Real Innovation

TL;DR at the bottom
I would love to see this in Halo 5 but there’s no way. All I can hope for is that these ideas will one day make it into halo. And I have a lot to say, so without further ado,

1. Bullet Holes
    Yes, you read it. I want to see a hole burst out of someone’s armor if their shield is down and to have blood gush out of it when I shoot them, and to see the plasma burns on their armor. I want to be able to see through the back of your head when I nail you with my Battle Rifle. I want to cut your body in half when I stab you with the energy sword. I want your legs blown off when I kill you with a grenade. I want the chunks of your dead body to fly around when I hit you with a Rocket Launcher or even a Gravity Hammer. I want your side blown off where I hit you with the Railgun. I still want to see your body disintegrate when I shoot you with a promie gun. And just think about the Needler.
    This could add a whole new level of immersion to the game, let people see how you died postmortem, and it wouldn’t change the gameplay at all.

2. Fist Fights
    So about now you’re probably thinking about how Halo is a shooter game and what the f*ck the controls for this would be or just how the hell it’s supposed to work.
    Let me explain.
    You would have to have regular movement/shooting controls and an alternate fist fight controls. This would be just to add a new dimension to the game that (as far as I know) has never been done before. Players should switch to normal shooting to a fist fight only when BOTH players melee each other at the same time (no damage is done at this point). At this point they would raise their fists. Players can exit a fist fight by 1) backing up; 2) jumping; 3) hitting the thruster pack. When one player quits, both pull out their guns.
    Controls:

Bumpers:
These buttons would be used to swing your fists. RB is right fist, LB is left fist. You can only swing with one fist at a time. When someone lands two hits, they kill the other player and return to normal shooting controls (unless one player had more damage to begin with).

X:
X is used to block. Incoming punches will do no damage while you’re blocking. This action takes both hands.

Triggers:
Triggers are used to grab. The only time you can make a successful grab will be if the other player is blocking. Otherwise their hand will move out of the way and the grab is a miss. If you grab a player, you can then swing with your other arm. To counteract this, if the other player swings with their free arm at the right window, they’ll deflect the punch (no damage) and break out of the hold and the fist fight will continue.

Left Stick (movement):
When two players are in a fist fight, moving left/right will rotate one around the other player. If one player gets behind the other, they can perform an assassination. Moving forward will only turn you to face your opponent.

Right Stick (positioning):
Moving left/right will make your spartan lean left/right to avoid punches from the other direction only. You will also be able to punch with the hand opposite of the direction you lean. To avoid this, the other player must block or move away. This can be done using either stick, but be careful not to move/lean towards the player, cause the punch will still land. You can also lean back in which case you can’t punch. Leaning will only last a second before you’re brought back to upright position so timing is key.

If this sounds complicated, remember the first time you picked up a game and had to learn how to shoot. It took a moment, but it worked out in the end. If you can learn that, you can learn this. Naturally, the pacing of a fist fight will be fast, but not as much so that it’s impossible. It should be a brief moment of intense concentration, but that a skilled player can still out-perform a noob.
The main advantage of this is that now, both players won’t die of a mutual kill, but instead the better player emerges as the winner.

1. Throwing Objects
    I didn’t come with the controls laid out for this one but it’s a cool idea I heard on a YouTube video. To be able to pick up loose objects around the arena and throw them at players. Objects can range from rocks to explosives (but perhaps even vehicles and flags). Unless a player is close enough that you cant finish the swing of the throw, this should be a splatter kill. Explosives, of course will blow up on contact and damage everyone around them.

Anyway, this post has gone on long enough, tell me what you think of the ideas.

TL;DR

1. To have peoples’ bodies physically broken in ways corresponding to the way they died.
  2. To have it so two players can brawl each other in multiplayer. Read 2) for details.
  3. To be able to pick up and throw map objects at other players to splatter them.

Come on bro! You aren’t thinking big enough!

• Flood Infection Form Grenades!- Flood Claw weapon!- Forerunner Telekinesis!- Zero Gravity!- Firefight + Invasion gametype! (Covenant, Respective NPCs and Player Controlled Elites vs UNSC, Respective NPCs and Player Controlled Spartans. Similar to Battlefront)- Flyable Spaceships!- Trading Weapons!- Manipulation of Turrets, Doors, Grav Lifts, Reactors etc through Spartan Ancilla!- Playable Spartan Ancilla!- Playable Hunters, Brutes, Grunts, Sentinels, Prophets!These ideas might stupid. None of them may work. But these would be my innovations, if I could pull them off.
  1. Not entirely sure about that. I’d like it. But Halo’s never had that amount of gore. Maybe if they added it slowly throughout the sequels? Not sure how people would react. I mean we already have Gears of War as the gory shooter. As a side note, I really want to play Gears of War on the XB1!

2. Not so sure about this. Seems like it could slow down gameplay a lot. What happens when teammates shoot your opponent?

3. I like this idea. Sounds like awesome fun! Imagine throwing your dead teammates body at an enemy. Lol!

> 2535421619942348;2:
> Come on bro! You aren’t thinking big enough!
>
> - Flood Infection Form Grenades!
> - Flood Claw weapon!
> - Forerunner Telekinesis!
> - Zero Gravity!
> - Firefight + Invasion gametype! (Covenant, Respective NPCs and Player Controlled Elites vs UNSC, Respective NPCs and Player Controlled Spartans. Similar to Battlefront)
> - Flyable Spaceships!
> - Trading Weapons!
> - Manipulation of Turrets, Doors, Grav Lifts, Reactors etc through Spartan Ancilla!
> - Playable Spartan Ancilla!
> - Playable Hunters, Brutes, Grunts, Sentinels, Prophets!
> These ideas might stupid. None of them may work. But these would be my innovations, if I could pull them off.

No, I’ve thought of that too, but I’ve heard it said more often. Zero G was arguably the best part of Halo Reach and we definitely need it back. Think about flying around in Zero G having to use your thruster pack to navigate.
As for AI’s in multiplayer, I’m down but it would have to be done right, and I don’t know how that is

> 2533274873486404;3:
> 1) Not entirely sure about that. I’d like it. But Halo’s never had that amount of gore. Maybe if they added it slowly throughout the sequels? Not sure how people would react. I mean we already have Gears of War as the gory shooter. As a side note, I really want to play Gears of War on the XB1!
>
> 2) Not so sure about this. Seems like it could slow down gameplay a lot. What happens when teammates shoot your opponent?
>
> 3) I like this idea. Sounds like awesome fun! Imagine throwing your dead teammates body at an enemy. Lol!

1. Gears of war was fun but I didn’t mean something like blood splattering all over your screen. It doesn’t have to look too gorey, I’d just want to be able to look at a dead body and think to myself "so that’s how he died. Maybe instead of all out dismemberment, I’d settle for scorch marks up the legs that got grenaded or the side where you got blown off. Still want to see a hole in the helmet after a headshot though, I really want that.

2. There was a lot of description, but when I think about it I can’t see a fist fight lasting more than a couple seconds since it would be so easy for someone to get hit unexpectedly. If your teammates shoot him, then he better get out. In any other scenario, he’d be dead already and a fist fight wouldn’t change that.