Reaching Max Rank

With the numerous amount of games that have been released in the past decade, we can state that games have been extracting information from one another, yet of course still maintaining their own unique originality. However, entering into a new generation of gaming technology, it’s now regular to see other game elements in different genres and in common ones as well.
In frequent forms that I have come across, I have interpreted information that states from our fanbase what they would prefer in their updates for when the game has reached it’s stages of maturity.

Therefore, the question is, what would you like to have as incentives for reaching max rank in Infinite? Here are a couple of things that would spark my interest:

• a prestige system
  • stat reset
  • unlocking new challenges and customization
  • something never done before/other

More importantly, I would like to address the armour shader that is unlocked in infinite for reaching max rank in Halo 5: Guardians. Recently, I can positively state the game has been receiving more hype, something that I personally believe. I understand the game has been out for a very long time, yet I know there are new players joining the community, and, for players that are so close to reaching max rank yet won’t be able too, I would appreciate if the shader will still be available to unlock after the game has been released for those who have not yet reached max rank in Halo 5: Guardians.

What do you think? Will you make it to max rank for Infinifte?

> 2535431155891774;1:
> With the numerous amount of games that have been released in the past decade, we can state that games have been extracting information from one another, yet of course still maintaining their own unique originality. However, entering into a new generation of gaming technology, it’s now regular to see other game elements in different genres and in common ones as well.
> In frequent forms that I have come across, I have interpreted information that states from our fanbase what they would prefer in their updates for when the game has reached it’s stages of maturity.
>
> Therefore, the question is, what would you like to have as incentives for reaching max rank in Infinite? Here are a couple of things that would spark my interest:
> - a prestige system
> - stat reset
> - unlocking new challenges and customization
> - something never done before/other
>
> More importantly, I would like to address the armour shader that is unlocked in infinite for reaching max rank in Halo 5: Guardians. Recently, I can positively state the game has been receiving more hype, something that I personally believe. I understand the game has been out for a very long time, yet I know there are new players joining the community, and, for players that are so close to reaching max rank yet won’t be able too, I would appreciate if the shader will still be available to unlock after the game has been released for those who have not yet reached max rank in Halo 5: Guardians.
>
> What do you think? Will you make it to max rank for Infinifte?

i think the 152 reward will be available after the release of infinite though

> 2535409171473129;2:
> > 2535431155891774;1:
> > With the numerous amount of games that have been released in the past decade, we can state that games have been extracting information from one another, yet of course still maintaining their own unique originality. However, entering into a new generation of gaming technology, it’s now regular to see other game elements in different genres and in common ones as well.
> > In frequent forms that I have come across, I have interpreted information that states from our fanbase what they would prefer in their updates for when the game has reached it’s stages of maturity.
> >
> > Therefore, the question is, what would you like to have as incentives for reaching max rank in Infinite? Here are a couple of things that would spark my interest:
> > - a prestige system
> > - stat reset
> > - unlocking new challenges and customization
> > - something never done before/other
> >
> > More importantly, I would like to address the armour shader that is unlocked in infinite for reaching max rank in Halo 5: Guardians. Recently, I can positively state the game has been receiving more hype, something that I personally believe. I understand the game has been out for a very long time, yet I know there are new players joining the community, and, for players that are so close to reaching max rank yet won’t be able too, I would appreciate if the shader will still be available to unlock after the game has been released for those who have not yet reached max rank in Halo 5: Guardians.
> >
> > What do you think? Will you make it to max rank for Infinifte?
>
> i think the 152 reward will be available after the release of infinite though

No it shouldn’t be. Its a reward for those who dedicated the time to get to 152. if they just hand it out to everybody, it would be a slap in the face to those who got it first

