Really bad online co-op lag, how to fix?

What is with the really BAD online co-op lag? I tried to play multiple mission with my friend and whoever isn’t the host has unbearable lag. It is to the point where the game is almost unplayable. Is there a way to fix this?

Because the game is running a graphics engine over the almost original 10 year old engine Xbox Live co-op really lags because the game was never intended to be on Live. There is no fix as far as I know. Playing local or LAN co-op would probably be the most optimal setting for co-op.

Almost? IT IS unplayable. I tried playing AotC with my son who’s in California yesterday and the lag was unbearable, we ended the mission just as we got to the first bridge.

343 should be ashamed that this was never fixed. It should never have been advertised as a feature if this is what the results were.

> Almost? IT IS unplayable. I tried playing AotC with my son who’s in California yesterday and the lag was unbearable, we ended the mission just as we got to the first bridge.
>
> 343 should be ashamed that this was never fixed. It should never have been advertised as a feature if this is what the results were.

This lag has been in Halo since Halo 3 xbox live campaign with your buddies, Halo: Reach campaign and firefight, and even Halo 4. Best thing you can do is upgrade your internet connection or get a <mark>wired connection.</mark> The campaign and multiplayer work differently in Halo. In multi, its fine if there’s a delay. In campaign however, everything needs to be lined up perfectly. This includes AI behavior.