Reach's Grifball is Toxic

Fair warning for anyone who hops on Reach on the Xbox 360: the Grifball matchmaking is a terrible experience. I haven’t been able to find a single match where I wasn’t the only one not colluding to just sit there and grind credits. And if you dare to try playing the game then your own teammates will betray you to prevent you from ruining their grinding. Why people hop on matchmaking on a 10 year old game to not actually play the game is beyond me. It’s not like Inheritor provides any real world bonuses, and if you really want the Haunted helmet that badly then just buy MCC and you can get it much faster. I don’t know how long this has been the status quo for this playlist since I only jumped back on for the 10th anniversary, but hopefully this information will be useful to someone.

> 2533274883561809;1:
> Fair warning for anyone who hops on Reach on the Xbox 360: the Grifball matchmaking is a terrible experience. I haven’t been able to find a single match where I wasn’t the only one not colluding to just sit there and grind credits. And if you dare to try playing the game then your own teammates will betray you to prevent you from ruining their grinding. Why people hop on matchmaking on a 10 year old game to not actually play the game is beyond me. It’s not like Inheritor provides any real world bonuses, and if you really want the Haunted helmet that badly then just buy MCC and you can get it much faster. I don’t know how long this has been the status quo for this playlist since I only jumped back on for the 10th anniversary, but hopefully this information will be useful to someone.

Yeah I played Grifball the other day and I was constantly being betrayed. And I know it was intentional. Also a guy from the other team was flying around the map .-.

> 2535426515273563;2:
> > 2533274883561809;1:
> > Fair warning for anyone who hops on Reach on the Xbox 360: the Grifball matchmaking is a terrible experience. I haven’t been able to find a single match where I wasn’t the only one not colluding to just sit there and grind credits. And if you dare to try playing the game then your own teammates will betray you to prevent you from ruining their grinding. Why people hop on matchmaking on a 10 year old game to not actually play the game is beyond me. It’s not like Inheritor provides any real world bonuses, and if you really want the Haunted helmet that badly then just buy MCC and you can get it much faster. I don’t know how long this has been the status quo for this playlist since I only jumped back on for the 10th anniversary, but hopefully this information will be useful to someone.
>
> Yeah I played Grifball the other day and I was constantly being betrayed. And I know it was intentional. Also a guy from the other team was flying around the map .-.

Yep I forgot to mention that one of the people in one match was definitely using some kind of cheat to increase their mobility, since they were as fast as the ball carrier.

> 2533274883561809;3:
> > 2535426515273563;2:
> > > 2533274883561809;1:
> > > Fair warning for anyone who hops on Reach on the Xbox 360: the Grifball matchmaking is a terrible experience. I haven’t been able to find a single match where I wasn’t the only one not colluding to just sit there and grind credits. And if you dare to try playing the game then your own teammates will betray you to prevent you from ruining their grinding. Why people hop on matchmaking on a 10 year old game to not actually play the game is beyond me. It’s not like Inheritor provides any real world bonuses, and if you really want the Haunted helmet that badly then just buy MCC and you can get it much faster. I don’t know how long this has been the status quo for this playlist since I only jumped back on for the 10th anniversary, but hopefully this information will be useful to someone.
> >
> > Yeah I played Grifball the other day and I was constantly being betrayed. And I know it was intentional. Also a guy from the other team was flying around the map .-.
>
> Yep I forgot to mention that one of the people in one match was definitely using some kind of cheat to increase their mobility, since they were as fast as the ball carrier.

This guy beat everyone to the ball before we knew what was happening. I hate hackers

> 2535426515273563;4:
> > 2533274883561809;3:
> > > 2535426515273563;2:
> > > > 2533274883561809;1:
> > > > Fair warning for anyone who hops on Reach on the Xbox 360: the Grifball matchmaking is a terrible experience. I haven’t been able to find a single match where I wasn’t the only one not colluding to just sit there and grind credits. And if you dare to try playing the game then your own teammates will betray you to prevent you from ruining their grinding. Why people hop on matchmaking on a 10 year old game to not actually play the game is beyond me. It’s not like Inheritor provides any real world bonuses, and if you really want the Haunted helmet that badly then just buy MCC and you can get it much faster. I don’t know how long this has been the status quo for this playlist since I only jumped back on for the 10th anniversary, but hopefully this information will be useful to someone.
> > >
> > > Yeah I played Grifball the other day and I was constantly being betrayed. And I know it was intentional. Also a guy from the other team was flying around the map .-.
> >
> > Yep I forgot to mention that one of the people in one match was definitely using some kind of cheat to increase their mobility, since they were as fast as the ball carrier.
>
> This guy beat everyone to the ball before we knew what was happening. I hate hackers

Sounds about right. Wish it wasn’t like this… buts it’s 10 years old people were gonna break/ hack the game eventually… sad to see it happen to Reach tho

I used to sit and saw people killing each other in Reach’s grifball 5 years ago, i didn’t get far because i thought “Why am i doing this, i don’t even like that helmet” so i stopped doing that, but in all my time playing reach i’ve always found it toxic, all thanks to the new assassinations, a player kill you that way and message you “HAHA you’re bad”, you kill a player that way and message you "That was luck 1v1? " I didn’t answer them and they start to annoy message and message me.

Maybe you don’t, but all the time i remember the Halo Reach multiplayer my first thought of it is Toxic.

I started playing Reach again March 2018 then tried out Griffball in summer of 2018 for a daily challenge, I was surprised seeing so many team up from both teams farming cR I never saw anything like this back in the days! I no longer play legacy titles and MCC will be my main platform for older Halos!

It is a 10 year old game on an outdated console. Modders are definitly stronger populated and people who still play the 360 version are only in it to get to inheritor. If you want a normal grifball game the best option is to buy the mcc.

> 2533275003965470;8:
> It is a 10 year old game on an outdated console. Modders are definitly stronger populated and people who still play the 360 version are only in it to get to inheritor. If you want a normal grifball game the best option is to buy the mcc.

Fortunately for me I own MCC on PC, I was just logging into 360 Reach for old times’ sake. It’s a shame for people who are still stuck on older hardware (in countries where the cost of new hardware is prohibitive, for example).

> 2533274883561809;9:
> > 2533275003965470;8:
> > It is a 10 year old game on an outdated console. Modders are definitly stronger populated and people who still play the 360 version are only in it to get to inheritor. If you want a normal grifball game the best option is to buy the mcc.
>
> Fortunately for me I own MCC on PC, I was just logging into 360 Reach for old times’ sake. It’s a shame for people who are still stuck on older hardware (in countries where the cost of new hardware is prohibitive, for example).

It’s still cool that it’s available to play though the games 10 years old and can still run pretty smooth.

It’s infuriating how toxic some people are. Especially the spawn killers. Either try to win, or don’t, but don’t make it painful for everyone else to be there. What makes even less sense is when they spawn kill you when youre on their team, its not like its getting them any extra credits. Same goes for the hackers honestly