Reasons why Halo 4 sucked and what 343i NEEDs

So im not saying 343i cant be trusted and that they killed Halo, im saying Halo 4 sucked, for their 1st game it was pretty bad, instead of writing a BIG LONG essay I found these videos on youtube which explain and compare Halo 4 to other Halos PLEASE watch so 343i can correct their mistakes to make Halo more Halo and less CoD.
Part 1

Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_2014997341&feature=iv&src_vid=cJ4w2BdsoyE&v=GXSrRVi8a3w

Post your opinions.

The videos are not loading properly. I watched the first one but it was a bit hard. So I’ll talk about the 1st video.

There are contradictions. First of all, less choice and halo 4 and all that? In the video he showed, a lot of the enemy team was distracted so he managed to pick them one by one. In halo 4 you still have right and wrong choices to make. The light rifle is a four shot at zoom and is designer for longer engagements. Engaging enemies at longer ranges with a weapon that’s designed for closer ranges is not exactly a smart choice. If you engage the enemy at closer ranges with the battle rifle, that’s a smarter choice. The Lightrifle has a slower kill time, very slow, at unzoomed. And strafing dodging is important. You can’t take out all the individual player skill and just leave the tactical mind to win. It’s a balance.

The DMR, in reach it bad way too much bloom. I was able to control it, someone once questioned me how I had the patience or timing or something for the bloom. But just because I was good at it dis not mean it was well. It was too long to kill, too random, sluggish and didn’t feel too good. It’s not about getting the longest time, it was about getting the right time. Why was the DMR overpowered at launch? Shortest kill time at all ranges minus Lightrifle zoomed. It could beat the battle rifle outside it’s role, which shouldn’t had. They changed that.

Halo 4 does have choice. Most of the primary weapons are now better balanced. What threw a lot of people is randomness, lack of direct control and rich get richer thing along with balance issues: Infinity settings.

I don’t think halo 4 sucks and is a big failure.
I think 343i did a good job form their first game.

What needs to be realized here is that 343 built a pretty impressive game for their first try. It looked great and had good game play. Yes it lacked in some areas but the the game was not a complete failure. The new game modes and style were an experiment that didn’t go as well as 343 had hoped. Despite this, they did not give up. They continued to release new content and game updates to keep people happy. I applaud their attention to the community and in my experience, I haven’t seen a company listen to feedback and change their game so much to meet the community’s needs. They know they made mistakes and I believe that it will be these mistakes that they will learn from and make Halo 5 a wonderful game.

> What needs to be realized here is that 343 built a pretty impressive game for their first try. It looked great and had good game play. Yes it lacked in some areas but the the game was not a complete failure. The new game modes and style were an experiment that didn’t go as well as 343 had hoped. Despite this, they did not give up. They continued to release new content and game updates to keep people happy. I applaud their attention to the community and in my experience, I haven’t seen a company listen to feedback and change their game so much to meet the community’s needs. They know they made mistakes and I believe that it will be these mistakes that they will learn from and make Halo 5 a wonderful game.

Personally I think they didn’t do enough but they still did things. And look at the quality of things. Halo 4 is still of impressive quality. It could be better and certain things are lacking but for instance, the animation quality is quite good. Smooth too. Beautiful visuals, a lot of customization, community creations, really good soundtrack, story, voice acting, things we take granted for. Things are perfect but there are things halo does so well and other games lack.

It’s not perfect but there’s quality in the game.

I didn’t watch the vids but I’ve seen a couple well thought out and respectful "Why Halo 4 Sucks " videos.

It all comes down to Halo being an Arena shooter not a custom loadout modern military shooter. There are enough “modern” shooters. Plus they’re only called modern because almost every shooter since 2007’s COD 4 is a form or twist of it. Counter Strike had laoduts in the 90s.

Everyone doesn’t like that stuff. COD is the best at it but its still imbalanced and frustrating. Fact is Halo 4 has the WORST load out system ever. Horrible imbalance at launch that took 8 months to address and we’re still stuck with perks and questionable AA balance.

Halo 4 MP(including SpOps) are just plain bad. Campaign was ok, story and voice acting were great. However levels and gameplay were no where near as expansive and epic as even Halo CE.

People say the community is split but its not. Build of HALO’s foundation, not Call of Duty, Counter-Strike, Battlefield, or whatever else is popular today.

> …
> People say the community is split but its not. Build of HALO’s foundation, not Call of Duty, Counter-Strike, Battlefield, or whatever else is popular today.

This should’ve been what was done in the first place.

It’d be like going to see Pulp Fiction 2 in theatres, only to find out after you’ve paid that it was directed by Michael Bay, and Samuel L Jackson was replaced as the main character by an explosion.

I bought Halo 4 because I expected it to be a Halo game; it’s not. On the surface, it looks like one, but the heart has been transplanted.

> What needs to be realized here is that 343 built a pretty impressive game for their first try. It looked great and had good game play. Yes it lacked in some areas but the the game was not a complete failure.

They had a pretty extensive foundation to build upon. They didn’t have to build it from the ground up.

> The new game modes and style were an experiment that didn’t go as well as 343 had hoped.

We can talk about style and game modes all day. The bottom line is that 343i changed Halo from an arena shooter into a class shooter. That is why the experiment failed.

> I applaud their attention to the community…

Um, what attention?

> and in my experience, I haven’t seen a company listen to feedback and change their game so much to meet the community’s needs.

