Reach Update

I’mma be honest, I’ve genuinely been a fan of 343 since the start of their Halo career. They took Halo in their hands and did what they could to keep it alive in H4 (I thought it was decent at best), and I, in my opinion, think that they really upped their game with H5. H5 and H3 are easily the best Halo games in my book, competitively. I’ve been pretty hyped with the updates so far, and never really got disappointed at anything they delivered, because 1) most of what they delivered I thoroughly enjoyed, instead of being nit-picky, and 2) they actually made the choice to give us free updates.
However, seeing the full Reach update, I’m thoroughly disappointed for once. For one, why the Brute Plasma Rifle? I mean, it’s cool and all, but it’s not Reach. Second, why only 4 of the 6 Noble Team armors? That’s kind of…half–Yoinked!-, tbh. Not to mention that instead of the Falcon that everyone wanted (I, for one, would’ve preferred the Revenant over the Falcon), we get a different Phaeton? Literally the ONLY thing that was anything close to Reach in this update is the 4 out 6 armors and Jorge’s chaingun; I wouldn’t have been that disappointed if the name of the update wasn’t Memories Of Reach. C’mon, 343, try to step your game up in the next updates. Don’t throw 30 more Mongoose types in Hog Wild or some -Yoink- like that lmao.
Also, the -Yoink- you pulled with the new weapon skins was kinda lame. I didn’t buy them or anything, I’m just speaking for other people lmao. Dear god, don’t become a money hungry company like EA, Ubisoft, etc.

Carter’s armor is already in the game under the title Noble. First armor set I unlocked in H5.

They didn’t even get Kats armor right. How do you forget about the arm?

> 2533275029645618;3:
> They didn’t even get Kats armor right. How do you forget about the arm?

343 remembered Phaetons in Reach sooooo

when is the update

> 2533275029645618;3:
> They didn’t even get Kats armor right. How do you forget about the arm?

The armour is Reach inspired, its not suppose to be one for one the same. We can’t have Spartan 4’s rubbing around in multiplayer with a robotic arm anyway.

> 2533274967369999;6:
> > 2533275029645618;3:
> > They didn’t even get Kats armor right. How do you forget about the arm?
>
>
> The armour is Reach inspired, its not suppose to be one for one the same. We can’t have Spartan 4’s rubbing around in multiplayer with a robotic arm anyway.

my biggest problem with halo 5 is if cat got a robot arm why cant Dr. cathrene halsy get on too

> 2535445181283707;7:
> > 2533274967369999;6:
> > > 2533275029645618;3:
> > > They didn’t even get Kats armor right. How do you forget about the arm?
> >
> >
> > The armour is Reach inspired, its not suppose to be one for one the same. We can’t have Spartan 4’s rubbing around in multiplayer with a robotic arm anyway.
>
>
> my biggest problem with halo 5 is if cat got a robot arm why cant Dr. cathrene halsy get on too

^

Still don’t understand why everyone thinks just because the update is called “Memories of Reach” that everything included will be from Reach. Phaeton looks cool to me, and I could care less about the armors.

> 2533274925210321;1:
> I’mma be honest, I’ve genuinely been a fan of 343 since the start of their Halo career. They took Halo in their hands and did what they could to keep it alive in H4 (I thought it was decent at best), and I, in my opinion, think that they really upped their game with H5. H5 and H3 are easily the best Halo games in my book, competitively. I’ve been pretty hyped with the updates so far, and never really got disappointed at anything they delivered, because 1) most of what they delivered I thoroughly enjoyed, instead of being nit-picky, and 2) they actually made the choice to give us free updates.
> However, seeing the full Reach update, I’m thoroughly disappointed for once. For one, why the Brute Plasma Rifle? I mean, it’s cool and all, but it’s not Reach. Second, why only 4 of the 6 Noble Team armors? That’s kind of…half–Yoinked!-, tbh. Not to mention that instead of the Falcon that everyone wanted (I, for one, would’ve preferred the Revenant over the Falcon), we get a different Phaeton? Literally the ONLY thing that was anything close to Reach in this update is the 4 out 6 armors and Jorge’s chaingun; I wouldn’t have been that disappointed if the name of the update wasn’t Memories Of Reach. C’mon, 343, try to step your game up in the next updates. Don’t throw 30 more Mongoose types in Hog Wild or some -Yoink- like that lmao.
> Also, the -Yoink- you pulled with the new weapon skins was kinda lame. I didn’t buy them or anything, I’m just speaking for other people lmao. Dear god, don’t become a money hungry company like EA, Ubisoft, etc.

Noble armor and Decimator already exist, so there wouldn’t be much of a point.

The plasma rifle has been finished for a while (seeing as it was in the WFF gameplay trailer), so I don’t see why they wouldn’t add it in as soon as possible.

> Don’t throw 30 more Mongoose types in Hog Wild

Exposed

> 2535445181283707;7:
> > 2533274967369999;6:
> > > 2533275029645618;3:
> > > They didn’t even get Kats armor right. How do you forget about the arm?
> >
> >
> > The armour is Reach inspired, its not suppose to be one for one the same. We can’t have Spartan 4’s rubbing around in multiplayer with a robotic arm anyway.
>
>
> my biggest problem with halo 5 is if cat got a robot arm why cant Dr. cathrene halsy get on too

I’m pretty sure Jul Mdama didn’t have a box of robot arms laying around nor did they have time to do it on Infinity what with the events of the game taking place over the course of a several days and most that time Halsey spent on Sangheilios.

I hope they improve before halo 6 is released

> 2533275029645618;3:
> They didn’t even get Kats armor right. How do you forget about the arm?

how stupid are you people? Its her “armour” Not Kat in the Armour
She had a metal arm in Reach because Kat lost her arm. Your spartan in Halo 5 has not lost his/her arm therefore has the original armour on both arms. They didn;t get it “wrong” at all

I agree with your post. I’m happy with the things in the update, but it should be under another name. I didn’t care for the falcon in reach so I’m not worried about it in halo 5. The Phaeton is awesome though while you can keep it in one piece, so hopefully the armor is upped in the new one.

> 2602973356072471;13:
> > 2533275029645618;3:
> > They didn’t even get Kats armor right. How do you forget about the arm?
>
>
> how stupid are you people? Its her “armour” Not Kat in the Armour
> She had a metal arm in Reach because Kat lost her arm. Your spartan in Halo 5 has not lost his/her arm therefore has the original armour on both arms. They didn;t get it “wrong” at all

Right, and while that makes perfect sense, this is an homage to Reach and that is what one would expect from that armor. There are plenty of Spartans in Reach’s matchmaking running around with that arm who aren’t Kat. It’s a Reach update, you know what that armor is and represents, put the robot arm on it, don’t think too much about it, don’t try to use logic here, it’s matchmaking, it doesn’t matter how stupid it is, it’s to be expected, and here’s why:

Without the robot arm: people are upset
With the robot arm: no one is upset

And this is coming from someone who doesn’t even particularly care that much for Reach (it’s not my favorite Halo), but it seems like a pretty obvious thing to do. So personally, I don’t care either way, but again, seems like a no-brainer to me if you’re trying to appeal to Reach fans.