Read the books?

Will I have to read the books to understand what’s going on in Halo 4 I’m already reading Ghost of Onyx but I was just wondering is the books ahead will tie into Halo 4 in some way?

According to Frank O’Connor, yes, they tie in the the fiction not only the books, but the games as well.

Everything will tie into Halo 4–the fiction is meant to be continuous. However, you don’t need to read the books or any other work of fiction to understand Halo 4.

No you dont have to.
But if you DO wish to pull little hidden debits of information from the game, than by all means read ‘Classlands’ and the Forerunner series; ‘Cryptum’ and Primodium(?)

> According to Frank O’Connor, yes, they tie in the the fiction not only the books, but the games as well.

No he did not. You’re stupid (not really, but deal with it).

What frank actually said was that all the Halo books tie in into Halo 4. He explained that you will not be confused playing Halo 4 if you have not read any of the books. For the people who have read the books though there will be tiny little shout-outs to characters from the book and easter-eggs.

after that book, you only need to read Glasslands to get the big picture for halo 4.