Really?!

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

It’s official now. All these “competitive” gamers are just liars. They see the Reach progression system. Angry about no ranks. Told there is rank, just invisible. They complain about it being invisible because they’ve got nothing too “work towards”. Told it is visible on waypoint at any given moment. Complain that it should be in-game. All you guys want is too just show off. While all the real competitive players are rejoicing over the return of their beloved ranking system, you guys are just complaining about the fact that you can’t talk down to other players about how amazing you are at the game.

Amen!

I honestly don’t care if I can see my rank in game, as long as I’m being matched with other players of my skill level, and above all having fun, I’m happy.

Exactly Op, Some of them are now satisfied, but the ego-stroking ones are full of it.

In Halo 4, you shouldn’t need to see how good the other players in the lobby are anyway because the TrueSkill system will be matching you up with players of a very similar skill level to you. Therefore in theory, however good you are is about how good they will all be…

Also, most people I saw complaining were after arguing that they wanted visibe ranks so that the could see how well they themselves are performing. The CSR is not likely to fluctuate after every match, so this system 343 suggested will work fine.

What they are doing is giving a good system, that will be way better than Reach’s BPR, that will allow competitive players to see their own CSR on Waypoint, while at the same time largely avoiding the negative aspects that DO occur if they had made it visible to all in the lobby (being ego-fueled a-holes, boosters, account sellers etc etc etc).

Essentially, it’s a COMPROMISE ; people who want to see their rank get the ability to do so, while people who dont want to deal with that, don’t have to.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

Please, enough of these threads.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.

Go figure, you are a high skill 18 in Halo 3. Yawn. Nothing to see here folks

> I honestly don’t care if I can see my rank in game, as long as I’m being matched with other players of my skill level, and above all having fun, I’m happy.

Yeah, you get that. And all those people that want to see how well they’re doing and how too improve, they get their stuff too. The only people who don’t quite get what they want, is the e-peen jerks.

This can’t end well…

Because a visible in game rank like in Halo 3 gives an incentive to win because EVERYBODY SEES YOUR RANK AND YOU SEE EVERYBODY ELSES RANK. If nobody sees your rank because it is in waypoint then who the hell cares?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

Ahhhhh another stupid post bashing competitive players. Let me explain for you sir, we want in game ranks NOT for bragging rights or showing off but to be successfully matched up with other players of similar skill which will improve the game’s life down the road, the fun for players as matching up with higher skilled players suck, and generally improves the multiplayer experience. For what has always been an arena based competitive shooter, a true skill ranking system is a necessity for Halo and the fact that 343 have confirmed it’s in is absolutely fantastic. It shows they care and are listening to the community, however we really need the new system to show in game and in the lobby for it to work.

So the main point of this thread is to hate on people who liked the system the way it was in Halo 3 and just prefer to have visible ranking for the ease of access?

>

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

youreprovinghispoint.jpg.avi.rar

>

First of all, not true. Can’t be true due to the fact that I have a 24 in Lone Wolves so yeah. And does that matter? I still like having my ranking system and I’m really glad it’s there. Also note that this is a secondary account. My previous one from 2007 was a 40. None the less, what rank the person is shouldn’t matter any way. You’ve still got the ability too see your ranking, is that not what you want? I like checking my rank and constantly try my best to win and get it up. I play pretty much only in ranked. This is why I count myself a competitive player. It really doesn’t matter if it’s in game or on waypoint.

Why don’t focus on serious problems?

>

Am I missing something here? How does making ranks visible change the matchmaking system to match you up with correctly skilled players? You know you don’t have to see a trueskill rank for it to affect matchmaking, right?

>

Did your main account get banned for rank bashing? Or did you create that account for the purpose of rank bashing. Or C, are you actually not a proper competitive player but created that account to make competitive players who want visible ranking look bad?

hands flame shield

>

Thank you for being an example of those kind of players with the superior attitude.

Anyways, I like it in Reach where you rank up and unlock new things. Is that how it works in Halo 4, correct?

> So the main point of this thread is to hate on people who liked the system the way it was in Halo 3 and just prefer to have visible ranking for the ease of access?

No, because they have that system already. This thread is too point out just how spoilt some people within the community are. Everytime they complain about something, they’re told they have it. Then they complain about that. That gets fixed. Then they complain about that fix. They’re just frustrating and I wouldn’t be surprised if 343 just completely drops the whole thing on the basis that it’s impossible to cater to these people.

> > Go figure, you are a high skill 18 in Halo 3. Yawn. Nothing to see here folks

No, he isn’t. He’s simply pointing out that the only people who oppose this system had low ranks in Halo 3.

I don’t see why we can’t just have an isolated competitive environment. Only have the ranks visible in those playlists and anyone who doesn’t want those ranks next to their names will never be bothered about it again.