Reach's Life Span

It took me 6 months to max out in Halo 4 (SR 130), yet, I’m roughly 10,000 cR shy of Colonel in Reach. To be fair, I didn’t get Reach until early 2011, then was without an X Box for most of 2012, so I missed a year, but STILL! You’d think I’d have that gold visor by now!
My point is that the ranking system in Reach is far more advanced and keeps you coming back. Actually having titles like “Colonel” instead of a number accompanied by a “Specialization” (SR 57 Pioneer) sounds a lot better. “My Spartan III is a Captain” … “My Spartan IV is a SR 24” … They’re soldiers, they need ranks.
Plus, I blew through those ranks so fast in Halo 4 it made my helmet spin.
I’m still working on my gold visor … Reach still offers something to strive for.
I still play Halo 4, a lot. I find it quite fun. But I play it for Gits & Shiggles mostly. I play Reach to win and climb that slow slow ladder.

It took me two months to hit SR 130. I really liked the progression system as I got it out of the way and didn’t have to worry about playing for XP anymore. I continued playing long after as I greatly enjoyed the game.

In Halo 4, as our Spartan IVs are in a War Games training simulation, it makes sense for them to work with SR levels. I also have my Reach and Halo 4 Spartans connected, so if my Spartan was a Major in one game and a General in another, that would totally irk me.

I enjoy both ranking systems but prefer Halo 4’s. I appreciate the fact that we have two different ones that don’t “interfere” with one another.

I maxed out my Spartan IV in less that two months after launch. I’ve actually been playing Reach again over the last month. I’m within 100,000 Cr of Mythic.

I’m similar in that I’m back on Reach to get to final rank - and the Haunted Helmet! (Though my spartan won’t actually wear it as he prefers ODST).

> I’m similar in that I’m back on Reach to get to final rank - and the Haunted Helmet! (Though my spartan won’t actually wear it as he prefers ODST).

ODST over Haunted. I like you.

> > I’m similar in that I’m back on Reach to get to final rank - and the Haunted Helmet! (Though my spartan won’t actually wear it as he prefers ODST).
>
> ODST over Haunted. I like you.

My Spartan strongly agrees.

I’m tempted to play Reach again. If I did, this account would be my 3rd Inheritor. Also, Security Helmet with CBRN/CNM attachment FTW!!

> I’m tempted to play Reach again. If I did, this account would be my 3rd Inheritor. Also, Security Helmet with CBRN/CNM attachment FTW!!

What happened to first two??

> > I’m tempted to play Reach again. If I did, this account would be my 3rd Inheritor. Also, Security Helmet with CBRN/CNM attachment FTW!!
>
> What happened to first two??

I still have them. I just like to start from scratch once I hit max rank

I bought Reach on launch and played the hell out of that game (and still do), and achieved Inheritor two weeks before Halo 4 dropped. In Halo 4, I hit SR130 in 6 months.

As much hate as Reach rank design earned, Halo 4’s system was truly pathetic. Halo 3 had it right but it also encouraged mass-cheating.

Wow, I can’t believe it’s been 3 years.

I’m almost a Lt.Colonel but I really want to hit Colonel for all the goodies, especially the recon helmet and HP/Parafoil. Unfortunately, that’s going to take a long time though. I stopped playing halo reach after 343 took over and I kinda regret it because of all the DLC fun and credits jackpots that I missed out on :frowning:

On a related note, I keep seeing in the message box that they’ve introduced large credit jackpots but I’m not sure if that still applies or 343 simply couldn’t be bothered to change the message? Also, do people still play Halo Reach? I feel like COD, Halo 4, BF3 and now BF4/Next-gen will basically take the rest of the population.

i have recently been playing halo3, halo4 and reach.

im enjoying reach the most of the three.

I have to this day still played more Reach than Halo 4, by a mile, and am only a Noble. I’ve been a SR130 in Halo 4 for months…

Reach will continue to have online players until Destiny arrives next year. Those who continue to play multiplayer on Reach are Bungie fans. 343’s game is far inferior. I am willing to give the next Halo game a chance… But I won’t hold my breath on it being good.

> Reach will continue to have online players until Destiny arrives next year. Those who continue to play multiplayer on Reach are Bungie fans. 343’s game is far inferior. I am willing to give the next Halo game a chance… But I won’t hold my breath on it being good.

I agree, its best not to take any chances on assuming anything about the next halo.

> I have to this day still played more Reach than Halo 4, by a mile, and am only a Noble. I’ve been a SR130 in Halo 4 for months…

SR130 was so easy to reach quickly (4 months). as compared to how long it took me to reach reclaimer in reach (2 years)

I’ve only played up to Halo Reach and I still think it is one of the better installments next to Halo 2. Halo 4, from what I’ve seen through walkthroughs, doesn’t really compare, not to mention all the story nonsense happening in spartan ops…

Three going on four years and Reach and 3 are still quite alive I love the two of these games mostly for slaughtering the Spartans/Demons up until this point I’m amazed I have not reached inheritor but that has been giving up slightly reach is a home you could say it occupies some of the best moments of all time and it still keeps breathing. Halo 4 was a letdown to me one major reason was the elites not being in MM but the ranking system, weapon design & balancing, map flow, and how it moves so quickly that you can’t sit down and enjoy it but those are my opinions.

> Reach will continue to have online players until Destiny arrives next year. Those who continue to play multiplayer on Reach are Bungie fans. 343’s game is far inferior. I am willing to give the next Halo game a chance… <mark>But I won’t hold my breath on it being good.</mark>

I will.

OT: I need to go get Reach again, it’s selling used for $13.99. Maybe I can reach Inheritor in the next year before 5 is out.

> > I’m similar in that I’m back on Reach to get to final rank - and the Haunted Helmet! (Though my spartan won’t actually wear it as he prefers ODST).
>
> ODST over Haunted. I like you.

Meh. Mark V rules the world!