Realistic Rain and more visible

Now that xbox one can handle more textures etc do you think rain will finaly look realistic and more visible ?

The rain has always felt kind of weak if you know what i mean it felt like it was not really there but you can hear it i want it to be more visible , what do you think or want in weather

Edit
I love talking about weather so i guess it just intresst me in games.

I agree. I actually want an underwater environment/battle of some sort.

> I agree. I actually want an underwater environment/battle of some sort.

Halo 2 had underwater bases it was epic.

I think BF4 has some great rain effects. That I think 343I could use for references when making the rain effects.

Double Post.

Thought of this idea intially for a Flood gametype but it could work in other playlists, if made correctly.

Smart-Time Maps (Unique, Fun)
343 Industries could actually make a few maps that has complex smart-time mechanics, that changes weather and lighting elements randomly, making each match unique. The smart-time map could constantly change with implemented weather like some matches it may be foggy, other raining sometimes it during the day and others at night. They also have unique features like open/closing doors and buildings to hold up into.

Smart-Time Map Example:
Think Halo 3:ODST campiagn level Mombassa Streets.

rain sand and snow storms, and a rain forest

Rain on the visor would be cool as well. I mean it’s just water and rain so it wouldn’t scramble vision very much at all.

> I think BF4 has some great rain effects. That I think 343I could use for references when making the rain effects.

Epic games had rain effects that are really great have you played any gears of war game? :slight_smile:

> > I think BF4 has some great rain effects. That I think 343I could use for references when making the rain effects.
>
> Epic games had rain effects that are really great have you played any gears of war game? :slight_smile:

Or the game called The Rain :wink:

Having played both BF4 and Assassins Creed on the Xbox One I would say the rain will look great, but they need to add weather changing too, anyone having played Paracel Storm knows what I mean.

[deleted]

> It would be interesting seeing and hearing the rain dripping from your armour as you enter a building or exit a lake.

That sound pretty neat and you can hear the rain hitting the armor.

There has always been an influence on weather, even in the multiplayer maps. Take Meltdown and Longbow, in Halo 4, for example. There is a constant snowfall, but it never seems to accumulate. Really, even if graphics are superb, 720p HD, the interactive element of rain, snow, or thunder can bring out this coupled with the amazing graphics we already know 343 brings. The graphics in Halo 4 were the best of any game i’ve ever played. Playing in the elements is fun.

Halo 4 had some cool fog effects and mud splatter. You can tell they want to achieve more, but were hampered by what fits on the disc. I consistently get render issues on some maps, so if it can’t handle the basics then the extra, transparent and dynamic stuff really doesn’t stand a chance. I’m hopeful for Halo 5, and I think 343 will deliver some really great effects.

> Halo 4 had some cool fog effects and mud splatter. You can tell they want to achieve more, but were hampered by what fits on the disc. I consistently get render issues on some maps, so if it can’t handle the basics then the extra, transparent and dynamic stuff really doesn’t stand a chance. I’m hopeful for Halo 5, and I think 343 will deliver some really great effects.

True but i think it will be more improved imagen like fighting covys and prometheans in a really rainy windy area and you can just see their armor lights and you need Promethean vision to see them.

YES!

Also weather effects in Forge mode, but that’s a different topic…

I also agree with seeing rain drops on your visor, and hearing the drops fall as you enter a dry area or something.

> YES!
>
> Also weather effects in Forge mode, but that’s a different topic…
>
> <mark>I also agree with seeing rain drops on your visor,</mark> and hearing the drops fall as you enter a dry area or something.

I feel like having rain drops constantly covering your FOV would get annoying after a while, especially in gametypes like Infection or SWAT when having clear situational awareness is essential for success.

> > YES!
> >
> > Also weather effects in Forge mode, but that’s a different topic…
> >
> > <mark>I also agree with seeing rain drops on your visor,</mark> and hearing the drops fall as you enter a dry area or something.
>
> I feel like having rain drops constantly covering your FOV would get annoying after a while, especially in gametypes like Infection or SWAT when having clear situational awareness is essential for success.

Nah, a lot of games have this feature. It’s cool.

> > YES!
> >
> > Also weather effects in Forge mode, but that’s a different topic…
> >
> > <mark>I also agree with seeing rain drops on your visor,</mark> and hearing the drops fall as you enter a dry area or something.
>
> I feel like having rain drops constantly covering your FOV would get annoying after a while, especially in gametypes like Infection or SWAT when having clear situational awareness is essential for success.

Maybe it has a auto cleaner like republic commando x)