Reasons for original Halo's over New plz read 343!

I honestly hate sprint, smart scope, spartan abilities, and all new Halo 5 things! 343 is trying too hard to make this game cool! They just can’t comprehend that Halo fans that have been playing since Combat Evolved, like myself, hate the direction that this franchise is headed… Please 343I, take Halo back to original multiplayer! You guys really messed up Halo! We understand that spartans are these incredibly advanced soldiers but you guys are trying too hard to make this game awesome! It’s basically turned into Advanced Warfare without double jump! Smart Scope is stupid… I would much rather have ADS than smart scope because it looks dumb and probably makes the game feel dumb. But Aim Down Sights doesn’t belong here either! Halo 2 and 3 are by far better Halo games than you guys will ever make unless you finally decide to take Halo back to its original feel! Halo is not the same competitive multiplayer it used to be. Please take this thread into consideration, you’re losing the biggest Halo fans!

> They just can’t comprehend that Halo fans that have been playing since Combat Evolved, like myself, hate the direction that this franchise is headed…

Don’t lump me in with your dissatisfaction, the things I’ve seen with Halo 5 looks fine to me, though any final thoughts will be made after beta.

> 2533274812652989;2:
> > They just can’t comprehend that Halo fans that have been playing since Combat Evolved, like myself, hate the direction that this franchise is headed…
>
>
> Don’t lump me in with your dissatisfaction, the things I’ve seen with Halo 5 looks fine to me, though any final thoughts will be made after beta.

This is all opinion, but mine is I just don’t like this twist on Halo

Don’t speak for me, I LOVE what halo 5 is doing.

That’s fine, but not everybody who played Halo 1 share it.

> 2533274812652989;2:
> > They just can’t comprehend that Halo fans that have been playing since Combat Evolved, like myself, hate the direction that this franchise is headed…
>
>
> Don’t lump me in with your dissatisfaction, the things I’ve seen with Halo 5 looks fine to me, though any final thoughts will be made after beta.

Agreed. Personally, I think that from first appearances, it looks really fun.

> 2535410733314725;1:
> Halo is not the same competitive multiplayer it used to be.

You’re right, it’s not the same. It’s shaping up to be better in that regard (if all things are done right). Smart Scope is simply a reskinned zoom in, which you can be descoped from when shot.

And of course they’re trying to make the game cool. But they’re also heavily focusing on implementing these new Spartan Abilities in such a way that it makes sense and improves Halo’s competitive arena foundation.

My suggestion? Play the beta before you knock on features that you haven’t tried yet in a Halo game. If you don’t like it, they made the Master Chief Collection for a reason.

In my opinion, this is the right direction for the Halo franchise. Having seen Halo 5: Guardians and gone back to all the previous Halos makes them feel extremely dated. They’re still great games and timeless classics, but I think 343i is making the right call with these new changes.

It still looks like Halo to me. Just faster, smoother, and far more mobile than any other Halo before it. And since movement is a big part of Halo’s gameplay, I would think many of these new additions would be considered a good thing.

> 2533274857398125;4:
> Don’t speak for me, I LOVE what halo 5 is doing.

Same here. I just don’t get it,I mean watch halo 5 gameplay then watch halo 2,3 gameplay(although great for that time). …now what I see is something that looks incredibly fun-Halo5 and then I see outdated (great in the past) gameplay- Halo2,3. Things change with the times and to the cavemen that don’t want change should move on while I adapt with the times.

> 2533274850465226;7:
> > 2535410733314725;1:
> > Halo is not the same competitive multiplayer it used to be.
>
>
> You’re right, it’s not the same. It’s shaping up to be better in that regard (if all things are done right). Smart Scope is simply a reskinned zoom in, which you can be descoped from when shot.
>
> And of course they’re trying to make the game cool. But they’re also heavily focusing on implementing these new Spartan Abilities in such a way that it makes sense and improves Halo’s competitive arena foundation.
>
> My suggestion? Play the beta before you knock on features that you haven’t tried yet in a Halo game. If you don’t like it, they made the Master Chief Collection for a reason.
>
> In my opinion, this is the right direction for the Halo franchise. Having seen Halo 5: Guardians and gone back to all the previous Halos makes them feel extremely dated. They’re still great games and timeless classics, but I think 343i is making the right call with these new changes.
>
> It still looks like Halo to me. Just faster, smoother, and far more mobile than any other Halo before it. And since movement is a big part of Halo’s gameplay, I would think many of these new additions would be considered a good thing.

Well said.

