Reach was better than Halo 4.

A lot of people here point out Reach as being the reason 343i is superior to Bungie.

I’d like to point out that, post-patch, Reach was much more in line with classic Halo than Halo 4 was. Reach could be configured to play very similarly to Halo 3 once the zero bloom patch was pushed out.

Also, Reach was the best when it came to graphical design. The game was also much more polished and feature-packed than Halo 4 was. Halo 4 cut Firefight and campaign scoring, multiplayer options were broken, and fileshare didn’t work.

The highest point on 343i’s track record is Reach’s TU. Keep that in mind.

I agree.
and im sure the community will be split on this and 343 will have a “classic” playlist

Reach was an excellent halo game after its tweaks. I can only laugh when people say it was worse than halo 4. Obviously we weren’t playing the same game.

Only complaints I hear from reach were about armor lock/as/sprint. When there were playlists that you could play without all of these features

TU reach was a solid 8.5/10

h4 on its best day with its best settings was a 6/10

Nope. It wasn’t.

For multiplayer it’s totally awful maps (Swordbase) vs good ones (Haven). It’s AL and rest of unbalanced AAs vs much better balanced AAs. It 1-weapon (DMR) game vs game with much more variety…

And design? I’m taking Ken Scott’s work above anything Bungie’s artists ever did (however I admit that they made huge progress in Destiny - design and artwork is probably only positive thing in there). Anytime, anywhere.

However I see no reason why this thread is in Halo 5 section.

What does this has to do with h5g?

> 2533274820093296;5:
> However I see no reason why this thread is in Halo 5 section.

Agreed and Thank You

Lol, this has nothing to do with H5.

But no bruh, it wasn’t.

> 2533274820093296;5:
> Nope. It wasn’t.
>
> For multiplayer it’s totally awful maps (Swordbase) vs good ones (Haven). It’s AL and rest of unbalanced AAs vs much better balanced AAs. It 1-weapon (DMR) game vs game with much more variety…
>
> And design? I’m taking Ken Scott’s work above anything Bungie’s artists ever did (however I admit that they made huge progress in Destiny - design and artwork is probably only positive thing in there). Anytime, anywhere.
>
> However I see no reason why this thread is in Halo 5 section.

HA!

We have a problem child here.

Halo 4 had possibly the worst set of maps of any FPS I’ve ever played.

And graphically, it looked -Yoink- ugly.

Halo 4 art style is dull and generic, as well as looking washed out, see Spartan armour. Skyboxes were average. Textures were RUBBISH.

Halo Reach had vibrant colours with amazing textures and skyboxes.

reaches art design is much more iconic.

Regardless of of what you think of gameplay, are you SERIOUSLY telling me you think those Halo 4 screenshots showcase a better art style than the Reach shots?

Looks like someone has no artistic eye or ability!

Halo Reach is my favourite game of all time.

For a casual experience and for just fun in general, I actually had more good times on Reach before 343s TU.

> 2533274877724470;9:
> > 2533274820093296;5:
> > Nope. It wasn’t.
> >
> > For multiplayer it’s totally awful maps (Swordbase) vs good ones (Haven). It’s AL and rest of unbalanced AAs vs much better balanced AAs. It 1-weapon (DMR) game vs game with much more variety…
> >
> > And design? I’m taking Ken Scott’s work above anything Bungie’s artists ever did (however I admit that they made huge progress in Destiny - design and artwork is probably only positive thing in there). Anytime, anywhere.
> >
> > However I see no reason why this thread is in Halo 5 section.
>
>
> HA!
>
> We have a problem child here.
>
> Halo 4 had possibly the worst set of maps of any FPS I’ve ever played.
>
> And graphically, it looked -Yoink- ugly.
>
> http://i.imgur.com/j9kSZ.jpg
>
> halo4nation.com
>
> Halo 4 art style is dull and generic, as well as looking washed out, see Spartan armour. Skyboxes were average. Textures were RUBBISH.
>
> Halo Reach had vibrant colours with amazing textures and skyboxes.
>
> http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2010/358/6/4/anchor_9_by_2900d4u-d35lecb.png
>
> http://gamerfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Beaver-Creek-Halo-Anniversary.jpg
>
> reaches art design is much more iconic.
>
> Regardless of of what you think of gameplay, are you SERIOUSLY telling me you think those Halo 4 screenshots showcase a better art style than the Reach shots?
>
> Looks like someone has no artistic eye or ability!

It’s called an opinion. People have different ones. Just because he may disagree with you, it doesn’t mean that he has no artistic eye or ability. Some people prefer Reach;s art style. Some people prefer Halo 4’s. There’s no use in trying to tell somebody that their opinion is wrong, because it isn’t. It’s just different.