> 2533274847704400;3:
> > 2535409171473129;2:
> > > 2535431155891774;1:
> > > With the numerous amount of games that have been released in the past decade, we can state that games have been extracting information from one another, yet of course still maintaining their own unique originality. However, entering into a new generation of gaming technology, it’s now regular to see other game elements in different genres and in common ones as well.
> > > In frequent forms that I have come across, I have interpreted information that states from our fanbase what they would prefer in their updates for when the game has reached it’s stages of maturity.
> > >
> > > Therefore, the question is, what would you like to have as incentives for reaching max rank in Infinite? Here are a couple of things that would spark my interest:
> > > - a prestige system
> > > - stat reset
> > > - unlocking new challenges and customization
> > > - something never done before/other
> > >
> > > More importantly, I would like to address the armour shader that is unlocked in infinite for reaching max rank in Halo 5: Guardians. Recently, I can positively state the game has been receiving more hype, something that I personally believe. I understand the game has been out for a very long time, yet I know there are new players joining the community, and, for players that are so close to reaching max rank yet won’t be able too, I would appreciate if the shader will still be available to unlock after the game has been released for those who have not yet reached max rank in Halo 5: Guardians.
> > >
> > > What do you think? Will you make it to max rank for Infinifte?
> >
> > i think the 152 reward will be available after the release of infinite though
>
> No it shouldn’t be. Its a reward for those who dedicated the time to get to 152. if they just hand it out to everybody, it would be a slap in the face to those who got it first

I think OP means that he hopes you don’t need to hit max rank in H5 before Infinite releases. As i recall the original phrasing of the announcement of the ‘token’ was ‘before’ and that implied there’d be a hard cut-off that once Infinite released no one else would earn it, but it’s hard to say. I can see both arguments: you don’t want to be encouraging people to play your old game over your new one, but likewise if someone stopped playing Halo 5 a couple years back at mid-151 and comes back to Halo for Infinite, it would suck to hear you’d missed out on something you were so close to. Plus PC players who’ve never had a chance to play 5 might get annoyed.

I can see both arguments - personally I’ll be sure I’m at 152 before infinite releases.

> 2535431155891774;1:
> With the numerous amount of games that have been released in the past decade, we can state that games have been extracting information from one another, yet of course still maintaining their own unique originality. However, entering into a new generation of gaming technology, it’s now regular to see other game elements in different genres and in common ones as well.
> In frequent forms that I have come across, I have interpreted information that states from our fanbase what they would prefer in their updates for when the game has reached it’s stages of maturity.
>
> Therefore, the question is, what would you like to have as incentives for reaching max rank in Infinite? Here are a couple of things that would spark my interest:
> - a prestige system
> - stat reset
> - unlocking new challenges and customization
> - something never done before/other

Personally I’m not a fan of a stat reset/re-up type mechanic. I appreciate it adds extra longevity to your endgame, but it also just amounts to an extra grind for players.

Personally I thought the Halo 5 grind was a little excessive for too little reward - and it made a mistake to exclude campaign from earning XP. Until we see the game’s ongoing long term customisation/challenges system/battle pass?/other options, it’s hard to see. Personally I’m a vehement opponent of a grind for grind’s sake.

I think the current MCC system is a really good starting point though and I suspect it’s being used as a testbed.

