Reason why Halo 4 is releasing when it is

Halo 4 is releasing on November 6th is because it’s a week before Black Ops 2 so Microsoft hopes that Black Ops 2 won’t sell as well as Halo 4, since Halo 4 will sell really well.

Basically everyone spends their money on Halo 4, and they don’t have any left to get BO2. I saw what Microsoft did there.

BO2 Release Date was revealed way after Halo 4’s, if I’m not mistaken. BO2 is multi-platform as well, we’ll see how well it Sells for 360 alone.

> Halo 4 is releasing on November 6th is because it’s a week before Black Ops 2 so Microsoft hopes that Black Ops 2 won’t sell as well as Halo 4, since Halo 4 will sell really well.

I think its more along the lines that they need to squeeze it in for the holiday season, and they knew Black Ops would be doing the same. They choose earlier in the month in the hopes to squeeze out as many sales before Black ops is realeased. Not because they want Halo to outshine Black Ops, but they feel if Halo 4 is released after Black Ops, its going to kill Halo 4’s sales. Not the other way around.

If Black Ops came out before Halo 4 it would be horrible for Halo’s sales. Yet, I dont think Halo is going to have much of an affect on Black Ops sales. The series has just gone too down hill for it to compete.

We’ll see how such a tactic turns out.

There have been hundreds of topics on this already.

You see CoD is a Drug to many people and no matter how terrible CoD gets people are still going to buy the game because it is still called CoD.

> You see CoD is a Drug to many people and no matter how terrible CoD gets people are still going to buy the game because it is still called CoD.

The same thing can be said for Halo. I hated Halo Reach, and knew it way before the game released. I bought it anyway because its Halo. I again know for a fact I will not like Halo 4, but Im going to buy the game anyway because of its name.

> <mark>BO2 Release Date was revealed way after Halo 4’s</mark>, if I’m not mistaken. BO2 is multi-platform as well, we’ll see how well it Sells for 360 alone.

The highlighted part. We Halo 4 was coming out Nov. 6 months before we knew BO2 comes out Nov. 13.

This whole topic is dumb. I wish you guys would shut up about call of duty. Go write on their forums please.
Mahalo

H4 will sell regardless of which other games are released at the same time, so it’s kind of a moot point.

> > You see CoD is a Drug to many people and no matter how terrible CoD gets people are still going to buy the game because it is still called CoD.
>
> The same thing can be said for Halo. I hated Halo Reach, and knew it way before the game released. I bought it anyway because its Halo. I again know for a fact I will not like Halo 4, but Im going to buy the game anyway because of its name.

Then you’re just as bad as Call of Duty fanboys. Don’t buy Halo, then. One less of you. I bought Reach because it actually looked really good. I enjoyed the BETA A LOT. But when I bought the full game… And you know for a fact you won’t like Halo 4? Please.

> Halo 4 is releasing on November 6th is because it’s a week before Black Ops 2 so Microsoft hopes that Black Ops 2 won’t sell as well as Halo 4, since Halo 4 will sell really well.

That’s a terrible plan, and I highly doubt Microsoft would want to do that. While Halo is their major cash-cow, COD does sell more on the Xbox 360 than the Playstation and accounts for major profits for Microsoft.