Really Bad Alt+Tab Issue

So I noticed this in the Flight, but it seems to be really bad right now during Spartan Ops, and somewhat hit or miss during campaign and multiplayer. Essentially, alt+tabbing to another window causes the game to just vanish; it can be heard still running, but there’s no way to alt+tab back to it or launch it via the taskbar.

This sucks.

I still feel bad about the game dying on me (about like you described, except that focusing the game window produced a permanent frozen desktop image) during one Flight 4v4 match and leaving three teammates against four enemies because I so much as dared to multitask while the game found people in the background.

Definitely something to toss in another ticket for.

Yeah. Alt-tabbing hasn’t been smooth at any point as the screen keeps popping up, but it would still work to an extent. Now it’s even worse.

The only time that i encounter that problem is when i am loading to a game that’s the only time and i had to learned that hard way i had to use task manager to close the app.

Is there any fix for this other than “Don’t Alt+Tab when you are playing Halo!”?

> 2533274865319418;5:
> Is there any fix for this other than “Don’t Alt+Tab when you are playing Halo!”?

It seems to happen less often when in Borderless…but that’s about all I got right now.

This just happened to me as well, figured I’d do some googling and found this thread.
Working my way through Halo 3, alt+tabbed to check a message, and the game essentially vanished. It’s not in the alt+tab ‘lineup’ and not in the taskbar. if I go to Task Manager the game process is still running but I have no way of getting back to it. Pretty big oversight to have on such a commonly used command.
Also, this never happened before while playing through the previous titles or this one until after 4s launch.

As far as im aware this issue is only on steam version of mcc. The Microsoft Store version of mcc dont have this issue

The same thing has happened to me several times in the last two days. Pretty frustrating

> 2533274800013117;9:
> The same thing has happened to me several times in the last two days. Pretty frustrating

Try switching to Borderless; I haven’t had an issue since doing this. Might not solve it 100%, but seems to be a decent solution for now.

Currently having the same problem. It happened to me while playing Halo 3 and Halo 4. I’ll try playing on borderless.

As others have said maybe going borderless will be the workaround until 343 fix it. I use borderless and have never encountered this, I alt tab all the time.

Been on borderless for a bunch of weeks now and there’s no problem anymore.

I made an account specifically to post a fix.

1.) Hit the windows button
2.) Search for “Multitasking Settings”
3.) Under “Virtual Desktops” Change both drop-down options to “All desktops”
4.) Profit.

@TacticalSmurf14
I made an account just to thank you, I was on forge and was about to lose all of my progress because of this but I didn’t thanks to you.

amazing, btw, that this seems to still be an issue. horrible tech support on halos end i must say

Found a YouTube video “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TytPgz5VEDs
-Go into Cortana/magnifying glass > enter “Multitasking settings” > For virtual Desktops select “All desktops” for "On the taskbar, show windows that are open " and “Pressing Alt+Tab shows windows that are open on”.

Hope this helps ya’ll :wink:

It happens to me on my Microsoft store version of mcc. The game has had alot of bugs ironed out but this has been happening sense it was released on pc and need a fix please.

> 2533274883277125;14:
> I made an account specifically to post a fix.
>
> 1.) Hit the windows button
> 2.) Search for “Multitasking Settings”
> 3.) Under “Virtual Desktops” Change both drop-down options to “All desktops”
> 4.) Profit.

Your Amazing!

> 2533274883277125;14:
> I made an account specifically to post a fix.
>
> 1.) Hit the windows button
> 2.) Search for “Multitasking Settings”
> 3.) Under “Virtual Desktops” Change both drop-down options to “All desktops”
> 4.) Profit.

You sir, are the real Master Chief!