Reach vs 4

Do more people play reach now cause I’ve hearedrumours and wanted to clarify

Nobody will ever know for sure. People say Reach has the higher population, but seem to forget that Reach population counters are broken, and they include all the people who play both campaign and firefight matchmaking as well as standard multiplayer matchmaking.

Halo 4’s daily population doesn’t include how many people are playing campaign, customs and Spartan Ops, only War Games. I read somewhere that Frank O’Connor said that at any given time, roughly the same number of people are playing Campaign, and/or Spartan Ops as there are playing War Games. So Halo 4’s population counter could easily be at least double what it says.

No. They go back and forth, rightfully so.

> Nobody will ever know for sure. People say Reach has the higher population, but seem to forget that Reach population counters are broken, and they include all the people who play both campaign and firefight matchmaking as well as standard multiplayer matchmaking.
>
> Halo 4’s daily population doesn’t include how many people are playing campaign, customs and Spartan Ops, only War Games. I read somewhere that Frank O’Connor said that at any given time, roughly the same number of people are playing Campaign, and/or Spartan Ops as there are playing War Games. So Halo 4’s population counter could easily be at least double what it says.

I’m puzzled by this. People have claimed that the population counters for Halo 3 are broken. They’ve claimed that the population counters for Reach are broken.

Where is this information coming from? Where is the evidence of this? How does anyone know one way or the other?

And if the counters for Halo Reach and Halo 3 are inaccurate, what about Halo 4’s population counters?

I play both, primarily Halo 4 though. I do jump on and play the Anniversary Playlist in Reach every once in awhile.

I’ve only been playing more Reach lately because I’m working on getting the Mark V shoulders and Mark VI helmet (I’m behind). So I’m mostly playing Firefight.
I like the pace of Halo 4 Matchmaking, but I LOVE the Anniversary playlist on Reach. I like Spartan Ops; I know it replaced Firefight, but the absence of the Arcade gametype and the ridiculous things you could come up with in Firefight are missed.
Running around with 3X overshields with a rocket launcher and gravity hammer … it’s a slice of heaven.

I’ve been playing Halo 4 a lot more recently and I prefer H4 over Reach. I keep hearing the same thing regarding Reach’s population compared to H4’s but I have been finding games faster on 4 than on Reach so I think 4 has a slightly higher population.

> I’ve been playing Halo 4 a lot more recently and I prefer H4 over Reach. I keep hearing the same thing regarding Reach’s population compared to H4’s <mark>but I have been finding games faster on 4 than on Reach</mark> so I think 4 has a slightly higher population.

It’s because more focus is on 4’s servers. That said, it truly goes back and forth in population.