> 2533274874872263;4:
> > 2533274847704400;3:
> > > 2535409171473129;2:
> > > > 2535431155891774;1:
> > > > With the numerous amount of games that have been released in the past decade, we can state that games have been extracting information from one another, yet of course still maintaining their own unique originality. However, entering into a new generation of gaming technology, it’s now regular to see other game elements in different genres and in common ones as well.
> > > > In frequent forms that I have come across, I have interpreted information that states from our fanbase what they would prefer in their updates for when the game has reached it’s stages of maturity.
> > > >
> > > > Therefore, the question is, what would you like to have as incentives for reaching max rank in Infinite? Here are a couple of things that would spark my interest:
> > > > - a prestige system
> > > > - stat reset
> > > > - unlocking new challenges and customization
> > > > - something never done before/other
> > > >
> > > > More importantly, I would like to address the armour shader that is unlocked in infinite for reaching max rank in Halo 5: Guardians. Recently, I can positively state the game has been receiving more hype, something that I personally believe. I understand the game has been out for a very long time, yet I know there are new players joining the community, and, for players that are so close to reaching max rank yet won’t be able too, I would appreciate if the shader will still be available to unlock after the game has been released for those who have not yet reached max rank in Halo 5: Guardians.
> > > >
> > > > What do you think? Will you make it to max rank for Infinifte?
> > >
> > > i think the 152 reward will be available after the release of infinite though
> >
> > No it shouldn’t be. Its a reward for those who dedicated the time to get to 152. if they just hand it out to everybody, it would be a slap in the face to those who got it first
>
> I think OP means that he hopes you don’t need to hit max rank in H5 before Infinite releases. As i recall the original phrasing of the announcement of the ‘token’ was ‘before’ and that implied there’d be a hard cut-off that once Infinite released no one else would earn it, but it’s hard to say. I can see both arguments: you don’t want to be encouraging people to play your old game over your new one, but likewise if someone stopped playing Halo 5 a couple years back at mid-151 and comes back to Halo for Infinite, it would suck to hear you’d missed out on something you were so close to. Plus PC players who’ve never had a chance to play 5 might get annoyed.
>
> I can see both arguments - personally I’ll be sure I’m at 152 before infinite releases.

Oh… yeah I must have misread that…

I’m not sure how I’d feel either way tbh. I don’t see why it would be an issue if someone wanted to get to 152 after infinite released. I know once Infinite is out I won’t be touching Halo 5 for a long time

> 2533274847704400;5:
> > 2533274874872263;4:
> > > 2533274847704400;3:
> > > > 2535409171473129;2:
> > > > > 2535431155891774;1:
> > > > > With the numerous amount of games that have been released in the past decade, we can state that games have been extracting information from one another, yet of course still maintaining their own unique originality. However, entering into a new generation of gaming technology, it’s now regular to see other game elements in different genres and in common ones as well.
> > > > > In frequent forms that I have come across, I have interpreted information that states from our fanbase what they would prefer in their updates for when the game has reached it’s stages of maturity.
> > > > >
> > > > > Therefore, the question is, what would you like to have as incentives for reaching max rank in Infinite? Here are a couple of things that would spark my interest:
> > > > > - a prestige system
> > > > > - stat reset
> > > > > - unlocking new challenges and customization
> > > > > - something never done before/other
> > > > >
> > > > > More importantly, I would like to address the armour shader that is unlocked in infinite for reaching max rank in Halo 5: Guardians. Recently, I can positively state the game has been receiving more hype, something that I personally believe. I understand the game has been out for a very long time, yet I know there are new players joining the community, and, for players that are so close to reaching max rank yet won’t be able too, I would appreciate if the shader will still be available to unlock after the game has been released for those who have not yet reached max rank in Halo 5: Guardians.
> > > > >
> > > > > What do you think? Will you make it to max rank for Infinifte?
> > > >
> > > > i think the 152 reward will be available after the release of infinite though
> > >
> > > No it shouldn’t be. Its a reward for those who dedicated the time to get to 152. if they just hand it out to everybody, it would be a slap in the face to those who got it first
> >
> > I think OP means that he hopes you don’t need to hit max rank in H5 before Infinite releases. As i recall the original phrasing of the announcement of the ‘token’ was ‘before’ and that implied there’d be a hard cut-off that once Infinite released no one else would earn it, but it’s hard to say. I can see both arguments: you don’t want to be encouraging people to play your old game over your new one, but likewise if someone stopped playing Halo 5 a couple years back at mid-151 and comes back to Halo for Infinite, it would suck to hear you’d missed out on something you were so close to. Plus PC players who’ve never had a chance to play 5 might get annoyed.
> >
> > I can see both arguments - personally I’ll be sure I’m at 152 before infinite releases.
>
> Oh… yeah I must have misread that…
>
> I’m not sure how I’d feel either way tbh. I don’t see why it would be an issue if someone wanted to get to 152 after infinite released. I know once Infinite is out I won’t be touching Halo 5 for a long time

Only reason I might would be customs as will take a while to get critical mass