Realistic reload animations.

I know it is way to early to judge or anything like that but I am going to put this out there anyway. One of the things that Reach got perfect was how all the guns are reloaded. Empty the gun? The you must load another round in the chamber, pull the charging lever/unlock the slide. Reload the gun before you empty the whole thing? Then all you do is slap in another mag and keep shooting. They got this perfectly right with everything but the shotgun in Reach but I can let this one slide. My plea to 343 is that they get it right and do the same as Bungie did for Reach.

I like the reload animations too, but I think they could revamp the sounds. It should be more clickety clackety, like Battlefield.

As long as it doesn’t interfere with gameplay, such as making re-load times needlessly long, I don’t see the problem. Though, I couldn’t care less to be honest.

> I know it is way to early to judge or anything like that but I am going to put this out there anyway. One of the things that Reach got perfect was how all the guns are reloaded. Empty the gun? The you must load another round in the chamber, pull the charging lever/unlock the slide. Reload the gun before you empty the whole thing? Then all you do is slap in another mag and keep shooting. They got this perfectly right with everything but the shotgun in Reach but I can let this one slide. My plea to 343 is that they get it right and do the same as Bungie did for Reach.

I’m ashamed to admit that I never noticed this… blushes

But I promise to pay extra attention the next time I play Score Attack. Which should be in 15 minutes or so.

> I like the reload animations too, but I think they could revamp the sounds. It should be more clickety clackety, like Battlefield.

I like the new AR sound to be honest. Sounds beefier. I would love for it to have the same sound as the AEK971 in BF2 though. That thing sounds like a monster. BF has it completly wrong on reload animations though.

Honestly why does it matter? This is a sci-fi FPS, so why does anything have to be accurate. I for one hate reloading the snipe in Reach when I shot all four bullets. I have lost the opportunity to get many sick multikills from the extended reload. If you want realistic reloads play Battlefield or CoD. I would think in the future the weapons would be more advanced anyways.

> Honestly why does it matter? This is a sci-fi FPS, so why does anything have to be accurate. I for one hate reloading the snipe in Reach when I shot all four bullets. I have lost the opportunity to get many sick multikills from the extended reload. If you want realistic reloads play Battlefield or CoD. I would think in the future the weapons would be more advanced anyways.

Ah, I totally forgot about that. My opinion has changed; no, OP. we don’t need realistic reload animations :]

… Realistic? Those games?
I want realistic reloading animations.

> Honestly why does it matter? This is a sci-fi FPS, so why does anything have to be accurate. I for one hate reloading the snipe in Reach when I shot all four bullets. I have lost the opportunity to get many sick multikills from the extended reload. If you want realistic reloads play Battlefield or CoD. I would think in the future the weapons would be more advanced anyways.

It matters because 200 years from now if bullets are still being used, you will still be reloading guns this way. I could care less about your multikills. By the way. CoD is the only one of those games you listed that gets it right.

Halo is far from being realistic, 500 yrs from now warfare will not be like this. Halo at best is WW2 warfare draped in scifi fluff, almost all scifi shooters are.

Yes, one of the only things actually good in Reach. I liked that animation…

> I like the reload animations too, but I think they could revamp the sounds. It should be more clickety clackety, like Battlefield.

I’d like more beep boops.

The animations are great in Reach. They can also be varied in time it appears. The Pistol fires a bit slower but reloads faster using the same animation in the BETA.

I like CE’s sounds for the AR, PR, Pistol and Sniper more than Reach’s. I love the layering to Reach’s as a whole. The sound a plasma shot makes in dolby5.1 is just awesome. Especially if you hear it fire, zoom past your head and then impact. WOW what attention. I find the DMR, BR and Halo3 on AR to be weak in sound.

> As long as it doesn’t interfere with gameplay, such as making re-load times needlessly long, I don’t see the problem. Though, I couldn’t care less to be honest.

I agree with this.

> I like the new AR sound to be honest. Sounds beefier. I would love for it to have the same sound as the AEK971 in BF2 though. That thing sounds like a monster. BF has it completly wrong on reload animations though.

I was talking about the actual reloading sounds, as in taking a mag out and putting a new one in. The way the guns sound when they fire is okay with me.

So in the future, you won’t have to reload projectile weapons. Please, use common sense.

You can’t have realistic reload animations on sci-fi guns.

you know why? THEY’RE NOT REAL