Real Day / Night time in campaign gameplay?!

First off all, Iam realy busy at the moment, so maybe Iam not up-to-date. But I checked “nothing but facts” and didn’t find anything.

So: I talk over this:

Real time in Campaign-Gameplay ?! I hope this rumor is not true -.-
I play only at night; I don’t have other times / No time to play on daytime - or better things to do (outdoor things for example :stuck_out_tongue: ).
I am a person who realy needs light, … so will I not be able to get some virtual H4 sun in my face??

I hope this rumor is not true or there will be an option to put this sh*t off. Or I would have to change my 360 clock somehow all the time if I want to play H4 … (?)

I mean: videogames are to avoid reality (like books, films) and so on. Why the hell should something like this be in H4 ?!

Please, say me that the guy who started this rumor is already in prison … :stuck_out_tongue:
And if he is right - god forbid - the guy of 343 who thought this thing out should get arested.

Uh?

There are probably some daytime missions, and some night time missions . . .

With missions only lasting about 30mins - 1 hour I highly doubt they’d include full day/night cycles . . . it would be pretty useless.

According to the PAX bulletin, some campaign levels are segmented. So it may be sunny for one moment then after a cutscene it may be hours later

… Iam still scared that they realy try something stupid … … bad rumors …

I doubt it has a day/night cycle, it just doesn’t make any real sense.

I was actually thinking about this earlier when I saw the achievement where you need to catch air in a warthog on a certain mission at midnight.

I’m paraphrasing, so take it with a grain of salt.

EDIT: I see he included that in the video. The video wasn’t loading for me before.

If it’s true it may be like the Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time etc, where night and day passed every hour or so.

But if this is true, it sucks that the weapons don’t change colors as well. I much prefer the blue to the orange.

This would be awesome.

If there is a day/night thing that is connected with real time it would realy suck for me. Cuz I could play Halo 4 levels then only at night … and I won’t like it.

If there is something like that there should be an option that you can turn it off, or set day/night or day/night cyrcle manually.
I would be even happy if it is 1 gour day next hour night … why not.

But only nightlevels if you play in real at night ?! = Sucks Hell!

That would be a reason for me not to buy H4. Sounds hard but I am a honest guy.

Probably just day/night missions.

Wow dude, take a chill pill or a nice cold shower, seriously. If day and night cycles are included they will have a virtual timer, similiar to Skyrim, where it is based on in game time not actual Real Life time lol, I’m sorry but do you honestly think youd be in a single campaign mission for a full day? In Skyrim, the Day to Night Cycle is around 2 hours of playtime, perhaps less, if its in Halo 4 it will be the same, it will never be based on Real Life time and anyone who says it would is pretty unreliable.

You should know your games, and facts before posting inappropriate threads and seemingly trolling, and having a heart attack over a feature that is interesting but possibly not included at all in the Campaign. The Campaign is likely segmented like mentioned and not a Day to Night cycle at all, and if it was itd be very minor, lolReal Life time, seriously I dont know where you pulled that from.

This thread should be locked, theres no information here that points to anything realistic, and it was posted very inappropriately in a bad manner. Until someone at 343i comes out and says something about it in more detail it should be assumed missions have segmented parts that involve both Day and Night, not a cycle.

> Wow dude, take a chill pill or a nice cold shower, seriously. If day and night cycles are included they will have a virtual timer, similiar to Skyrim, where it is based on in game time not actual Real Life time lol, I’m sorry but do you honestly think youd be in a single campaign mission for a full day? In Skyrim, the Day to Night Cycle is around 2 hours of playtime, perhaps less, if its in Halo 4 it will be the same, it will never be based on Real Life time and anyone who says it would is pretty unreliable.
>
> You should know your games, and facts before posting inappropriate threads and seemingly trolling, and having a heart attack over a feature that is interesting but possibly not included at all in the Campaign. The Campaign is likely segmented like mentioned and not a Day to Night cycle at all, and if it was itd be very minor, lolReal Life time, seriously I dont know where you pulled that from.

From here:

(Call that guy there troll, not me …)

Also each XBox has a clock these days … so programming things like that won’t be hard.
Plus: there is this midnight-jump achievement ( ← but that could also mean: midnight in gameplay time ).

Iam just scared that they mess up H4 in the last seconds before it releases.

I whish I would have your optimism :stuck_out_tongue:

That guy simply has to much time on his hands, and for posting a video he doesnt seem to know much about gaming in general much less Halo 4. Using a actual Real Time Day to Night cycle isnt very intelligent, and something a developer would understand. It is possible for it to use a Cycle of sorts but it would be something extremely minor, couple hours at the most but it wouldnt make very much sense for Halo as the story generally goes by a set timeline.

I sincerely doubt that there will be day and night implementation in campaign, the missions simply won’t be long enough to do that without cut scenes going from one point in the game to the next within the same mission.

I think it would be nice though to see a Day and Night option for some multiplayer levels.

> That guy simply has to much time on his hands, and for posting a video he doesnt seem to know much about gaming in general much less Halo 4. […]

+1

My dream is that forge will get more accurate effects :slight_smile: nightime dynamic lighting would be sexi, especially on multiplayer maps. It would be a unique part of what makes Halo so awesome, never cared much for the Purple FX in Reach, Halo 3,.

I don’t believe either that there will be a real day/night time option. I rather think that there are at least two missions in the campaign that play at night:

the first being after the crash of the Forward Unto Dawn
and the second being some part after the arrival of the UNSC Infinity and the introduction of the Promethean Knights