Reach's MLG is a joke.

Just played my first game of it, mind you I haven’t touched Reach in months, and I though “oh MLG it has to at least have some better gameplay”. Wrong! All i saw was crutch after crutch after crutch. It was a game of who could utilize their crutch more, not skill! Oh and God forbid MLG takes skill!
Seriously, people just shot, shot, spam shot at close range. And when I was strafing three guys, count em’ three, couldn’t touch me for 3 seconds. I mean their first instinct was to grenade, utilize their crutch (sprint/evade away), turn around throw another grenade and spam shot… IN MLG!! These aren’t Halo tactics, they aren’t even MLG tactics.
I was utterly disgusted with Halo: Reach before but now its just… indescribable. This is truly not a Halo game in my mind.

forum≠blog.

Maybe you should go try a different playlist; there is more to Reach than just MLG.

Also, you have only 3 games of MLG played on Reach with an average 0.82 K/D. Looks like their gameplay beat your’s, so does it really matter that they weren’t playing the right way?

I’m saying that in comparison to other MLG playlists (Halo: 2/3’s) this one takes no skill, and if I wanted to play Reach’s other playlist then I would be playing them. If you checked my game history you would see that I haven’t touched Reach for months out of utter hatred for it.
A friend of mine just said to give the MLG playlist a chance (and I did) and it only took those few games for me to decide that it is just as boring and frustrating as the other playlists. And no they weren’t playing right. They completely ignored the objective and went for kills, I was the only one trying to play the objective and excuse me for trying not to rely on a stupid crutch given to every player on start. AL’s don’t show skill and don’t belong on a Halo game, not to mention the pinnacle of competitive game-play (the MLG playlist).

If a loadout is available, not using it shows that you are refusing to adapt. Which I thought was something MLG players were good at.
Also, I did check your game history. Your 3 games of MLG with a 0.82 K/D really doesn’t validate any of your argument. You based an opinion off of barely a few matches. I’m pretty sure that if you went positive those matches instead, you’d be singing a different tune.

It beats the hell out of normal matchmaking. I’d play it more if I was better at it.

FYI MLG’s v1 settings did not have sprint (still had evade pickups), and the response from the community was almost unanimously positive. Why they put it back in is anyone’s guess. I think evade, as a pickup, is a good thing. It’s an item that needs to be controlled and if used right can give you the same advantage as a power weapon can. AA’s as pickups can add a whole new dimension to the game that way, while preventing mass abuse of them. I really hope 343i notices this and fixes it.

MLG should have kept Reflection too. As bad as it is on normal settings, it was pretty fun in MLG, since it became an actual map and not just a spam-athon in balcony hall.

I fully agree with you Colorith.

MLG offers DMR starts, people will do doubt spam the hell out of it. Grenades are over powered as it is, so people will try to use those as a first, not last resort. Evade is an awful armor ability and shouldn’t even be in playlists that are Spartan only. I agree that those three things make the playlist very un-Halo like.

In other words you lost and instead of accepting that you aren’t good you’re just going to blame the game instead.

Just in case you didn’t know, pacing your shots is completely unnecessary at close range, as it was purposely designed that way.

Meh, It’s alright. The funniest thing about MLG though was that everyone I’ve encountered, was mute banned. =P

> Meh, It’s alright. The funniest thing about MLG though was that everyone I’ve encountered, was mute banned. =P

I actually talked to fellow MLG players and they believe that you can still “hear the other team” when there is a “Team and Party” choice in your settings -_-

I disliked MLG since Halo 3. But i loved MLG in Halo 2, it was a bigger deal back then. It even came out on Cable tv! However i love Halo Reach!

Yeah your right OP, MLG shined in Halo CE+Halo 2 when the game was at its peak from a competitve standpoint, and MLG used to be really fun to play and watch. MLG tried its best they could to salvage what they could from Reach to make it as competitve as possible but it still pales in comparison to past Halo games where individual skill shined and precision weapons were skillful and didnt slow/randomize the game, but encouraged all aspects of competitve Halo.

Yeah, Reach’s MLG is pretty screwed up. Loadouts or AA’s shouldn’t even be considered. The amount of bad teammates you get in an MLG playlist is unbelievable. Even winning isn’t satisfying anymore.

> I fully agree with you Colorith.
>
> MLG offers DMR starts, people will do doubt spam the hell out of it.

Know what would help fix this? Bump movement speed up to 120%, and remove sprint as an AA (place it on the map as a pickup instead). That increased movement speed will make strafing much more effective, and would help to discourage spamming. We can’t fix bloom unless we get a title update, which most likely isn’t happening, so this is the next best thing IMO.

Actually I think movement should be bumped up to 120% across all competitive playlists. But no, that would piss off the casuals since it would make the game harder.

> Grenades are over powered as it is, so people will try to use those as a first, not last resort.

Agreed, but grenades are a necessary evil. Two frags off start is almost a necessity. I think it’s mind-boggling how we’re in our fourth major Halo game and we still don’t have an individual adjuster for grenade damage.

> Evade is an awful armor ability and shouldn’t even be in playlists that are Spartan only. I agree that those three things make the playlist very un-Halo like.

As I said before, I think evade brings more than good than bad. It’s a power item (there’s only one of it on any given map), and it has to be controlled, since a player who has it has a big advantage. Just like a power weapon.