Reach was good...

Just not as good as it should’ve been.

Each Halo vastly improved from the last and everyone loved that.
Reach didn’t though.

Reach was a great game, fantastic.

Just not a very good Halo game.

And tbh, I want Halo 4 to start that trend again.

What trend you ask?

That the current game is sooo good, you don’t see how the next one can improve or be better yet it does and far exceeds expectations.

That is what I thought with Halo CE, Halo 2 an Halo 3. Even though I think Reach was in some way better than Halo 3, I’m actually going to leave it out and not judge it so harshly when compared to the other games.
Because it isn’t part of the trilogy, or Chief’s story.

So I’m going to put Halo 4 in it’s place and treat Reach as it’s own thing; that way the trend will stay the same.

Halo has never dissapointed, techinically it hasn’t.
It’s one of few franchises that is just by default good and the name has rarely(If ever), been tarnished unlike that of Call of Duty.

I’m not going to let it get tarnished, Reach was good as its own game. Brilliant even. And that’s what Bungie intended it to be. So don’t treat it as the predecessor to Halo 3, but the close cousin of the Original Trilogy.

/Sarnius out.

every game has it’s pros and cons. some people just dont understand that and they claim that it’s “Their game” as in they spent months on end making it

the only thing that i really did not like about reach was crappy teammates that are either stupid or betray you for the sniper.

but what can you do?

I can’t remember what it was but I just hated the crap out of reach.

Halo Reach was the worst Halo game to date, The amount of problems with that game was unfrigginbelivable.

> I can;t remember what it was but I just hated the crap out of reach.

the only thing that i really did not like about reach was crappy teammates that are either stupid or betray you for the sniper.

but what can you do?

> > I can;t remember what it was but I just hated the crap out of reach.
>
> the only thing that i really did not like about reach was crappy teammates that are either stupid or betray you for the sniper.
>
> but what can you do?

think back to the very early days of reach, that’s when I quit. the only thing that kept me playing was invasion. then I just left for some reason.

> > > I can;t remember what it was but I just hated the crap out of reach.
> >
> > the only thing that i really did not like about reach was crappy teammates that are either stupid or betray you for the sniper.
> >
> > but what can you do?
>
> think back to the very early days of reach, that’s when I quit. the only thing that kept me playing was invasion. then I just left for some reason.

eh, didn’t bother me for some reason. i just got aggravated by the crappy teammates.

Generally, I think Reach was more stable than Halo 3. The framerate was tons better, I had hardly any ‘HDTV lag’ in Reach whereas I did in Halo 3. Other than that, I liked Halo 3’s overall pace and map design better, I just think that Reach was more stable.

good at what it was trying to be:

a game specifically made for casual players.

for the competitive player, this game was WORSE than abysmal. it is the scourge of all of the halos, and will always be remembered as the worst halo game ever made, to date, hands down, bar none, not close, by THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of competitive people.

never in my life have i seen such a plethora of terribad mechanics wrapped up into one game. frankly, we expect more from halo than what we received, LOADS more. the typical competitive player looks at the mechanics in this game, and is completely befuddled as to how they could have possibly thought these mechanics were alright.

lots of people wonder if they even tested this game AT ALL, let alone testing it with people who actually have some shred of a competitive whim in their bodies. halo reach has the least amount of competitive merit of any of the halo games at the time of their prime. competitive reach is boring to watch.

very few people who are especially good at halo think this game is actually past mediocre. that alone speaks volumes of how fail halo reach is, and will always be.

dress it up all you like, but when it boils down to it, CORE GAME MECHANICS KINDA MATTER. in reach they BLEW IT with those.

I played all 4 games live from their first day of release till the next game, here are my stats just by looking you can tell Halo Reach’s matchmaking was not bad enough to disguised me away. It was pretty good only problem was A)Lack of maps B) Lack of mics.
Halo Reach: Games Played 3,617 (+770 custom)
Custom up to 03/31/2012 bungie.net
Halo 3: Games Played 1,639 (+4,480 custom)
Halo 2: Games Played 1,316
Halo 1: No record

The production value of Reach is top notch! Frame rate, graphics, storyline was all fantastic. It felt too slow and Bloom was annoying so unfortunately it’s my least favorite but I certainly don’t HATE it.

I agree I also like to think that Halo/Reach/ODST/ and Wars are part of their own Trilogy, because those games has nothing to do with the Chief and is based on before a certain game so they are some time considers as prequel. Don’t know where Halo:CEA would fit in though.

I don’t compare reach to the trilogy either. It was a different game, created after halo 3, based before halo 1. It still has, in my opinion, the most epic campaign ever. (Halo 2 had the best). It also had the most diverse multiplayer ever. (Look at all the playlists. Sure its not as good as Halo 1 multiplayer, but its still has many things jammed into those playlists as well.) Its forge is great! (Not the most beautiful, but allowed for a lot of creativity.) And it even had a decent firefight. (Halo ODST had the best, but still, it was decent).
Halo 4 may not be the best in any of these categories, but if it is as good of a game as reach(good all around sort of game) then I will be happy. I hope 343i truly respects halo the way bungie did. Being passionate about everything they make, and being ready to show that passion. That’s why I love bungie. You can feel the passion and love they’ve put in every game, it almost radiates out of the game itself! I hope I can feel the same thing with 343i and halo 4. The halo feel doesn’t draw me into halo. That feeling of passion did.

Reach was a very good game… just not very competitive.

It needed to be both.

Here’s my hierarchy of Video Games:

The Halo Trilogy/ODST
Reach
Every other game

So, Reach is better than most other games, just not as good as it could have been.

Reach was alright gameplay wise

what ruined it was that the maps were terrible, the community has done its best with forgeworld but maps can only be so interesting when the only colours you can work with are grey and green