> 2533274808386392;11:
> > 2533274877724470;9:
> > > 2533274820093296;5:
> > > Nope. It wasn’t.
> > >
> > > For multiplayer it’s totally awful maps (Swordbase) vs good ones (Haven). It’s AL and rest of unbalanced AAs vs much better balanced AAs. It 1-weapon (DMR) game vs game with much more variety…
> > >
> > > And design? I’m taking Ken Scott’s work above anything Bungie’s artists ever did (however I admit that they made huge progress in Destiny - design and artwork is probably only positive thing in there). Anytime, anywhere.
> > >
> > > However I see no reason why this thread is in Halo 5 section.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > HA!
> >
> > We have a problem child here.
> >
> > Halo 4 had possibly the worst set of maps of any FPS I’ve ever played.
> >
> > And graphically, it looked -Yoink- ugly.
> >
> > http://i.imgur.com/j9kSZ.jpg
> >
> > halo4nation.com
> >
> > Halo 4 art style is dull and generic, as well as looking washed out, see Spartan armour. Skyboxes were average. Textures were RUBBISH.
> >
> > Halo Reach had vibrant colours with amazing textures and skyboxes.
> >
> > http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2010/358/6/4/anchor_9_by_2900d4u-d35lecb.png
> >
> > http://gamerfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Beaver-Creek-Halo-Anniversary.jpg
> >
> > reaches art design is much more iconic.
> >
> > Regardless of of what you think of gameplay, are you SERIOUSLY telling me you think those Halo 4 screenshots showcase a better art style than the Reach shots?
> >
> > Looks like someone has no artistic eye or ability!
>
>
>
> It’s called an opinion. People have different ones. Just because he may disagree with you, it doesn’t mean that he has no artistic eye or ability. Some people prefer Reach;s art style. Some people prefer Halo 4’s. There’s no use in trying to tell somebody that their opinion is wrong, because it isn’t. It’s just different.

Well he was also pretty declarative in his own post, which is why I replied in such a way.

Sorry but I love my Reach and will defend it to the bitter end :’)

Reach was 10000000000x times better than Halo 4. I cannot believe some people believe other wise. Wow

Reach was not better than Halo 4. I actually thought H4 was one of the best of the series. And that’s coming from someone that has been playing Halo for 10+ years.

And the winner of the Duuuuh award goes to OP.

Seriously, I thought it was the majority opinion that Reach was superior to 4.

lol no

That’s not saying much.

Either way, the Bungie that made HCE and H2 no longer exists. The actual people are gone. Bungie is Bungie is name only these days.

I can’t play Halo 4 at all, the art direction and “orange” lighting alone makes it unplayable for me. Reach simply has a superior atmosphere to 4’s, I’d say the best in the series.

Reach was and still is the best Halo game.

A good mix of game modes instead of the annoying BR starts you get nearly every game in Halo MC.

Also from playing Halo 5 beta I would say Reach is better than that too.

> 2533274877724470;9:
> > 2533274820093296;5:
> > Nope. It wasn’t.
> >
> > For multiplayer it’s totally awful maps (Swordbase) vs good ones (Haven). It’s AL and rest of unbalanced AAs vs much better balanced AAs. It 1-weapon (DMR) game vs game with much more variety…
> >
> > And design? I’m taking Ken Scott’s work above anything Bungie’s artists ever did (however I admit that they made huge progress in Destiny - design and artwork is probably only positive thing in there). Anytime, anywhere.
> >
> > However I see no reason why this thread is in Halo 5 section.
>
>
> HA!
>
> We have a problem child here.
>
> Halo 4 had possibly the worst set of maps of any FPS I’ve ever played.
>
> And graphically, it looked -Yoink- ugly.
>
> http://i.imgur.com/j9kSZ.jpg
>
> halo4nation.com
>
> Halo 4 art style is dull and generic, as well as looking washed out, see Spartan armour. Skyboxes were average. Textures were RUBBISH.
>
> Halo Reach had vibrant colours with amazing textures and skyboxes.
>
> http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2010/358/6/4/anchor_9_by_2900d4u-d35lecb.png
>
> http://gamerfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Beaver-Creek-Halo-Anniversary.jpg
>
> reaches art design is much more iconic.
>
> Regardless of of what you think of gameplay, are you SERIOUSLY telling me you think those Halo 4 screenshots showcase a better art style than the Reach shots?
>
> Looks like someone has no artistic eye or ability!

I think this thread will go to Halo 4 section evetually, so I might as well answer to this.

Yes. I’m seriously telling you that Halo 4 has better art style than Reach. How? Because there’s isn’t particular style in Bungie’s Halo’s art design. It had this “vibrant colours”, but apart from that it’s just clumsy attempt of making sort-of photorealism in sci-fi. Covies had their own style with curvy shapes and purple colors, but game itself lacked any. Sure, skyboxes in Reach look cool, but it’s just just entry to what Bungie did in Destiny.

On the other hand, Halo 4 is one of few games, where art direction is very much defined and consistently carried from concept artwork to game itself. It’s incredible that high-budget AAA game, where art staff is bigger than some of entire studios, is able to maintain so much of individual art design in final product. We’re not talking about any “individual” in here, but about some very special art design of single man - Kenneth Scott. I admire his work since 1999, when I saw his textures in Quake 3 (and he’s responsible for art of all Id Software games after that). You can google his name and look at his graphics - you’ll see how much of it is carried in Halo 4.

Even if you may not fully apprieciate that particular art design, it’s like comparing craft’s IPA (Ken Scott’s style) to international lager (Bungie’s style) - just because it’s easly assimilable, doesn’t mean it’s better.