Reasons for Didact to be an Enemy

So I’ve been recently playing Halo CEA, and watching the Terminals, and heard this:

“But if something were to go wrong with one of the Halos. If our tools were ever turned against us… Long plans, indeed.” - Terminal 8

ONI has control of 3 Halos. Installations 03, 05, and 06. This is no me gusta for the Forerunners, and the Didact may have to deal with Humanity’s control of these Halos. This gives him motivation to be an Enemy.

“Oh, but what I would give to even have a single company of Prometheans here right now. Oh, they would most certainly restore order with their trademark lethality. Although, that would mean he would have to be here too…” - Terminal 10

Clearly, the Prometheans are in Halo 4. They would “restore order”, meaning they would stop Humanity from being in control of the Halos. Who’s in control of these Prometheans are unknown, but if the Didact assumes control, he’ll most definitely use them to deal with Humanity.

Which means we’ll eventually have to stop ONI before the Didact does. Otherwise, things could go very badly.

But that’s what I’m understanding.

Enemy as in Enemy of Halo 4? Yes. Enemy as in Ancient Evil? Doubtful.

> Enemy as in Enemy of Halo 4? Yes. Enemy as in Ancient Evil? Doubtful.

VERY Doubtful.

The didact is a very complex character. He essentially held a form of hatred for humanity during the war, but then he showed signs of regret after almost wiping them out. He’s a bit of a hothead, as 343 guilty spark said, he’s more threatening than the flood themselves when he is angry. He’s mostly the main antagonist in halo 4, but I also don’t think he is necessarily the “ancient evil.” The ancient evil will most likely be revealed near the end of halo 4 and who knows, maybe the didact will have a change of heart like he did after the human-forerunner war.

wasnt all of what the forerunners left meant to be left for the reclaimers us humans to reclaim. He wouldnt be angry of us controlling these installations, because the control was intended for us in the first place

> wasnt all of what the forerunners left meant to be left for the reclaimers us humans to reclaim. He wouldnt be angry of us controlling these installations, because the control was intended for us in the first place

But we’re not talking about humanity as a whole, were talking ONI, here. Those people controlling a Halo, let alone 3, is very bad.

ONI is a bad bunch of joes. I don’t like them.

For halo 4 maybe but I don’t buy that he is the ancient evil. They wouldn’t spoil such a huge part of the game so early.

Quick question. Did you read cryptum?

I can see him being the main antagonist of Halo 4, but the whole trilogy? No, 343 wouldn’t be so simple. They’ve pointed out the Didact twice and made it public knowledge that he’s in Halo 4.

I can’t imagine after the brilliant storytelling 343 have done so far that they would turn around and give you three games of:

Halo 4: Bad guy rises. Bad guy falls.
Halo 5: Bad guy comes back, bad guy gets upper hand and things look grim.
Halo 6: Still grim and with no hope of survival…we survive and kill bad guy. No surprises.

It just doesn’t seem like something they’d do. There’s probably something else we’ve missed, something really small and simple but something that’s going to have a massive impact on the future of the series.

> For halo 4 maybe but I don’t buy that he is the ancient evil. They wouldn’t spoil such a huge part of the game so early.

As an important enemy, yes! But not an Ancient Evil.

I don’t buy that he is the ancient evil. They wouldn’t spoil such a huge part of the game so early.
[/quote]
343i would never spoil the whole mystery of discovering who the Ancient Evil is. Didact cannot be the Ancient Evil.

> I can see him being the main antagonist of Halo 4, but the whole trilogy? No, 343 wouldn’t be so simple. They’ve pointed out the Didact twice and made it public knowledge that he’s in Halo 4.
>
> I can’t imagine after the brilliant storytelling 343 have done so far that they would turn around and give you three games of:
>
> Halo 4: Bad guy rises. Bad guy falls.
> Halo 5: Bad guy comes back, bad guy gets upper hand and things look grim.
> Halo 6: Still grim and with no hope of survival…we survive and kill bad guy. No surprises.
>
> It just doesn’t seem like something they’d do. There’s probably something else we’ve missed, something really small and simple but something that’s going to have a massive impact on the future of the series.

good point. but how do you know they are good storytellers?

> I can see him being the main antagonist of Halo 4, but the whole trilogy? No, 343 wouldn’t be so simple. They’ve pointed out the Didact twice and made it public knowledge that he’s in Halo 4.
>
> I can’t imagine after the brilliant storytelling 343 have done so far that they would turn around and give you three games of:
>
> Halo 4: Bad guy rises. Bad guy falls.
> Halo 5: Bad guy comes back, bad guy gets upper hand and things look grim.
> Halo 6: Still grim and with no hope of survival…we survive and kill bad guy. No surprises.
>
> It just doesn’t seem like something they’d do. There’s probably something else we’ve missed, something really small and simple but something that’s going to have a massive impact on the future of the series.

good point. but how do you know they are good storytellers?

i think the didact will be an enemy yes but i think the acient evil will be the precusors or it could be the flood and the reason is that the trailer says “an acient evil awakens” and the humans are responsible for releasing the flood in the first place Flood | Halo Alpha | Fandom but i highly doubt it because 343i say they are not in halo 4

> So I’ve been recently playing Halo CEA, and watching the Terminals, and heard this:
>
> “But if something were to go wrong with one of the Halos. If our tools were ever turned against us… Long plans, indeed.” - Terminal 8
>
> ONI has control of 3 Halos. Installations 03, 05, and 06. This is no me gusta for the Forerunners, and the Didact may have to deal with Humanity’s control of these Halos. This gives him motivation to be an Enemy.
> “Oh, but what I would give to even have a single company of Prometheans here right now. Oh, they would most certainly restore order with their trademark lethality. Although, that would mean he would have to be here too…” - Terminal 10
>
> Clearly, the Prometheans are in Halo 4. They would “restore order”, meaning they would stop Humanity from being in control of the Halos. Who’s in control of these Prometheans are unknown, but if the Didact assumes control, he’ll most definitely use them to deal with Humanity.
>
> Which means we’ll eventually have to stop ONI before the Didact does. Otherwise, things could go very badly.
>
> But that’s what I’m understanding.

where does it say this?

whoever enemy it is, i making sure they go down.

So why would Frank O’Conner call his persona a mixed bag, call him a noble and heroic figure and in some ways feels like a good guy? Not only that, but Frankie in the GTTV interview seems to hold the Didact and the Ancient Evil as separate when he says “whatever” is awakening is not friendly.

“I have long dreamt of this day, Reclaimer…”.

Something about that line and the Didact rubs me the wrong way…

It be awesome if you rephrased the title. I am avoiding campaign stuff as much as I can but some things like this are unavoidable.

Thanks.

> So why would Frank O’Conner call his persona a mixed bag, call him a noble and heroic figure and in some ways feels like a good guy? Not only that, but Frankie in the GTTV interview seems to hold the Didact and the Ancient Evil as separate when he says “whatever” is awakening is not friendly.

Also the fact that he even mentions his name sends red flags telling me that he isn’t the Ancient Evil. He may be an antagonist for reasons yet unknown, but not the Ancient Evil. He just doesn’t seem to fit the persona of “ancient” or “evil”.