somebody defend Halo 4 without using insanely flawed logic.”

No, just no…

While i do agree that valve makes great games, when it comes to updates and bug fixes for tf2 and counter strike are either nonexistent or even worse… Hats are nice and flashy, but I’d rather see the wonky hit boxes and hit detection fixes, also fixing bugs that were in the game since FREAKING 2007!

And don’t forget left for dead 1’s oh so great multiplayer launch…
Let’s just say halo 4s population drop was like a timespan of years compared to left for dead…