> 2533274850465226;7:
> > 2535410733314725;1:
> > Halo is not the same competitive multiplayer it used to be.
>
>
>
> You’re right, it’s not the same. It’s shaping up to be better in that regard (if all things are done right). Smart Scope is simply a reskinned zoom in, which you can be descoped from when shot.
>
> And of course they’re trying to make the game cool. But they’re also heavily focusing on implementing these new Spartan Abilities in such a way that it makes sense and improves Halo’s competitive arena foundation.
>
> My suggestion? Play the beta before you knock on features that you haven’t tried yet in a Halo game. If you don’t like it, they made the Master Chief Collection for a reason.
>
> In my opinion, this is the right direction for the Halo franchise. Having seen Halo 5: Guardians and gone back to all the previous Halos makes them feel extremely dated. They’re still great games and timeless classics, but I think 343i is making the right call with these new changes.
>
> It still looks like Halo to me. Just faster, smoother, and far more mobile than any other Halo before it. And since movement is a big part of Halo’s gameplay, I would think many of these new additions would be considered a good thing.

Honestly, I don’t think I will like the game but like I said this is all opinion… I like classic halo and you guys like advanced halo obviously, in the long run I see this game not living up to its hype

> 2535410733314725;1:
> I honestly hate sprint, smart scope, spartan abilities, and all new Halo 5 things! 343 is trying too hard to make this game cool! They just can’t comprehend that Halo fans that have been playing since Combat Evolved, like myself, hate the direction that this franchise is headed… Please 343I, take Halo back to original multiplayer! You guys really messed up Halo! We understand that spartans are these incredibly advanced soldiers but you guys are trying too hard to make this game awesome! It’s basically turned into Advanced Warfare without double jump! Smart Scope is stupid… I would much rather have ADS than smart scope because it looks dumb and probably makes the game feel dumb. But Aim Down Sights doesn’t belong here either! Halo 2 and 3 are by far better Halo games than you guys will ever make unless you finally decide to take Halo back to its original feel! Halo is not the same competitive multiplayer it used to be. Please take this thread into consideration, you’re losing the biggest Halo fans!

The biggest Halo fans wouldn’t just turn away based upon some footage of the game. They would give this new title a fair shot.

Remember when change was welcomed?

Halo 2 adds dual wielding
“AW COOL THATS AWESOME”

halo 3 let’s you RIP OFF A TURRET
“AWWW YYEEEAAAAHHH”

halo 5 makes you a true super soldier
“NO I WANT HALO 2”

> 2533274836967617;11:
> > 2535410733314725;1:
> > I honestly hate sprint, smart scope, spartan abilities, and all new Halo 5 things! 343 is trying too hard to make this game cool! They just can’t comprehend that Halo fans that have been playing since Combat Evolved, like myself, hate the direction that this franchise is headed… Please 343I, take Halo back to original multiplayer! You guys really messed up Halo! We understand that spartans are these incredibly advanced soldiers but you guys are trying too hard to make this game awesome! It’s basically turned into Advanced Warfare without double jump! Smart Scope is stupid… I would much rather have ADS than smart scope because it looks dumb and probably makes the game feel dumb. But Aim Down Sights doesn’t belong here either! Halo 2 and 3 are by far better Halo games than you guys will ever make unless you finally decide to take Halo back to its original feel! Halo is not the same competitive multiplayer it used to be. Please take this thread into consideration, you’re losing the biggest Halo fans!
>
>
> The biggest Halo fans wouldn’t just turn away based upon some footage of the game. They would give this new title a fair shot.

This didn’t just happen it has started to happen ever since Halo 4 gameplay was released and the first thing I thought was really? You guys copied CoD on so much sh*t

> 2535410733314725;13:
> > 2533274836967617;11:
> > > 2535410733314725;1:
> > > I honestly hate sprint, smart scope, spartan abilities, and all new Halo 5 things! 343 is trying too hard to make this game cool! They just can’t comprehend that Halo fans that have been playing since Combat Evolved, like myself, hate the direction that this franchise is headed… Please 343I, take Halo back to original multiplayer! You guys really messed up Halo! We understand that spartans are these incredibly advanced soldiers but you guys are trying too hard to make this game awesome! It’s basically turned into Advanced Warfare without double jump! Smart Scope is stupid… I would much rather have ADS than smart scope because it looks dumb and probably makes the game feel dumb. But Aim Down Sights doesn’t belong here either! Halo 2 and 3 are by far better Halo games than you guys will ever make unless you finally decide to take Halo back to its original feel! Halo is not the same competitive multiplayer it used to be. Please take this thread into consideration, you’re losing the biggest Halo fans!
> >
> >
> >
> > The biggest Halo fans wouldn’t just turn away based upon some footage of the game. They would give this new title a fair shot.
>
>
> This didn’t just happen it has started to happen ever since Halo 4 gameplay was released and the first thing I thought was really? You guys copied CoD on so much sh*t

And yet, The Biggest Halo fans brought Halo 4 to give it a fair shot.

