REASONING BEHIND GRUNT/ELITE CHANGE

Here are some reasons why the covenant look different

They are not infact the same species, but another cousin (jackals, skirmisher)

• They could be infected with some disease that mutates them to look different ( that would explain why look so battered and bruised)

• They could be a replicated species created by forerunners or precursors.

So what do you guys think?

Or they could have been stuck inside the shield world slipspace bubble for so long that they evolved/de-evolved.

I actually think that since the game informer magazine said there was a whole fleet that was next to the Dawn that there was an Elite civil war and supplies are running low (explaining the lack of armor on some of them) and that they may have been battling other elites, covenant or the new threat

Or it could just be some new artistic view of how the Covie species are like, plus those armors they are wearing currently in H4 are worn down and all so they could most likely be rouges groups. Kinda like the heretics in H2 wearing old fashion armor.

That would explain the lack of armor, maybe the elites convinced the grunts to help them and they were on the forward unto dawn looking for parts to salvage.

And…They are not the actual military that we have seen in the past halo games,

“…these covenant aren’t out fitted like the standard military, it’s a possible we just came across a rogue savage ship…” - taken from the GI magazine.

And it could be just a new artistic direction.

I like the way the grunts look, but the red elite, OK, kind of looks like a crab. BUT the blue elite looks fantastic.

Regarding the Unggoy(Gruns), they can not have reptilian cousins if they are arthropods. The Kig-Yar aren’t that different from each other, one has darker skin, more feathers and is more athletic, probably has slightly different ligament and muscle tissues, they are still pretty much all birds though. The Unggoy cant be arthropods and reptiles, those differences are way to big, they wouldn’t be cousins, they’d be completely different species, they’d probably look a LOT more different to. Changing a species entire anatomy is far different from what the Kig-Yar have, you cant have some reptile and some arthropod, those two types have completely different bone structures and require completely different living conditions. The Kig-Yar might have taken around 50,000 years to get their changes, to change from arthropod to reptile, if even possible, would probably take well over 500,000 years. But I’m just going off assumptions and info from documentaries. Still they would not be cousins or even look remotely alike with such a large amount of differences.

> I like the way the grunts look, but the red elite, OK, kind of looks like a crab. BUT the blue elite looks fantastic.

are you serious…its the opposite for me. the blue one looks…cute? the red one looks like if i touch it ill bleed to death

Or they could just be going in another Art Direction as stated numerous times by 343 Officials?

What? No? Sorry, but I honestly think its mainly just the time jump/343 having a new art approach to the universe.

There is also the second picture of the grunt and elite http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/Halo4/Halo4_Campaign-06.jpg

These guys look more futuristic and heavily armored. Maybe the two different looking ones are fighting. (halo 2 heretics)

It’s because H3/Reach both failed in their portrayals. This is my guess but H4 intends to make them the menacing aliens they were meant to be while managing to retain what made them memorable and fun in a convincing manner.

Grunts in H3… they’re not convincing. I hate them.
Grunts in Reach… just cannon fodder. No reason to keep any alive. I hate them also.

Elites in H3 were a joke.
Elites in Reach were dangerous for the wrong reasons.

I can barely tolerate either of them.

I’m hoping:

Grunts in H4 will be characters that I don’t kill as soon as I encounter them and that Elites will be ferocious AI that have proper health, damage, and are player equal in challenge.

I also want to work with them in taking down the new enemy. I’m not suggesting a truce or temporary alliance like the one we had with Gravemind. Even if the Covies are enemies, they should prioritize on the greater threat.

> Or it could just be some new artistic view of how the Covie species are like, plus those armors they are wearing currently in H4 are worn down and all so they could most likely be rouges groups. Kinda like the heretics in H2 wearing old fashion armor.

I hope it’s something like the heretics, cause that would make sense and then we would still see some better looking Elites.