Really? Still no Ranked Team Doubles?

This is ridiculous. Glad to see they are getting rid of that silly weekly playlist mechanic they came up with. I also like the fact that they are going to be releasing social playlists permanently, albeit a little to late.

I just hope they release Team Doubles as a Ranked playlist, otherwise this game will have been a complete let down in my book. Cheers to you all who are still playing and enjoying yourself.

See you next months update.

It’s a nightmare to organize friends to play together, so I usually hop on with one other person, so Doubles is the perfect playlist. Unfortunately that means that Halo 5 doesn’t get much play time. I would love to see a permanent Doubles to be able to just hop on without getting frustrated by randoms. Personally Halo 5 is turning out to be a huge disappointment, but they’re keeping up the support so it may end up in a state that I like.

No good maps for team dubs, need more social playlists first imo. Warzone doesn’t count as it seems to be the most competitive mode in history.

A ranked doubles playlist would be a complete waste of time. There are countless ideas of what to do that I would rank ahead of this. Even if this is never implemented I will not believe that this game has been a complete let down.

the breakout maps were almost perfect for doubles. Take out radar and they had a real winner. There are a couple regular arena maps that are good for dubs. Add those in with some of the breakout maps and some obj gametypes and we would have a solid playlist.

> 2533274813469393;4:
> A ranked doubles playlist would be a complete waste of time. There are countless ideas of what to do that I would rank ahead of this. Even if this is never implemented I will not believe that this game has been a complete let down.

We had it over the holiday period, so it’s not like it’ll take them ages to put it back up. I’m interested in knowing how adding ranked doubles would be a ‘complete waste of time’ though, so please do explain… and do you mean a waste of time for us or for 343i?

> 2533274806718820;3:
> No good maps for team dubs, need more social playlists first imo. Warzone doesn’t count as it seems to be the most competitive mode in history.

Social playlists are already due to be included in the update on 26 Feb. I disagree that there’s ‘no good maps for team dubs’… there is a number of arena maps which actually worked well for it - yeah some community forge maps made specifically for doubles may be better, but that’ll take up more time for 343i which they don’t appear to have right now; so why not put it back up like it was during holiday doubles in the meantime?

> 2533274940891980;6:
> > 2533274813469393;4:
> > A ranked doubles playlist would be a complete waste of time. There are countless ideas of what to do that I would rank ahead of this. Even if this is never implemented I will not believe that this game has been a complete let down.
>
>
> We had it over the holiday period, so it’s not like it’ll take them ages to put it back up. I’m interested in knowing how adding ranked doubles would be a ‘complete waste of time’ though, so please do explain… and do you mean a waste of time for us or for 343i?

I believe that he means that it would be a waste of time to implement it as he wouldn’t want to play it.

I don’t care if it would be ranked or not, I just want Doubles. Other than that there’s nothing that works well with just two people.

There are plenty of good maps for Team Doubles. I don’t know what everyone thinks defines a good Team Doubles map, but it doesn’t matter if the map is huge or not. H3 had Isolation and Construct, which were very big for 2 people. With the movement in H5, it is so easy to traverse maps so its not like there will ever be a huge amount of time where players are not engaged.

Team Doubles is the pinnacle of competitive play IMO. It promotes teamwork and also relies on individual skill. In a 4v4 playlists, you can just get carried by your team, the only thing you really need to do is team shoot. In 2v2 you are faced with constant 2v1, or 1v1 scenarios and you either come out on top or not. If you lose a game, the only person you can really blame is yourself.

> 2533274806718820;3:
> No good maps for team dubs, need more social playlists first imo. Warzone doesn’t count as it seems to be the most competitive mode in history.

the maps are fine for doubles, the power weapons just need to be tweaked and ammo reduced

> 2533274812634029;9:
> There are plenty of good maps for Team Doubles. I don’t know what everyone thinks defines a good Team Doubles map, but it doesn’t matter if the map is huge or not. H3 had Isolation and Construct, which were very big for 2 people. With the movement in H5, it is so easy to traverse maps so its not like there will ever be a huge amount of time where players are not engaged.
>
> Team Doubles is the pinnacle of competitive play IMO. It promotes teamwork and also relies on individual skill. In a 4v4 playlists, you can just get carried by your team, the only thing you really need to do is team shoot. In 2v2 you are faced with constant 2v1, or 1v1 scenarios and you either come out on top or not. If you lose a game, the only person you can really blame is yourself.

> 2533274805919869;10:
> > 2533274806718820;3:
> > No good maps for team dubs, need more social playlists first imo. Warzone doesn’t count as it seems to be the most competitive mode in history.
>
>
> the maps are fine for doubles, the power weapons just need to be tweaked and ammo reduced

Couldn’t agree more with both of you, particularly about how Team Doubles really highlights individual performance and strategic team work. As for maps, I agree they’re pretty much all fine once the power weapon ammo is reduced. Yes some of the maps are a bit big for it, but it’s still playable and is absolutely fine for the time being, until we’ve perhaps got some community made maps or something.