> 2533274857398125;12:
> Remember when change was welcomed?
>
> Halo 2 adds dual wielding
> “AW COOL THATS AWESOME”
>
> halo 3 let’s you RIP OFF A TURRET
> “AWWW YYEEEAAAAHHH”
>
> halo 5 makes you a true super soldier
> “NO I WANT HALO 2”

you forgot halo 4… adds custom classes and default sprint
“really? if i wanted to play a game like CoD i would’ve bought CoD”

> 2533274836967617;14:
> > 2535410733314725;13:
> > > 2533274836967617;11:
> > > > 2535410733314725;1:
> > > > I honestly hate sprint, smart scope, spartan abilities, and all new Halo 5 things! 343 is trying too hard to make this game cool! They just can’t comprehend that Halo fans that have been playing since Combat Evolved, like myself, hate the direction that this franchise is headed… Please 343I, take Halo back to original multiplayer! You guys really messed up Halo! We understand that spartans are these incredibly advanced soldiers but you guys are trying too hard to make this game awesome! It’s basically turned into Advanced Warfare without double jump! Smart Scope is stupid… I would much rather have ADS than smart scope because it looks dumb and probably makes the game feel dumb. But Aim Down Sights doesn’t belong here either! Halo 2 and 3 are by far better Halo games than you guys will ever make unless you finally decide to take Halo back to its original feel! Halo is not the same competitive multiplayer it used to be. Please take this thread into consideration, you’re losing the biggest Halo fans!
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > The biggest Halo fans wouldn’t just turn away based upon some footage of the game. They would give this new title a fair shot.
> >
> >
> >
> > This didn’t just happen it has started to happen ever since Halo 4 gameplay was released and the first thing I thought was really? You guys copied CoD on so much sh*t
>
>
> And yet, The Biggest Halo fans brought Halo 4 to give it a fair shot.

Yes I played Halo 4 with as open of a mind that I could have but it didn’t feel like Halo was supposed to… Bungie made Halo better than 343

> 2535410733314725;1:
> I honestly hate sprint, smart scope, spartan abilities, and all new Halo 5 things! 343 is trying too hard to make this game cool! They just can’t comprehend that Halo fans that have been playing since Combat Evolved, like myself, hate the direction that this franchise is headed… Please 343I, take Halo back to original multiplayer! You guys really messed up Halo! We understand that spartans are these incredibly advanced soldiers but you guys are trying too hard to make this game awesome! It’s basically turned into Advanced Warfare without double jump! Smart Scope is stupid… I would much rather have ADS than smart scope because it looks dumb and probably makes the game feel dumb. But Aim Down Sights doesn’t belong here either! Halo 2 and 3 are by far better Halo games than you guys will ever make unless you finally decide to take Halo back to its original feel! Halo is not the same competitive multiplayer it used to be. Please take this thread into consideration, you’re losing the biggest Halo fans!

Speak for yourself clown.

The original Halo game was my first experience with the franchise and i have no problems with the new additions to the game. If you want the original Halo experience then go play CE on the Halo MCC.

> 2535410733314725;10:
> > 2533274850465226;7:
> > > 2535410733314725;1:
> > > Halo is not the same competitive multiplayer it used to be.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > You’re right, it’s not the same. It’s shaping up to be better in that regard (if all things are done right). Smart Scope is simply a reskinned zoom in, which you can be descoped from when shot.
> >
> > And of course they’re trying to make the game cool. But they’re also heavily focusing on implementing these new Spartan Abilities in such a way that it makes sense and improves Halo’s competitive arena foundation.
> >
> > My suggestion? Play the beta before you knock on features that you haven’t tried yet in a Halo game. If you don’t like it, they made the Master Chief Collection for a reason.
> >
> > In my opinion, this is the right direction for the Halo franchise. Having seen Halo 5: Guardians and gone back to all the previous Halos makes them feel extremely dated. They’re still great games and timeless classics, but I think 343i is making the right call with these new changes.
> >
> > It still looks like Halo to me. Just faster, smoother, and far more mobile than any other Halo before it. And since movement is a big part of Halo’s gameplay, I would think many of these new additions would be considered a good thing.
>
>
> Honestly, I don’t think I will like the game but like I said this is all opinion… I like classic halo and you guys like advanced halo obviously, in the long run I see this game not living up to its hype

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love the older Halo games. And, like others, I wasn’t too fond of Reach or 4. But that doesn’t mean that I want Halo 5 or any other future Halo title to be carbon copies of 1-3.

What I’ve been waiting for is a Halo that introduces changes while still sticking true to Halo’s competitive arena multiplayer roots. And it appears we’re getting that with Halo 5: Guardians.

-Same starts
-Same abilities
-Weapons placed on map
-No personal/random ordnance
-No Armor Abilities
-New Spartan Abilities (base player traits) that everyone has

You’re entitled to your opinion, but, again, I would suggest playing the game first before coming to any concrete conclusions. I was skeptical at first too until they started explaining a bit more in depth on how each new ability works. It doesn’t look or sound like they’ve ruined the Halo experience we know and love. It’s even more refreshing to know that they’re putting a beta out this early.

If Halo 2/3 are perfect why do you care about what happens in 5? With forge you have unlimited maps so you don’t have to stop just because 5 comes out. I think 5 is looking good and will be able to stand on its own.