I have. Bioware.
The main difference, I see, is that Bioware seemed to know (on some level) that they truly couldn’t salvage Mass Effect 3’s main story; but they tried anyway. I think 343i had a chance to save Halo, but decided to do the bare minimum; to appease people who were unhappy, instead of addressing the real problems.

> They know they made mistakes and I believe that it will be these mistakes that they will learn from and make Halo 5 a wonderful game.

I haven’t seen 343i acknowledge any of their mistakes, so I can’t believe that they will learn from them. If there have been such admissions, I would love to see them.

> > What needs to be realized here is that 343 built a pretty impressive game for their first try. It looked great and had good game play. Yes it lacked in some areas but the the game was not a complete failure.
>
> They had a pretty extensive foundation to build upon. They didn’t have to build it from the ground up.
>
>
>
> > The new game modes and style were an experiment that didn’t go as well as 343 had hoped.
>
> We can talk about style and game modes all day. The bottom line is that 343i changed Halo from an arena shooter into a class shooter. That is why the experiment failed.
>
>
>
> > I applaud their attention to the community…
>
> Um, what attention?
>
>
>
> > and in my experience, I haven’t seen a company listen to feedback and change their game so much to meet the community’s needs.
>
> I have. Bioware.
> The main difference, I see, is that Bioware seemed to know (on some level) that they truly couldn’t salvage Mass Effect 3’s main story; but they tried anyway. I think 343i had a chance to save Halo, but decided to do the bare minimum; to try and appease people who were unhappy, instead of addressing the real problems.
>
>
>
> > They know they made mistakes and I believe that it will be these mistakes that they will learn from and make Halo 5 a wonderful game.
>
> I haven’t seen 343i acknowledge any of their mistakes, so I can’t believe that they will learn from them. If there have been such admissions, I would love to see them.

I was thinking the same thing to all of that person’s points too.
Releasing an update 8 months after release, when everybody had already left for good, is not good acknowledgment of the community.

> I didn’t watch the vids but I’ve seen a couple well thought out and respectful "Why Halo 4 Sucks " videos.
>
> It all comes down to Halo being an Arena shooter not a custom loadout modern military shooter. There are enough “modern” shooters. Plus they’re only called modern because almost every shooter since 2007’s COD 4 is a form or twist of it. Counter Strike had laoduts in the 90s.
>
> Everyone doesn’t like that stuff. COD is the best at it but its still imbalanced and frustrating. Fact is Halo 4 has the WORST load out system ever. Horrible imbalance at launch that took 8 months to address and we’re still stuck with perks and questionable AA balance.
>
> Halo 4 MP(including SpOps) are just plain bad. Campaign was ok, story and voice acting were great. However levels and gameplay were no where near as expansive and epic as even Halo CE.
>
> People say the community is split but its not. Build of HALO’s foundation, not Call of Duty, Counter-Strike, Battlefield, or whatever else is popular today.

The videos are stating that Halo 4 and only 4 is becoming too much of a custom loadout modern military shooter

> The videos are not loading properly. I watched the first one but it was a bit hard. So I’ll talk about the 1st video.
>
> There are contradictions. First of all, less choice and halo 4 and all that? In the video he showed, a lot of the enemy team was distracted so he managed to pick them one by one. In halo 4 you still have right and wrong choices to make. The light rifle is a four shot at zoom and is designer for longer engagements. Engaging enemies at longer ranges with a weapon that’s designed for closer ranges is not exactly a smart choice. If you engage the enemy at closer ranges with the battle rifle, that’s a smarter choice. The Lightrifle has a slower kill time, very slow, at unzoomed. And strafing dodging is important. You can’t take out all the individual player skill and just leave the tactical mind to win. It’s a balance.
>
> The DMR, in reach it bad way too much bloom. I was able to control it, someone once questioned me how I had the patience or timing or something for the bloom. But just because I was good at it dis not mean it was well. It was too long to kill, too random, sluggish and didn’t feel too good. It’s not about getting the longest time, it was about getting the right time. Why was the DMR overpowered at launch? Shortest kill time at all ranges minus Lightrifle zoomed. It could beat the battle rifle outside it’s role, which shouldn’t had. They changed that.
>
> Halo 4 does have choice. Most of the primary weapons are now better balanced. What threw a lot of people is randomness, lack of direct control and rich get richer thing along with balance issues: Infinity settings.
>
> I don’t think halo 4 sucks and is a big failure.
> I think 343i did a good job form their first game.

huh weird, its working good for me and im on my laptop which sucks :frowning:

Ok, apparently I cant edit my original post, or I haven’t figured out how, so This video is saying that Halo has become a CoD game and has left its origins, AWESOME multiplayer skills required.
The campaign and forge and theater and other stuff was also BAD like for EX:
1)Short campaign and kill boss with 2 buttons CoD: short campaign and kill boos with 2 buttons
2)WAYYYY tooo much pressing that button that unlocks a door CoD: do repetitive kool things , BO1 keep on rappelling down
3) Emblems needed to be unlocked = no clan :frowning:
4) Armor, did anyone really like the armor? and why do we have to pay for previous armor like Mk5 and ODST?
5)forge sucks, no forge world,
6) No putting random weapons in players hand like loadouts in Reach
7)Theater was pretty bad due to player killed player thing that pops up
8) Weapon wont go down, is it really that hard?? apparently Spartans 4’s weren’t trained how to put their weapon down like Spartan 3s